It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:34 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
RESEARCH SCAMMERS BY NAME
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

RESEARCH SCAMMERS BY EMAIL

Is what this lady wants me to do illegal?

Discussion of scam and scambaiting NOT related to any particular scammer
paultheuglydog
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby paultheuglydog » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:31 pm

She is going to send me a 300 dollar credit card and have me buy her a 300 dollar shopping card. Since she is using her own money I don't care to do it for her. I just don't understand why she would want me to do that. Also she wants me to open a bank account for her. To open the bank account is only 25 dollars so that's all the money I'm going to put in the bank account. I don't understand why she can't just open her own bank account. Is she wanting me to do something illegal

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Is what this lady wants me to do illegal?

Postby Igulinka » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:24 pm

First of all the lady is not a lady but BUNCH of WEST AFRICAN MEN, a gang which is looking for fool and uneducated about scams people to launder the money as well as receive and reship stolen goods for them.

Doesn't matter if you open bank account for them and you put only $25. It will be your bank account not their and all the funds deposited from other (stolen from other innocent people) bank accounts and laundered will be under your name and your responsibility. Eventually West African scammers will never get caught but you will be and also you may be the person which could spend up to 25 years.

Best advice is to cut the relationships on the spot, do not confront them and report all info here, so no one else will get scammed.

Below is information regarding re-shipping scams and consequences.

Online criminal groups have gone to great lengths to recruit mules in recent years. Social networks like Facebook, MySpace and Twitter have all been used to recruit individuals willing to let their bank account be used to receive a transfer from an illegal account, then forward it along. In turn, the FBI has said that it was going to be stepping up efforts to crack down on money mules.
Alternatively the ‘mule’ may be asked to receive goods, purchased online through fraudulently obtained funds, and requested to forward these on to an overseas address. A promised payment may sometimes be arranged, however in most romance scam related cases, promises of a new life together often substitute any monetary gain for the victim.
Have you met someone online that has asked you to receive funds or goods on their behalf? Quite simply, this is money laundering and any individual assisting these criminals can be prosecuted and have their whole bank account frozen. A conviction for an offence of money laundering may carry a penalty of up to 20 years imprisonment.
If you have received money in your bank account, or have received and/or forwarded goods under these circumstances, please immediately report the incident to your bank and your local police station.
· For more information about reshipping
and other fraud, visit our website at
http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/ (Safe Link)
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

paultheuglydog
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby paultheuglydog » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:14 pm

Ok. On Facebook she goes by the name Bri Plumbly. The phone number she texts me from is
+15625434783. I thought that I blocked her last night but today she told me that she was going to report me because she says that she sent me a credit card. The credit card hasn't come in the mail yet so I told her that when it gets here I'll just write on the envelope return to sender. She told me that isn't how it works. So I told her that I would tear the credit card up and send her a picture of it so she knows that I didn't steal her money.

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:08 am

........ I thought that I blocked her last night but today she told me that she was going to report me because she says that she sent me a credit card. The credit card hasn't come in the mail yet so I told her that when it gets here I'll just write on the envelope return to sender. She told me that isn't how it works. So I told her that I would tear the credit card up and send her a picture of it so she knows that I didn't steal her money.
..... it seems you didn't got the Point what Igulinka told you. The Situation is serious for you. You deal with criminals and not with funny Teenagers. This Gangs are well organized. They've already start the first Level coz they told you that they'll report you. This can turn into Nightmares for you.
You want to send the CC back?????? Who told you that the address is valid? In this moment where you've the CC in your hand, you're in the Trap of this Criminals.

She told me that isn't how it works. ......... thats the next Level. For me ring already all Alarm bells and I can imagine how it could end up. Don't believe that it is enough "I would tear the credit card up and send her a picture of it so she knows that I didn't steal her money."

..... all things which you'll do for her and have to do with CC or Bank account .... its Money laundry and you're responsible and guilty on the end. How Igulinka said, when you have Information and Details, first right this CC, take it and make report by the Police. Maybe they can help you, when not, atleast you've Peace of mind for yourself coz you know you've done something and you must not worry what comes next from them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

Return to “General discussion”