It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Nigerians vs Russians

If you want to know the opinion of our visitors, create your poll. Please don't submit scammers here!

have you been scammed, or attempted to be scammed by Russians or Nigerians?

Russians
5%
Nigerians
57%
Other
7%
both
27%
none
4%

Total votes: 103

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Nigerians vs Russians

Postby Marisa » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:13 am

have you been scammed, or attempted to be scammed by Russians or Nigerians?
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Nigerians vs Russians

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Want to Know the Truth
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Scammed and attempted scam

Postby Want to Know the Truth » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:00 pm

My first scammer asked for money 3 different times. The last time I knew I was losing him (never had him to start with) because I didn't have any money. Had I had any money I would have given him every dime I had. God showed me the truth about him when I prayed, one more time, "Show me if he is real or fake." I googled his name and his scam, and here he was! So thankful for you guys.
The second scam happened about midway through "my romance" with the first scdammer. I think I finally sent him $400.00 because I felt harrased and didn't like being accused of infidelity. Also---somehow in my mind at the time--- I kind of felt he and the first guy were one and the sme. Mainly because they both called me "Angel" both used colred fonts, threw "kisses" indescriminately, and many times the words in the emails were so similar. That's before I knew about cut and paste. I googled the second one but found nothing, so I sent what info I had of him to this site. Now he is listed here under the info I had last April. I know he's still active but do not know the name he uses and on the sites he never had a picture posted but sent it after he IMed me.
Again, and I can not say it often enough, Thank you for being here.

SeeYouinAccra
Junior Poster
Location: Just moved toWestern Union Siberia, cuz it,s too hot in "Muguland"

Bookmark and Share

Postby SeeYouinAccra » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:45 pm

Ladies, never send money to MEN! Doen,t matter how much you love him !

Want to Know the Truth
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

nothing negative please

Postby Want to Know the Truth » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:35 pm

Please! You do not need to remind us that what we did was not to our own benefit and we have all suffered because of it. We don't need reminders. It's kind of like that old saying "A jackass doesn't trip over the same rock twice."
We're getting through this the best we can with whqat we have. I say it again: "We don't need reminders." We have to live with this daily and get through it as best we can. We appreciate encouragment, but don't need negatism----or however you spell it.

Loch Ness Monster
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: nothing negative please

Postby Loch Ness Monster » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:53 pm

" We don't need reminders! " :eek: :shock:

While it is appreciated that any reminder might bring back the hurt of your own experience this site is not just about you. There are new people viewing this site every day and telling them not to send money is the FIRST and BEST thing we should be telling them.

Want to Know the Truth
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Sorry

Postby Want to Know the Truth » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:01 am

I am very sorry if I offended anyone. This was not my intent. I do know this site is not all about me, and I appreciate that fact. It would be very dull if it were.
I shall be more careful with my words and my judgements.

Kasee11
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Hmm..

Postby Kasee11 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:44 am

I think it is important to be able to see that some take longer to begin the healing process and hence those comments do not mean to be take out of that context... It is so very important that we are reminded even on a daily basis that no one should ever send money or help in any of the numerous ways they ask us to.. This forum is all about becoming educated... but not just on who are the scammers but why and how it can happen to very ordinary people...I have a learned a tremendous amount from everyone here and a good deal of what is posted has helped the healing process a great deal...I am so very happy to see that my first posted scammer report has saved some one else from being scammed..That is one of this forum's finest feeling to give back.. Be well and safe.. everyone

Return to “Voting polls”