It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

how did you find this site?

If you want to know the opinion of our visitors, create your poll. Please don't submit scammers here!

how did you find this site?

through a search engine, entering my scammer's info
30%
through a search engine, searching for the general info on scams
36%
through a link from another site / board
17%
from a friend
8%
other
9%

Total votes: 141

On A Mission
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: how did you find this site?

Postby On A Mission » Fri May 14, 2010 10:21 am

I do not remember exactly how I wound up here in a early 2009. My friend was being scammed and he had quite a hold on her and we had no knowledge of Romance Scams until that point. I do remember that I started searching for information about this guy because about the 2nd week of communication it appeared that we were talking to more than one person (he would talk to me in the morning while she was going to work). I had found a few sites and had sent questions and got replies that they were busy and would get back to me at a later time or no reply at all. When I got here, the site was easy to understand and many people were here to help right away. At the time it was like an emergency because her scammer had her sort of convinced that I was jealous and wanted to stop their marriage. Anyway, I have sort of made RS my second home because it is easy to do when you know that the people honestly do care.
We are here to help you free of charge
but there are charges to keep this site running.
If we were able to help in any way,
a small donation would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

>>REAL FACES OF SCAMMERS<<[/b]

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri May 14, 2010 10:51 am

I found the 419 subject in the autumn of 2006, started with baiting on Eater in 2007, including some love baits together with an US baiter who is not a member here. With a fake profile on Profilelooker then, I got into chatting with them. Then, during the winter of 2007 the Eater site was compiling a short romance baiting sticky. The little paragraph I contributed was less important than that during those weeks, i got to know some major romance-only baiters including Wayne most of all.
I didn´t come here til in spring 2008 when at last I followed the tip from KaKa´s siggyline (I believe it was Kaka, or was it Pete?), who said that romance scammers in his opinion should be posted on a public board (like this :D) with all their details they use in their scams, and that doing this would not harm a bait since scammers use multiple profiles and talk to many many people simultaneously, so which one of all the dozens has posted him then, hehe? -
That´s what I did. Everything else beyond came gradually. I think Mister X (who has long left the scene) told me some posting techie things: how to post (organized by pictures, what Postimage.org is etc etc).
I want to harm scammers and trying to make people aware of scammers hurts scammers´ walletts more than "just" baiting singular ones alone I think...seeing how much often unexpected feedback comes by people who were indeed hurt badly by scammers, scammers who I had come to talk to actually just to get their details to post them up here, the mass of financial and emotional harm that scammers do surprised me a lot. So it came to require more and more talking and collecting scam evidence for people who haven´t yet "seen the light". I got to know Wayne better while talking lots about romance baiting and webcam tutorials from 07 til today and finally, I ended up being stranded here permanently :)

Most start with "just" posting their very own scammer, and leave. It would be 100x better if people also start reading about other people´s experiences. Easy to tell, I know. I myself found that out only after months myself, when other people all of a sudden posted in "my" threads "I know this scammer, too". It´s then only a comparatively minor step to smell scam signs and say to others what they are.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Sakura Yotoshi
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Sakura Yotoshi » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:02 pm

I found this site by researching 419 Scams and how to avoid them, I have to say this site is a godsend it will save many people a lot of pain :) Though this darn scammers will never learn how much they hurt people...they just don't care. *Sigh.*

merchant45
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby merchant45 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:04 pm

Well I followed a link from 419Eater, where i have been involved in annoying these parasites for quite a while now, I find this site interesting, in that it reminds me of why I do what I do,
By far the Romance Scams are the nastiest ones that there are mainly because they prey on emotions so I am grateful to waste their time in any way I can !

Stealth
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Stealth » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:30 am

The man that I finally collected enough proof to post him as a scammer in the white males Nigerian forum, had me mighty suspicious early on. I'd been looking everywhere to see if I could match him to scams. Couldn't find anything (at that point in didn't know that googling portions of his private letter would yield positive results), so I though maybe if I research their pattern I'll be able to determine for sure about him. Doing my homework on types of scammers then led me to this site which I am glad for.
"Scam signs"

ATTN GUESTS!!Telling your mugu that he/she is busted will accomplish absolutely nothing but teaching them how to be better at scamming/victimizing, as well as cause other victims unnecessary duress. Unless this is what you hope to cause, do NOT confront them!

gd101
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby gd101 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:05 pm

I found this site through a dating site (Christian Mingle). It has a bulletin board setup for interaction between members and this site was posted there once (I think it was back in about 2006 or 07 when I first saw it). That site gets rid of scammers quite quickly when reported to admin, but they would still pop up for brief times before getting deleted. I don't know how many I have reported to admin there mostly because I would find them posted here and then after a while it became quite easy to spot them. I have quite often posted the link to this site and hope it has saved at least one person from being scammed...

Looking back, before I knew about this site, I was in contact with a scammer from Russia. I thought it was a little strange how quickly she (a 25 yr old) professed love and affection. Then she went on about her sick mother (i believe it was) and needing $$ for some reason or other and I didn't bother to reply to her after that. I wish I had known about this site then so I could have posted her here...

Great site RS and all you hard workers! Too bad dating sites wouldn't make a visit to a site like this mandatory for opening a profile!

serene
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby serene » Mon May 09, 2011 6:43 am

I found this site on the search engine while searching for IP addresses.

Lioness1

Bookmark and Share

Postby Lioness1 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:08 am

I am glad to have found your page. Now I "explore" everything after and after. Yesterday afternoon I wanted to post a photo and report, just everything I have, can`t find it! I`ve probably done something wrong? Could you please help me? I am only a new member since Friday night! Thank you so much.

Ralph Warner
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ralph Warner » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:51 am

Hi and welcome

If you take a look through our FAQ you will find a link to sending PMs which includes how to post a picture

If you are still having trouble let us know
"Thou shall read thy FAQ" CLICK HERE for salvation
Has your scammer sent you to any websites, it may have been fake.

dmples2
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby dmples2 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:40 pm

After I was scammed, I started looking for more information on romance scams. I googled romance scams and come upon this site and I am glad that I found this site.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:44 pm

I am glad to have found your page. ...Yesterday afternoon I wanted to post a photo and report, just everything I have, can`t find it! I`ve probably done something wrong? Could you please help me? I am only a new member since Friday night! Thank you so much.
As I wrote in a PM to you yesterday, you´ve very probably mixed up the Submit button with the Save as Draft one.
Please repost when you can. It may be very important scam info for somebody else.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

almost_bit
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby almost_bit » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:26 am

I found this site via google. I looked up the name of a person that a scammer requested I sent money to. I found postings of people who had sent money to that person and then discovered it was a scam.

This site saved me a lot of money.
Do NOT bait your own scammer!
___
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

greenbug
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby greenbug » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:52 am

Did a google image search on my scum and here I am.

Lioness1

Bookmark and Share

Postby Lioness1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:54 am

"FrumpyBB"

Thank you so much for your reply. I am learning by doing, I am able to take criticism, but also help! This morning I received a furious message, which showed, that I am a wicked and unreliable woman, final my scammer realized, that no money comes and next week is Christmas.

I will prove my reliability, will approach with elan and power to the cause this afternoon, knowing maybe I can help so someone for Christmas.

SlapHappy

Bookmark and Share

Postby SlapHappy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:52 am

This morning I received a furious message, which showed, that I am a wicked and unreliable woman
:D I'm glad that the scammer gave you such a "fine compliment!" and also that his Christmas payment was permanently delayed. :)

Return to “Voting polls”