It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:21 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Michael Tom - sgt.michaeltom@yahoo.com

African scammers posing as military personnel.
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Michael Tom - sgt.michaeltom@yahoo.com

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:40 pm

Could you add emailaddress and phone number and first message text that the Nigerian gang of scammers used with "Joey Robles"?
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Tony Robles, roblest55@yahoo.com

Postby Myra » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:12 pm

new Robles family member :D

dateyoume
roblest
Looking For: Long Term, Hang Out, Dating, Talk/E-mail, Anything, Other Relationship
Seeking For: Female
Headline: love and lust build good relationship
Ethnicity: Native American
Continent: North America

pics already posted

Hello pretty! How are you doing and how was your night? I'm really new to this online dating tip and I'm here looking to find companionship to start with good friendship first. I just joined yesterday.I signed in this evening to check if I could meet that special woman and was glancing through profiles when I met yours and trust me,you caught my interest and will like to get to know you more! Well, am Tony Robles. You can call me Tony for short. I'm a single widowed man with two children. I am working in the US Army field.I work as a first class in Logistics and I have been in the service for 30 years now and will retire in less than two months so need that special woman I can spend the rest of my life time with when I retire. Well, hope this short message gives you a good start. Waiting to hear back from you too. Have a lovely evening! Well, I may sign off as soon as possible due to the field of my work so you can catch me at roblest55@yahoo.com Just send me a short email and we will keep in touch. Tony xoxo Stay blessed and take very good care of yourself

Icantbelieveit
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Joey Robles - joeyrobles70@yahoo.com

Postby Icantbelieveit » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:18 pm

Unbelievable. I knew there was just something "off" about this guy. Have been talking 3 days and today he started talking about me when I become his wife.

Story is that his ex hacked his bank account and stole his money, so now his accounts are all locked up. He has not yet asked for money, but I see it coming, and soon. I don't have his match.com profile info, but he copies and pastes stuff off the internet into the chat on yahoo. He said he took it down asap after we started chatting because he is "a one woman man."

Unreal - if every in doubt, copy and paste text into google and see what comes up. The best was when I got suspicious and asked him to take a pic with my name in it somewhere - and he did, with a pic I sent him in the background. I am so embarrassed that I fell for it. It looks so real - but am still suspicious, so today I searched for some of his pics on tineye.com and found this website. I have blocked my image and name to protect the innocent here, but did see the same image with someone else's photo in the background - so this guy is good!

e-mail address: joeyrobles@yahoo.com

24 year army vet - due to retire in December 2013
Comes on hot and heavy right away, like he has never met a woman before

Thank you to this website for preventing me from really actually falling for this guy. I was suspicious all along and now I know why. Guess I do have decent dumbass radar after all!

[/url]

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:05 pm

welcome to RS and thanks for update, please stop communicated with him, block him :) :)
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

SuchAnIdiot
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Sgt Sydney Robles

Postby SuchAnIdiot » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:09 pm

I am SUCH an idiot!!!! I had a FEELING something wasn't right. Who professes love after a week????

Sydney.robles@yahoo.com

Just figured out this guy's scam this morning. He said he was stationed in Kabul. Said he had some sort of an attack this morning and lost a lot of his "stuffs" in the attack. That's when he asked me:
7:15:58 AM
sydney.robles: I need a little favour from you though ...

IM Nov 16, 2013 7:27:42 AM

7:16:03 AM
sydney.robles: if you wouldnt be bothered ..

7:16:42 AM
sydney.robles: i needed some items

7:18:35 AM
sydney.robles: shower gel ,Deodorant .a pair of Jordans for workout,Pomade, White T shirts and a cell phone..so i could contact you anytime ..would love to talk on phone which would be much easier ..
At which point I laughed and wanted to punch myself in the face for wasting two weeks on this guy! Ugh. Jordans??? Pomade??? Who the heck asks for Pomade????? He didn't go down without a fight, though. Tried to make me feel as guilty as possible for doubting him.

Should have known it was too good to be true. Yep....who's an idiot?? This girl!!!! lol

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:44 am

welcome to Forum and please dont called your self Idiot coz you not. you search on him and hit here is a proof you not like that. you not alone in this case :)
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

womensintuitionrules
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby womensintuitionrules » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:27 pm

Yup - he chatted me up for 2 hours on match.com chat and then yahoo chat (which I installed to talk to him - broke a cardinal rule about not talking off match.com the first connection).

"Joey Robles"

Luckily, I wasn't saying much because he was just saying a lot - though I feel creeped out because I did let him view some pictures so my pictures are probably now being used by him/her for some other scam. (Just now thought about that). I wish yahoo had to get your ok to let them save them.

Anyhow...he kept sending emails and asking for my phone number and I was feeling just like it was a bit "off" - he never asked for anything at that point, except for me to "hide" my profile- which was weird after 2 hours. I thought at first it might be some lonely guy trying to get me to cyber because he asked me to use my webcam and I lied and said I didn't have one.

