It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:18 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

What the REAL owners of the pictures say

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: What the REAL owners of the pictures say

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Christoph N.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:54 pm
Hi there!

I recently found out that my pictures are abused at least by this guy who calls himself Richard Green. Who can't even clarify where he comes from. Well, to check somebody's reall look it would be the easiest way to ask him to open a chat with web-cam. Then you could easily see that he is not who he pretends to be. And don't accept excuses. Of course he won't open a cam for you and show up with his real face clearly to see. So you konw that it's better not to get into contact with him.
Who is really on the photos (except that of the child) is me. I am Christoph N. from Austria. I am 46 years old. You can easily check that.
I wish you a safe communication and not to fall into a trap!
Greetings,
Chris

PS: You can also ask him to send you those (and other) photos in the full size. He won't have them.
Here you can see one of my more recent pic. I hope you can recognize me as the same as on the other pics.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:20 pm

Elevenchild

Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:25 pm
Hi! That is me in the photos, I am a 22 year old girl who lives in Norway, and I didn't write any of those emails that are cited in this thread. I am not russian, and I am not looking for relationships online. All pictures are stolen from my personal blog at http://www.elvenchild.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Here is a proof-picture that I once made:

Thanks to the people who contacted me on facebook to tell me about this. Websites like this are valuable resources for fighting identity theft.

Identity theft like this is punishable by norwegian law, by both fines and prison: http://www.regjeringen.no/nb/dep/jd/dok" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ?id=449942
What can I do next?
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:00 pm

Stan Morris topic

Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:17 am
None of those people are real. I found this site when I did a reverse google pic search on a picture of me just for grins. All of those were lifted from a modeling site. The scammer had better luck with them than I did - I never got replies on match :)

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Chris Kaltwasser

Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:42 pm
We do know the person who's photo he's using...it's mine. We also know what name he is using...it's mine, at least when he calls himself Chris Kaltwasser. I know he has an IP address in Nigeria, but I don't know if he's using a masking program.
A number of people have contacted me through facebook wondering if I was the same person. After some digging, I found out the multiple sites and identities that were using my photos. About the only recourse I have is to cite copyright infringement for him using my photos which is my intellectual property. It's fairly effective at removing the profiles as I find them, but in that lies the problem. I usually don't find them until months have already passed.

So far, the story that he typically uses involves women sending him money to help him leave iraq...as if he needs to pay to get on a flight. If he is/was deployed to iraq or afghanistan...or any other combat zone, why would he need money to get home? EVEN while taking leave, the flight is paid for. I understand that not everyone knows this, clearly he is attempting to tug on the heartstrings of good people.

I am noticing his written english seems to be improving...which makes it increasingly difficult for people to realize he is scamming them.

Thanks for staying vigilant!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:47 am

randxxx

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:59 am
Hey i must admit that it really cracked me up when i saw my pictures on this site, i had to stop using okcupid for a while, i sent the email which my therapist that got me on okcupid put up for me, i was talking to an identity theif, who has been using my information, i tried to figure out who it is, but i really can't figure it out, i guess the person got my infos and started using it, i have been looking for ways to help get the thread off because it wasn't me who those women were talking about, its really saddening how people can try to mess your name up with something like this, so i am calling to the board of this website to try to help me out, because i have no idea who it is that used my identity to trick women for money, because now it's ruining my chances of meeting people on the site.

Thank you.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:37 pm

Maj. Chris Haggart

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:17 pm
I am the real Haggard whose images are being used in these scams. I am the one on the left of the Iraqi Soldier (blue uniform); that picture was taken in East Baghdad, Iraq (Summer 2008). The solo picture was taken on the Udari Small Arms Range in Kuwait (Dec 2007). The group picture I do not remember/recognize. I have never been to Afghanistan.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:08 pm
I am the real MAJ Chris Haggard and below is a copy of the note I posted on my Facebook page the Joe Gould mentions in his Military Times article. The easiest and quickest way to identify a scammer posing as a Soldier is to ask for an e-mail from his official US Army e-mail account (the domain name is @us.army.mil). If he refuses or says he cannot do this, he is a scammer.

Okay, I have not been on Facebook for many, many months now for various reasons; however, recent events have brought a new purpose to my Facebook page. Some of you may be aware that my image, name and duty in the Army have been used by criminals in Africa to scam unsuspecting women out of money and expensive electronics. During my last deployment to Baghdad in 2008, I would send digital photos to Angie and she would post them on her Facebook and/or MySpace pages. These African criminals would “steal” the photos and make up alternate identities bases on my last name, rank and Army service. These “alternate Haggards” would gain the target’s trust and then lay a huge sympathy play on them to steal money or high-dollar value items (cell phones, laptops, plan tickets, etc).

I was first made aware of this in the summer of 2009 when a Special Agent from the Fort Drum, NY Criminal Investigation Division office called me (one of the stolen photos showed the 10th Mountain Division patch). There is not anything I can do to stop this from continuing except to educate those who may be susceptible to this.

A few things things to look for in a military scam:

1. The e-mails are written with improper verb conjugation, improper use of pronouns, improper noun/verb agreement and miss-spelled words. It is fairly obvious that these e-mails were written by someone who learned English (very poorly learned) as a second language in the British style.

