It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:42 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Jennifer Martinez - jennifermartinez797@yahoo.com

African scammers posing as white women.
marchatesscammers
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby marchatesscammers » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:23 am

This has been going on for a year. If ANYONE can provide additional information to show my dad to snap him out of it, it will be greatly appreciated. This asshole scammer is draining my dad of his funds and causing rifts in the family. He's in DEEP and won't listen to ANYONE. Not his children or people from church. He's 77. It's obvious as hell to us (his kids) but not to him. This isn't the first time either. I was able to convince him the last person WAS a scammer and magically, this person is real to him. Once again, please help. I've done reverse image searches, name searches, and can't find anything on this fake person. I will attach a pic when I go to his house because he has her picture framed! OMG. He keeps his phone under fingerprint password so we can't get in it and he's real secretive now that he knows we're against it. Yes, I understand he's elderly, lonely, and needs the attention, but I just want to put a stop to this. He never has money now yet he claims he's not sending it to her (the scammer).

Scammers Details:
- Jennifer Martinez
- Latina Female 36 years old. Never married.
- Went through bad breakup, went to Nigeria to get away.
- The email address is first name, last name, 3 digit number. (Classic scammer email address) --->> jennifermartinez797@yahoo.com
- Only texts. Types perfect english.
- Works for a man who refused to pay her
- Stuck in Lagos, Nigeria in hotel, showed up to Nigeria with female "friend" who has now abandon her because she found a boyfriend.
- Being held against her will until she pays for hotel
- Went to country illegally now can't get out because of lack of paperwork
- Says hotel clerk is in on the scam/imprisonment
- Tells my dad the internet in Africa is different that's why she can't do video, calls.
- Of course, she can never leave. Always a reason.

Sponsor

Sponsor

maxxx
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Need Help Convincing My Dad He's Being Scammed

Postby maxxx » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:55 am

hi there,
Im new to this site, came across it when I used tin eye to check a photo.
man there are so many scammers out there. Its useless posting on CL or answering an ad as they are almost all scams Ifind it difficult people are gulible enough to buy into this and would like to help them
i find it increadibly easy realizing a scam if not from their first post but from the return email I really cant believe how many people get conned and Im not being mean just surprised and feel terrible for them Gosh id love to meet someone that wanted to share all their money but couldnt do it just out of my regular integrity could not if anyone asked me for a dime and I had never met them I would never email them again. people with big hearts and feel lonely I guess. its unfortunate because these are the people that our society needs more of. wish I could help them. If my father or mother fell for such a scam I would be livid.

marchatesscammers
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby marchatesscammers » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:00 am

Well yea, then you can imagine how I feel.

maxxx
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby maxxx » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:04 am

Thats unbelievable. I feel terrible for you and your Dad. the first clue is Nigeria. I read the first couple of lines and smelled scam. I would speak to a psych.. and see what could be done for him. Thats like breaking a junky from heroin I would think.he needs some real help and he is not going to believe anyone. He fell in love with something in his mind and that circuit needs to be broken and new info inserted. wish you my best.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:51 pm

maxxx

We are very sorry to hear that. Please post all information you have : email address, phone number, SKYPE ID , stolen pictures so we can find the correct tread and other fake profiles and maybe this would help to convince your dad that he is dealing with male criminals from Nigerian internet cafe.
We know it is harder to convince an brainwashed person that is being fool then actually fool the person. Please keep paling the evidence because only this can help him to step out of the fog. In the meantime please notify a WU and MG about scam so they will stop the transfers. We hope dad is not receiving their countrified checks and clear them? That is federal offence and mules get convicted. Scammers often ask older victims to do it as they know older people have retirement saving at bank. Good luck to you both!
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Wingman182
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Wingman182 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:04 pm

Hello marchates and maxx. First off I would like to welcome you both to R.S. And I hope the both of you take full advantage of the tools and resources this site has to offer.

To marchates I am sorry that your father is caught up within a romance scam. And I feel for your frustration about trying to get through to him. Though I must admit I am a bit surprised that he would allow himself to fall for this a second time after his first experience. And I can not also help but feel (and this is only my opinion) that your father is not just under the spell of illusion a romance scam crates. But it looks to me that he may believe he is truly going to live out an older mans fantasy.
The same could have been said about me just not to this extreme. I was 46 when my scam began and she/he/it was supposed to have be a 28 yr old God fearing woman looking for a better caliber of man and a better quality of life in which to start and raise a family with.
That said however loneliness and the need for companionship are very powerful and driving forces. And scammers are extremely good at using those to every advantage they can on top of the psychological skills they are trained with.
Something else. Because of what I had just said know this. During a scam there is a type of brainwashing that takes place with a victim. Your father is not acting like himself because the scammer has altered his thinking processes and his priorities. And unfortunately the longer he remains under the spell the harder it is going to be to get through to him. Worse the longer this goes on the harder the fall will be later.
I know it's going to be hard but try and not be too harsh on him for he really is not himself at the moment.

To maxx yes the first contact messages and basic stats can be seen as having huge red flags to those who can spot them right away. And to those who learn what to look for after being burned.
But what you don't know is that scammers work in teams. After first contact has taken place the victim is handed off to another scammer who has been well trained in psychology. Many of them have even earned their degrees in the subject. And they use these skill to manipulate victims without the victim realizing what is happening to them. And once the hook is set the victim is now under the scammers spell of influence.

Maxx
Thats like breaking a junky from heroin I would think.he needs some real help and he is not going to believe anyone.
Your closer to the truth then you know. I have already described this thought in more detail in the thread link bellow.
Hopefully it will give you and marchates a little more clarity on how a scammers spell and an addiction are so closely similar.

How to convince someone they are being scammed?
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 4&start=15
Wingman182 Pay It Forward

marchatesscammers
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby marchatesscammers » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:30 am

The name is Marc by the way. I FOUND HER PICTURES (the ones the scammer is using). I've done reverse image searches on both and came up empty but feel free to do it again. And please add these photos to photos that scamemrs are using for me. I can't have my name tied to it or he won't believe me when I show him. If anyone has seen this girl before, please let me know and give me the links to where her pictures can be found so I can show my dad and stop this bullshit nonsense once and for all.

marchatesscammers
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby marchatesscammers » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:03 am

Here's more pictures. It's Jennifer Vera Martinez btw so if anyone can find out who this person really is that would be great.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:33 am

Clone here:

hotornot.com/profile/0516601230
Jennifer martinez , 30
Location Florence, SC
Wants to date with guys, older than 40

Please post email address and phone number. Thank you
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

marchatesscammers
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby marchatesscammers » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:38 am

Igulinka, thank you so much! Definitely helps! I'm sending him all of these fake profiles I'm finding to prove to him it's fake.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:52 am

- The email address is first name, last name, 3 digit number. (Classic scammer email address)
Please post the email address. The quoted info helps no one :(

marchatesscammers
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby marchatesscammers » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:15 am

Here's the email address: jennifermartinez797@yahoo.com

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Jennifer Martinez - jennifermartinez797@yahoo.com

Postby Igulinka » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:40 pm

Email leads to B.

badoo.com/profile/0516599322
Jennifer martinez , 29
Location Ilesa, Osun, Nigeria

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Jennifer Martinez - jennifermartinez797@yahoo.com

Postby Myra » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:36 pm

hotornot.com/profile/0516601230
same pic as in previous post

Jennifer martinez
Florence, SC, USA ---> must have moved from Nigeria to the US, hopefully legally
otherwise we might soon see a wall rising along the East Coast :D

Return to “White Females”