It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Are you still looking?

If you want to know the opinion of our visitors, create your poll. Please don't submit scammers here!

Are you still looking for your mate, or here performing a public service?

I'm still actively looking
85%
I still have active profile on relationship sites, but am in a relationship
4%
I've found my life partner, and do this as a service to others
11%

Total votes: 373

brenland
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby brenland » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:01 pm

i wish this site was more readily known to the people on friends reunited dating because if you look on there. page to page there are guys from here going under different name.

i spotted one guy the other day saying hi i live in usa and the next minute flicking threw saw the same picture in the south african part of the site this would be a great tool to customers of friends reunited if they new you existed and i wish someone would draw it to there attnetion more

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Nibiru
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Actively looking

Postby Nibiru » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:00 pm

Well, just joined a few weeks ago, after been scammed. Now I am the hunter on different sites and can tell you this is such a great satisfaction! Still believe I will find my other half might be not on public sites... :eek:
but to help and save others I consider to my goal in the future. While I am enjoying the hunt... :grin:

honesty
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

still looking!

Postby honesty » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:36 am

Totally bummed :-( all I have managed to find so far are scammers. :liar: I can't even find a pen pal who isn't out for money or trafficking come on there has to be someone real out there doesn't there? :roll: Otherwise there wouldn't be a need for this site! :heartbroken:

Kobayashi Maru
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Kobayashi Maru » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:46 am

I found my way here through a link on 419eater. Great site. I think I'll be spending a lot of time here, seeing as I've decided to become mainly a vlad baiter.

I'm happily taken. Married a Russian girl a little over a year ago. And we originally met through a dating site. So that route can work really well. You just have to go about it with caution and intelligence, like most things. I also met several very nice and honest Ukrainian girls, 2 of which were wife material in my eyes.

I've never been scammed. I'm doing this partly as a public service, because there are a lot of very lonely and naïve people out there for scammers to abuse. I want to help make things harder for the criminals.

And also I don't like the damage these scum are doing to all the honest FSU women who are looking for a life partner outside their country, for personal reasons which are legitimate and which they're entitled to have. But as often happens, only the bad news attracts attention. So even though I'm sure scammers are much less numerous that the real ladies, the scammers get most of the public attention. I remember the reaction of several people around me when they found out I was talking to a Russian girl. "Russian women are only interested in two things: money and citizenship in a rich country". That's sad. :-( Because while I know that gold-diggers do exist there (as in all countries), I'm sure that most of the bad reputation that all FSU women have gotten is because of these scammers.

End of rant. ;)

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:00 am

It only takes a few bad apples to ruin everything. Not just with scammers, but in general :(

Personally, I've never been a victim of a romance scammer. I married in my early 20s and we only recently celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary. I didn't even know scammers existed online until around 3 years ago, when I fell into the world of baiting totally by accident. I started baiting in December of 2005 and had my first romance scammer fall into my lap in the January of 2006. Ever since I've concentrated on them, and can claim without ego that I've invented several baiting modalities for dealing with the scum that try to break people's hearts while emptying their wallets.

[shameless self plug] I even have my own personal site away from here with the results of several of my baits, as well as information for the victims of scammers. Leave me a message at www.romancescambaiter.com [/shameless plug]

Ralph Warner
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ralph Warner » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:27 am

I see no shameless plug, cough ;) :lol:

Wayne has taught and encouraged many baiters and victims about romance scams and has some very interetsing trophies to prove it, some he may not be able to show you, some you may not want to see but all have wasted scammers time while humiliating them.

There are a some very good baits to give you some ideas at that link he gave and a good selection of some of his trophies

wiltshire moonraker
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

yes......still looking

Postby wiltshire moonraker » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:03 pm

Yes, despite being scammed by a Russian in 2007, I am still looking for a life partner and soul mate, I'm still using a dating site, but no luck, so far.

I have made it my mission to expose both the scammer who ripped me off and the one who has targetted me in November 2008 - and it's thanks to web sites such as this one, it is possible to do so, thus giving me some satisfaction that I might stop someone else from being cheated :applause: :applause: - (it's amazing what a simple search on google can tell you) ;) ;)

cherkhan
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Been caught before

Postby cherkhan » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:25 am

Yes, I got caught once. Now I am very wary of these sites even though I still join them. I am lucky as I seem to attract scammers very easily. I think they see my profile as 'ex financial services'...he has money. Fools I was an honest adviser :grin: It does give me great fun though leading them up the garden path :twisted:

I am still looking and still hoping.

Oh yes, someone in the 'US' still owes me $400. I tracked him to Montana! Justice will be served (I watch Horatio CSI Miami :applause: )

vera d'athol
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

I found !

Postby vera d'athol » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:07 am

After being scamming, I was still looking for someone on romance sites... but if I still go on match. com to see if my scammer is or an other one , I went on other sites to look for someone... and now I found someone ... but I'm always look profils on romance sites for scammer!

Adest255
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Adest255 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:09 pm

Yes I am looking :love: Just recently decided to try online dating and fell right into a scammer. :heartbroken: As much as I would love to bait, to help keep others from being hurt, just not ready yet. So looking both to find a special lady and also on how to take care of the scammers when I run into them. Hopefully in the future I can learn enough to help keep others from being caught. And thanks to all that have helped, you have saved people from hurt and need to be commended :applause:

poet6707
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

still looking

Postby poet6707 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:32 pm

I'm a new user here and am still looking also. I was talking a "woman" who know if it was a female or male. but red flags kept popping up.
Will post details in a different thread .

But anyway i haven't given up hope.

Hexe
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Hexe » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:44 pm

Yes I am looking :love: Just recently decided to try online dating and fell right into a scammer. :heartbroken: As much as I would love to bait, to help keep others from being hurt, just not ready yet.
Wise decision, and you will find sure the one who brings back those butterflys in your tummy...and makes you forget those scamsters...

Back to life but always willing to help!!!

Scammed 300
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Scammed 300 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:03 am

I'm still looking despite the scam attempt that I encountered on the dating site I am on. Thanks to this site and it's awesome info, I am aware of what to look out for.

testingthewaters
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

actively looking

Postby testingthewaters » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:52 pm

I just realised that my scammer is probably gonna use my pics and those of my kids in future scamming scenarios. I'll be single for the rest of my life! ;) Really wanna help to shut these people down.

aupete
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby aupete » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:32 am

Same as most others, still looking and hoping to find that person.

I was lucky, the first scammer I came across was an absolute moron. She was so obvious, lucky for me, and it made me aware that these scum were out there.

I am just finishing playing with my fourth scammer as we speak, who I confirmed through this site, yes, another Mari El. I love to waste the f#@%ers time. :silly:

But it does make one very skeptical of everyone, and I hope I don't blow off a genuine contact because of this. :thinking:

Return to “Voting polls”