It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Did this site save you from being scammed?

If you want to know the opinion of our visitors, create your poll. Please don't submit scammers here!

Did this site save you from being scammed?

yes
67%
no
33%

Total votes: 73

nearlygotdun
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby nearlygotdun » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:21 am

This site has helped me out immensely,I nearly got done,but I found this site purely by accident.So far the scam has cost me the time to read an email each morning and to reply.But I have learnt some valuable leasons.My heart goes out to those who have been caught out,tomorrow is another day.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Moriarty
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Moriarty » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:55 pm

Yes, I believe it did. I think I would have got caught, emotionally if not financially, if I hadn't found my way here.
Don't want no paper gangsta. (Lady Gaga)

Arabian Nights
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Arabian Nights » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:56 pm

i was scammed before this site and the scam stopped once i found this site
and it wasn't only the $ that was saved it was my emotional state and has returned my life to me
Have you GOOGLED today!
POST UP: Site, Profile, Pic, Name, IP, Phone before it is deleted

jeanette
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Did this site save you from being scammed?

Postby jeanette » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:05 pm

really enjoyed chatting with my scammer everyday when suddenly he got into so many trouble: death, company foreclosure, lawsuit, asking for money (what a pity!)--i was having a 50/50 feeling then but i thought i still have to check, meaning i didn't even know this guy so why should i give money? i googled my scammer, found his name there, and luckily google led me here at RS. this very good website really helped me a lot from getting into so much trouble. :)
no money, no honey... avoid being scammed.

didi
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby didi » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:57 pm

It was too late for me. It would not have helped anyway as I was the first that posted those scammers. Maybe I had seen the signs, but I had no idea there was something like romance scamming.
didi

simongilks
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby simongilks » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:42 pm

i knew about this site while i was being scammed but i really didn't think it would happen to me! friends and family warned me that the man/woman i was in touch with might be a scammer so i researched scammers a little and found this site along with a few others. i even exposed a few scammers through this site while i was being scammed! but i refused to believe that i was being scammed myself! :shock:

The Wild Geese
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby The Wild Geese » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:50 pm

I found RS too late. I had no idea regarding this Romance scam. But anyway after I found RS, it opened my eyes and give me the knowledge on how these leeches operates. It was late but better late than never. RS helped me not to be scammed anymore. Thank you RS! :kissing:
Nothing wrong of being an Engr. as long as you are real. :-)

findem
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby findem » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:23 am

OMG Yes! It made all my gut feelings (doubts) very real. He had not approached me yet for money. I would never have given him money, but would've really gotten hurt emotionally (was on my way there). Listen to your gut! Thank you for this website.

Return to “Voting polls”