I'm glad I felt enough "off" about it to just tell him I wasn't interested after I check with AKO via some of my military friends and his story just did not add up. Being a former military wife it was starting to not add up about an hour into it...but I'm overly paranoid so I just ignored it and kept it general.

I haven't talked to him in several weeks but it has bugged me that long to know if he really was a scammer so I thought I'd check on FB to see if he had a profile - and he does....he has a FB page and a whole log more if you google search his image https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:A ... 1Y_1tlSOcg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The trick in life isn't getting what you want, it's wanting it after you get it" ~Katherine Hepburn in "Love Affair"

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:06 am

Please add "his" emailaddress and fake US phone number used in the scam :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

womensintuitionrules
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby womensintuitionrules » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:48 am

I never gave him my phone number or real name - he just had my yahoo handle (and I may have linked him to a FlickR photo of mine, but not sure I told him it was my account -just showed him a picture of Naples, FL -which him not knowing where Naples was as a military person was one of the first things that made me wonder). The other big red flag is - why the hell at 48 is he JUST an E-5 in the Army? They pick up rank faster than any branch - so either 1) he's lying or 2) he's a dumbass always getting in trouble (just a tip for you ladies not familiar with the military). Also, getting ready to retire at 48? That means either 1) he joined at 25-28 or 2) He spent most of his time in the reserves or NG or 3) he's lying. (notice he didn't even answer the AD vs. NG question as he likely didn't understand those abbreviations and by design I didn't spell it out for him because I was already questioning him).

He could possibly link to my photography business from my Flickr, but my number isn't there either - just a contact form. Same with my photography FB page - no real name or phone number. I just take business by referrals.

However, he said his name was Joey Robles and he was 48 - like the other girl, he was in Agahn - said he grew up in Germany mostly as a military brat.

Email address joeyrobles701@yahoo.com

And of course his emails had really bad grammar and luckily I'm kind of picky when it comes to someone who can actually communicate - so I was already doubting him about that before I ever thought he was full of it.

I was very generic when I told him about me - just vague generalities.

After my email exchange below (the only string we had), he never emailed back - I ignored his last (because it was sounding more like BS and his lack of basic grammar was annoying, to say the least). He never pursued me after that last email I ignored. I understand in casual emails it doesn't have to be as formal as professional emails, but dear God you are trying to impress me in the first few emails, at least make an effort. (not that my grammar was perfect, I'm sure there were typos) I would have just dropped it and not looked him up further, but something made me think he was scamming women and I felt like I should warn someone. I did report his FB profiles (multiple) to Facebook as fake profiles. (that was before I read this forum)
Date: January 6, 2014 at 3:21:02 PM CST
To: *****@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Good Morning
Reply-To: Joey Robles <joeyrobles701@yahoo.com>

Hi,
I hope you have a wonderful day at work. I want to answer your basic questions. I have 4 bedrooms home in Bedford, Texas. I based in Fort Hood. I don't have a lot of friends in the area. I am planning to set up my own business after my retirement and also travel with that special someone to tour the world. I want to open Cheesecake Factory, Jewelry & Wine shop. Feel free to ask me any question. I have to end it here and hope we can chat later. Take good care of yourself and be safe
Kisses and Hugs. Joey xoxox

On Monday, January 6, 2014 5:01 PM, ****@yahoo.com> wrote:
Good morning!

I probably won't be on line all day today... It's very difficult for me to get on line much during the week as I have a very busy/demanding job. Unfortunately during the week it will have to be just emails for the most part. If I get a chance when I get home in the evenings I will get on.

I hope life is not too busy for you over there and you are staying warm.

I do want to get to know more about you and who you are, after all it's hard to get to know who someone really is by just talking about what we want out of life. So, since all we have is email, maybe we can get to know each other by asking questions. I think one conversation, as nice as it was, is too soon to see if we want to commit to each other. I'm pretty cautious like that when making a life choice you should know it is the right one.

A few basic questions... When you are in the states, where is your home base? Are you AD or NG? If you are NG what is your "day job"? Do you have a lot of friends in the area? What are you planning on doing in retirement?

I have thought a lot and in an abundance of caution, I think we should slow down and get to know each other more than superficial things before jumping into saying "you're the one" after all we chatted for only a few hours and don't really know much about each other. You are in a place that magnifies your "aloneness". The last thing I want to do is for either of us to get hurt and I can't say to you in all honesty I feel strong enough from one chat to promise anything. Can you tell me more about you?

If at any time either of us feels it's not right I want us to be honest ok? No, I'm not talking to anyone else, but we both paid for a service so we could find "the one" and I think we need to make sure we find "the one" and not jump at the first good conversation. Please don't take that wrong, I do want to continue to talk to you and get to know you.

