It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:20 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Oasis Dating RIP

Scam-related reviews of the dating and social networking sites. Only people with a 10+ postcount can post in this section.
Pete
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Oasis.com Negative

Postby Pete » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:12 am

This is based on my survey of female profiles on the site, which I'll guess are comprised of 30% or more, fake or scammer profiles.

I see the typical West African, and Russian profiles, as well as West Africans operating from within Asia. (Malaysia, China)

The site is free, and fairly large, with a claimed 10,000 or more members online everytime I checked.

For baiters, this site looks like it should keep you busy!!
Never send money to somebody you only know from the internet, or phone calls!

Please support this site

Oasis.com Negative

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

janex69
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Oasis.com Negative

Postby janex69 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:29 am

For Malaysia males on Oasis...read 99% African "students" or "European Engineers"

The good thing about Oasis is that they appear to read the IP of any profile and if it dosnt agree with the declared location it automaticallly flags up as "under investigation". I had this when i tried to create 'Malysian' bait profiles! Consequently the Malaysian Mugus cant hide their location unless they use a proxy!.....and I hear the same old excuse that they "created the profile when in Malaysia on business!" :D
No, Mugu! I don't want to be your friend!!!

Pete
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pete » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:33 pm

:)
I was looking at all the 'loving and caring woman who like to hug and kiss' who are causcasian, often with huge boobs tumbling out in the pics.......and from Malaysia, but only speak English.

The IP thing seems right. I was initially interested in Oasis since I saw some ad that they were 'safe'.
I do see West African profiles in the US section, so they must not be screening or blocking proxies.

The one interesting thing for baiters is you can essentially block a lot of the real people from contacting you by setting your age and language preferences appropriately. So my old geezer profile does not have love letters from real old lady geezers....only scammers.

Please support this site

Pete
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pete » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:06 am

Some other unusual things I've noticed about Oasis.
It seems the site is 6 months old, but has hundreds of thousands of profiles. It looks like many of the profiles are from other dating sites, Tata date, for one. (Notation on the bottom of most of the Chinese profiles)

They have a counter that claims 8-10000 'online' at any given time, and spits out 500 'matches' for my baiting profile every time I login. How many of these 'matches' are online at any given time? 2 to 6, and usually all suspicious or definate scammer profiles.

Please support this site

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Oasis Dating RIP

Postby Bix » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:29 am

Notice on Oasis Dating...
OASIS DATING WILL BE CLOSING AT THE END OF OCTOBER :applause:
The time has come for us to say goodbye to Oasis Dating, but don’t worry, with our new app Helium, you don't have to wait to be liked or matched to start chatting. JOIN HELIUM >>

Bye Oasis, aka "Scammer Watering Hole", you won't be missed!!
:cool:

Is Helium available for desktop PC?

No. Helium is only available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices.

Is Helium available in my country?

Helium is currently available for download in 21 countries.

Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore and India.
United States, Canada, Ireland and the United Kingdom.
Argentina, Colombia, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Paraguay, Uruguay and Venezuela.
:yawn:
I wonder how long it will take the African and Malaysian Mugus to circumvent this?? :(
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Oasis Dating RIP

Postby Bix » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:18 am

Oasis finally closed down, 5th November.

No sad loss! :cool:
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

Return to “Dating and Social Networking Sites”