2. Deployed Soldiers are compensated very well with special pays, bonuses and tax exemptions. It is not uncommon for a Soldier of any rank to realize a “third paycheck” when they are deployed. And a Soldier always has access to his/her money in one way or another. How can these scammers have access to the internet to troll dating sites looking for targets but, cannot use the internet to purchase the items they are asking for themselves.

3. Also, in regards to money, there are very few places for a Soldier to spend their money while deployed in Iraq or Afghanistan. A Soldier maybe broke before or after a deployment but, a Soldier is usually pretty flush while deployed. Except, of course, if he spends all his money on the internet.

4. With regards to family emergencies, all Soldiers and family members know to contact the American Red Cross if a deployed Soldier has a family emergency at home. A Red Cross Message is the only way a deployed Soldier will return in cases of a family emergency. The Soldier’s chain of command will get the Soldier home if a valid Red Cross Message is received. The Army will provide transportation from Iraq or Afghanistan to Atlanta or Dallas; from there, the Soldier must provide his/her own transportation (just as if the Solder we not deployed). If the Soldier cannot afford a plane ticket from Atlanta or Dallas to their hometown, the Army Emergency Relief will provide the funds, as a grant or loan, to purchase the ticket. And this will all be coordinated before the Solder leaves his unit; a Soldier will only be stranded if he/she does something stupid.

5. If you are still unsure if you are being scammed, ask the Soldier to send you an e-mail from their AKO account. Only Solders, a very few family members, and certain contractors have @us.army.mil e-mail address. If they refuse, tell them to take a flying leap! If they get angry with you and accuse you of not trusting them, tell them to take a flying leap!

Bottom line, NEVER send a deployed Soldier money or high-dollar value items, especially if it is to be sent to an address anywhere in Africa. All deployed Soldiers have an APO AE or APO AP mailing address. I cannot provide you with any information regarding a specific name or Soldier but, I can and will tell you if the person you are in contact with has an AKO e-mail address (just don’t ask me for it).

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 pm

John Shiffler topic

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:52 pm
YUP MR. JOHN SHIFFLER PRETENDING TO BE A SOLDIER.... YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE HUMAN RACE FOR PRETENDING TO BE SOMEONE YOUR NOT!!! I'VE BEEN REPORTING PPL FOR STEALING MY PICS FROM MY OLD MYSPACE PAGE FOR MONTHS BECAUSE THEY KEEP MAKING FB PAGES PRETENDING TO BE ME... AND THEN I HAVE SOMEONE FIND ME ON FB AND TELL ME ABOUT THIS SITE... I HAVE MY OLD COMMANDER LOOKING INTO THIS AND HOPE YOU ARE FOUND!!! AND TO EVERYONE INTERESTED IN THIS CREEP PRETENDING TO BE SOMEONE HE'S NOT.... HE'S PROBABLY ONE OF THEM SCAMMERS TRYING TO GET MONEY LIKE THE PERSON WHO CONTACTED ME ON FB TOLD ME ABOUT... TY FOR YOUR TIME...

SPC CHAD SHIFFLER
USAR, MOTOR TRANS (88M1O)

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:20 am

randxxx

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:59 pm
Hey i must admit that it really cracked me up when i saw my pictures on this site, i had to stop using okcupid for a while, i sent the email which my therapist that got me on okcupid put up for me, i was talking to an identity theif, who has been using my information, i tried to figure out who it is, but i really can't figure it out, i guess the person got my infos and started using it, i have been looking for ways to help get the thread off because it wasn't me who those women were talking about, its really saddening how people can try to mess your name up with something like this, so i am calling to the board of this website to try to help me out, because i have no idea who it is that used my identity to trick women for money, because now it's ruining my chances of meeting people on the site.

Thank you.

Baby2012
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Baby2012 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:05 am

##################################
Over the years we have talked to a remarkable number of people who are the real persons that are shown in the photos and videos stolen and abused by a mass of Nigerian and Russian scammers. Due to the nature of a forum, they are scattered across the board and hard to find now. Following an impromptu idea from this evening, I´m going to collect these posts here, everybody feel free to help me add them here as you find them, to give new readers and victims a little bit of insight what the real people in the pictures think of scammers, and of victims looking for them.

This is mainly to illustrate why we discourage looking for and contacting the real persons in the pictures. Just besides you might also get an idea of the victim- and non-rulereader-caused complaints we get to deal with. More than that, however, I´d like this to demonstrate that identity theft victims are victims of these Nigerian scammers as much as you are, and I hope this (again, hard-to-swallow) drop of medicine might help you readers on your way out of the scam.

Some are not the people but their wives, or close relatives, and in case of models, their responsible site admins.
All of these people have been verified as real, and not scammers - yet please do not contact them, they have all had their fair share of trouble to bear from Nigerian scammers themselves.

Highlighting was done by me. The rest is quoted from their actual forum posts, verbatim. F.