I have to run and get ready for work... I will write more later.

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 6, 2014, at 2:03 AM, Joey Robles <joeyrobles701@yahoo.com> wrote:

Good Morning, God smiled at me just this morning via the rising sun rays. I'm sharing the same courtesy with you by sending you a warm smile that your heart can feel even without seeing. I don't know where to start from , but one thing i have realized is that i had a very beautiful sleep and sweet conversation with you yesterday. it was really nice talking to you, you were such a sweet person to me and i really appreciate you making my night, i am doing fine and what else could i have done but to start a very good morning with you so mind refreshing . how are you doing ? i suppose that you are doing good and alright . did you had a good night sleep too , i bet just as much as i want to know you, you do want to know me too. you are a very nice person and that is a plus in your favor by the way........?Could you do me a favor? Put your left hand over your right shoulder then your right hand to your left shoulder. There! I've just given you a morning hug.Every morning has a new beginning, a new blessing, a new hope. It's a perfect day coz it's God's gift. Have a blessed, hopeful perfect day to begin with. Good day...
Have a productive day!.And i will be online for you today again.
Take care.Hugs and Kisses
Bye Joey :)
"The trick in life isn't getting what you want, it's wanting it after you get it" ~Katherine Hepburn in "Love Affair"

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:54 am

Excellent :)
(By number I meant "fake US number used for texting" - this has become a standard in Nigerian scammers´ "toolkit" and online phonebooks still do not reflect this very recent trend. But your one had no number anyway.)

If you are interested in a bit research, you could post an email header from an email from him (or more than one): http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 74&t=10910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Header result would be Nigeria, Ghana - or a listed (=scam-abused known) proxy as to the email writer´s location.

womensintuitionrules
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby womensintuitionrules » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:08 am

I don't know if it will help, because I deleted his emails -the only reason I saved the above email is because I sent it to a friend at the FBI that does computer fraud LOL (I told you I'm a paranoid bitch :twisted: ) most of it will be my header, I believe, because it's a reply. But if you think it will help, I will post the header from my reply to him... (my only reply where I think I started asking too many questions for him, well, really for my friend to check him out).

I did have a bad on line dating experience 12 years ago - my fiance had three other fiances in three other states - but now reading some of these stories - at least the only thing I temporarily lost was my dignity. However, I gained a healthy bit of skepticism and paranoia :D (or maybe not so healthy since I haven't dated for the most part in that long lol) :cry:

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:12 am

Never mind the headers then (the emails YOU sent do not work, and are not important in this context, the one the scammer sent is important since they send the same texts to dozens of recipients every day) :) just please understand, unlike your previous bad experience, these scams here including your military scam (the sites are full with them) are all done by Nigerian gangs, for massmailed money requests as their only purpose, it´s the way of organized gangs to make easy money by fraud. Actually a multi million dollar "business" there.

womensintuitionrules
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby womensintuitionrules » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:26 am

Understood - and I feel bad for others.

I work in executive liability, which is why I know some of the people I know (and the other reason I'm paranoid). I know that these criminals (whether muggers, kidnappers, con artists, identity thefts, etc.) start out with multiple "marks" and immediately start narrowing down their targets based on the ease of the target (usually because people do chose to ignore their sixth sense or other doubts).

As you've said, they pick up phrases, etc. and work quickly - often before people know what hit them. It's tough. My only point was, I'm not criticizing anyone that lost money - I was an idiot and fell for a 'scammer' myself long ago- his goal just happened to be power. :(

The power of all of our "sixth senses" should never be ignored...after all - it brought us all here, right? :)

womensintuitionrules
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby womensintuitionrules » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:24 am

I've been mulling around these threads (all the pictures) and the other great information on here for over an hour - it's almost overwhelming - so many pictures...so many lies.

How do you even keep up? And do these scammers just have a database of these pictures they use over and over? Dumb - you'd think after six months or so they'd refresh their database and give these poor people a rest.

I'm still fearful that they may use the few pictures I sent them and those may one day end up on one of these threads as pictures used by scammers :cry: But, nothing I can do now.

Thank you, for all you all do - I'm a little bit smarter now, to go with my paranoia.

Bettyflintstone
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Bettyflintstone » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:44 am

I have the same fellow using the name of James Kriss. His yahoo ID is jameskriss277

He sent me several pictures, but using photo sharing, not via email, and I didn't think anything was wrong, so I didn't keep copies

I have seen all of his pictures in other posts, and he sent me one showing a right leg with staples along the thigh, telling me it was a bombing.

He also told me his commanders name was Dave Robles.

At the same time, I recited an IM from someone named chris_robles76 lol. When I asked him if he knew James or Dave, he said no. So I asked for a picture, and I got 4 of some other poor soul :(

I wished I'd gotten more information, but my story is the same as those who have come before.

I feel pretty stupid..

Return to “Military scams”