It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Connectingsingles.com NEGATIVE

Scam-related reviews of the dating and social networking sites. Only people with a 10+ postcount can post in this section.
Pete
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pete » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:59 pm

This is a fairly big free site, with the typical anti-scam disclaimers, including 'scam stories' copied from other sites.
I reported some obvious scam profiles....with pictures of movie stars, and they haven't been deleted, yet.
Never send money to somebody you only know from the internet, or phone calls!

Please support this site

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Pete
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Connectingsingles.com NEGATIVE

Postby Pete » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:58 am

Lots of scammer profiles, and the owners seem to be asleep at the switches, or don't care.
I've reported quite a few, no luck.

It appears they don't allow Russians to register from Russia, so they register from other countries. Gee, that's a good scam fighting tool! Just remove 'Russia' from the dropdown list of countries in the registration form.

FWIW, there seems to be an awful large amount of Russian named ladies in NSW Aus. ;)

The West African scammers are everywhere.

This lovely site also has some pictures of body parts, as will as discussion of crap decent sites don't allow on forums.

It seems to be a playground for the perverted, and clueless.

Please support this site

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:35 am

well... to me it seems the site is not THAT bad. After you posted, I opened 2 standard baiting profiles that I use on all other sites, just to check them out: one of a bbw middleaged American woman and of an average looking American guy in his 40s: not ugly, not attractive, just average joe.

In 10 days my female profile got 5 messages.
3 were from Nigerian scammers
2 were from real American bbw-lovers.
1 scammer was removed the next day
2 are still there.

My male profile got only 1 message from a vlad with modeling pics. That's it. But it gets a LOT of flowers from real cougars (real ladies in their 40s and 50s). Already got 6.

This is not THAT bad. Other sites are much worse. The same profiles on DMF, 4ppl, singlesburg, easyflirt are showered with all kind of scamsters, I get 2-3 messages per day, ALL from lads, vlads, 419ers, no real people at all.

If there are female mugus there, they are apparently not contacting men first. Waiting for men to contact them.

Just trying to be fair. ;)
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Pete
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pete » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:52 am

I had an elderly white male profile there. ALL of the women who contacted me were scammers. Some I recognized as being scammers, and nudged, responded cautiously. I think some of the scammers are a bit more careful.

I'll check, but most of the profiles I reported were not removed, even ones with pictures of movie stars.

They may be resident 'bait' profiles of the site owner, but I don't see much evidence they really do much about scammers.

Please support this site

Pete
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pete » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:46 am

nope. most of the profiles i reported are still up, some have been removed. they also removed the 'scams' category in the in-house forum.

not the worst site, just a typical dating site....meaning they don't really do anything about scammers they allow on the site.

Please support this site

Pete
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pete » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:15 pm

I still see too many celebrity and other stolen pictures on profiles at connectingsingles.com, and I see a large batch of profiles set up by West African scammers operating from the Guangdong province of China.

This is a free site to avoid.

Please support this site

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:06 am

5 days ago I reported them this mugu:
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=54317" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
as he kept hooking new victims there. Told them he was a scammer from Ghana, provided them with his Ghana IP, also told them he is probably signed in through a proxy on the site.

No effect!! He is still there, only removed his pic now. :evil: :evil:
http://www.connectingsingles.com/user/momod12232" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

geecee
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby geecee » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:57 am

And I can verify to you both, said site is not conductive in meeting anyone from the opposite sex either! :( :cry: Gives me no joy to be saying I might add! I will concede cs has improved slightly over the past 2 years. Many of the russian profiles that were very prevelant have gone but they'd still get around it somehow. Most of the scammers are now from african countries using female pictures in the 20 to 30 years age group and give somewhere within the USA as a location. That seems to be the typical angle they use nowadays. Although a few 'females from China' are now visible too. I have previously been in touch with some lovely, lovely women from the site but not from the local environment. It's true most of the contacts that have written, have been scammers. But not all.
Yes the said site is very slow on removing scam profiles when one sends a scam report.
Not a site to recommend if someone is really interested in dating. No way!
Many of the members there are interested in messing around in the forums. Which is fair enough if that's what one wishes to do.

Return to “Dating and Social Networking Sites”