###################################

BRAVO!! This is commendable!!! please let the true owner of the pics used by scammers get involved in this site. together we might not get rid of the scammers but we can let them know our awareness of their scamming activities. True owner of the pictures shouldnt be bent out of shape from victims of scammers and vice versa instead should be cooperative with one another. I did wrote a message to the true owner of the pic of my scammer not to accuse him of the crime but out of concerned to his identity being stolen and exploited, hence, I wrote him a message to his FB account informing him the criminal activities involving his picture. My message to him was professionally conveyed with respect and concern. It was very informative, respectful and no malice nor hidden agenda at all...Unfortunately, Despite I am a victim too, I did not get any sympathy from the true owner of the pic but rather my effort to keep him inform fall to deaf ears and he blocked me from his fb treating me like I am the culprit....that's sad...All I ever wanted is to let him know and for him to be aware about this criminial activities involving his picture....

This is a superb idea to have forum here from true owner or at least a post from the true owner and victims..please continue this!!!! thnx...

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:25 am

Oh a few victims even understand what we do, and link to "their" RS topic from their FB/business/whatever site.

But most do not appreciate being contacted by strangers = internet women/men confessing their love or pity. After the tenth they get unresponsive.

I´m afraid people actively HELPING against scams are maybe 0.1% of the members of this site, who do 90% of all posts.

I needed years to learn that victims per se are bad scamfighters.

Even those that are exuberant with true gratefulness for having found the truth about scams, when I ask them would you mind helping a single other victim, they are gone before the week is over.

I do not take it against them.

Just please expect nothing from the real pic owners.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:45 am

Elenal Orlova topic

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:51 am
Hello everyone.
I'm Nadezhda. the real person on photos. I don't know how to stop these scammers.
I'm married and happy!
Please just do not beleive scammers! Don't waste your money!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:29 am

Joshua Jenkins

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:51 am
I wanted to let all of y'all know, I am the wife of the real Joshua Jenkins, the Army soldier whose photos were stolen to create this false account that led every one to believe "Kyle" was real. If asked I can, and will gladly provide proof that he, I, and we are VERY real. I would like for EVERYONE to be aware that, as a Army soldier, this type of identity theft is very real, very serious, and very detrimental to their career. Scams such as this, where a soldier's identity is manipulated for personal gains, can hurt the soldiers career development in the long run. Luckily for us, for now, this is not the case. His CO's have not caught wind of this issue. I implore of you all, please, send me any information linking to this fake profile or others containing my husband's information or photos -- especially that of his daughter. She is very much a minor child and loved by us both, even though she's only my step-daughter. Please, help us remove this lunatic. I will provide my personal email address to anyone who asks of it, along with photos proving our identities if needed!! THIS IS A SERIOUS SECURITY RISK FOR MY HUSBAND! As a military wife, and Colonel's daughter, I know what legalities my Husband could face, not to mention our family! Please, please help us!!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:27 am

John Costella

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:54 am
Thanks, people, for catching these ones. It's happened at least once before (reported on another scam revealing site) but I seem to be more of a target at the moment because of where I now work.

Great job! Please feel free to refer to my genuine details (through johncostella.com) or contact me (xxx) if you are having trouble with any of these scammers, or if you would like my help or support in getting their fake accounts removed from any sites.

Cheers,
John Costella

Now this is a very nice change from the usual lines :) :) Normally no one thanks us.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:58 am

Fred Donald topic

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:15 am
BE CAREFUL WITH FRED DONALD
This person is a FAKE man !!!!
I'M A REAL MAN FROM THESE PICTURES, i'm french and somebody contact me to be careful, because somepeople stole and use my pics for this website !
So, don't trust him, it's a TRAP !!!!
:evil: :twisted:
I can prove what I say

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:03 am

Ann Angel topic

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:59 am

Hi guys. It's me Anna from annangelxxx.com. I saw this and I feel strongly that I need to speak out to protect anyone else from falling victim to this. I want to say I'm very sorry that this happened to you guys! We are both victims to this. These people have all but destroyed my good name and I'm so angry and upset about it all. They operate in Ghana which is very difficult to attack through legal measures so its very difficult to stop. Best thing I can do is be out there and let people know that yes this is a scam and this is not me! They are stealing pics and video clips from my site ann-angel.com (my new site is annangelxxx.com).

A simple tip on how you can tell if a video feed is fake? If there is no audio chances are its fake! I perform cam shows on my new site annangelxxx.com and I only use real time audio never type. If you ask the girl on the other end a question, using audio, she will answer you in real time! If she can't then its fake! All video feeds have ability to use audio. Next time ask the girl to say your name or a phrase back to you. A recorded feed can't answer you in real time!

If you want please come by my site annangelxxx.com and click on free cams. When I'm scheduled to go on you will see my profile appear there. Or just check my site and you'll find a new schedule every few weeks. You can come chat and tell me your story. Maybe I can at least provide some comfort and closure. I would love to hear your story.

For anyone else. I never go on dating sites. I never contact anyone on Skype or other messengers. I only have my site and my twitter account @theannangel. Anyone who claims to be me from any other site is a fraud! Be careful and be safe guys. I'm sorry to hear what you went trough.

Return to “Support and Advice.”