It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Datemefree - NEGATIVE!

Scam-related reviews of the dating and social networking sites. Only people with a 10+ postcount can post in this section.
aupete
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby aupete » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:23 pm

Must agreeeee!!!!!!!!!!

DMF is totally full of it.

Steer clear of this hive of scammers!!! Unless you want to play! If so, heed the advice of the mods on this site and be careful.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Gg*34
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Gg*34 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:25 pm

A great way to describe the "scammers" no matter who they are, *** a hive mentality*** indeed. Lol.
Location? some where between my hard drive and CPU, back and forth back and forth.

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:39 pm

The new Coup in DMF is: when you was long enough in DMF, you become automatically with your profil from DMF member in AbsoluteFreeDate.
Different to DMF, you cannot report scamster in ADF.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Re: Datemefree - NEGATIVE!

Postby IceFM » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:40 pm

Seems that DMF want to improve ther image. Since this week one get a mail when one report scammer there and they remove profil now. Possible that the time of the Scammer Red Flag is over there.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:12 am

they should remove bad profiles instead of just flagging them "scammer", PLUS remove all scammers messages from inboxes. Or at least make this red "scammer" sticker show up in inbox system. The thing is, 80% of men don't look at profiles. They receive a message from a pretty girl, her picture shows up right in the mailbox, so they just hit reply WITHOUT going to profile page, they never even notice that "scammer" sticker.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duckhunter » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:17 pm

Here's an interesting development at dmf -- seems they are making an effort to clean the place up:
Dear xxxx,
Mark ( 143385 ) is scammer send you scam message.

We have deleted Mark ( 143385 ) with all messages from DateMeFree site.

If you find other scam profiles, please click on "Scam Report" button.
We delete them fast and deny access by IP address.
Please help make DateMeFree without scam.

Like DateMeFree site?
Please tell a friends about DateMeFree.
Course, I already knew that -- his photo is here at the site.
Help us keep scammers stupid Post his details here to warn others, then walk away without explanation. Confrontation alerts scammers & makes them change their identities...which makes all your hard work outdated. It messes with their minds if they don't know why you walked away.

duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duckhunter » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:51 pm

Wow....I've had this profile up for only 4 days -- not even getting a chance to post the scammers before dmf is removing them.....also, the site has taken it upon themselves to warn potential victims in addition to removing the scammers. I'm impressed.
Dear xxxx,
Mr george smith ( 143334 ) is scammer send you scam message.

We have deleted Mr george smith ( 143334 ) with all messages from DateMeFree site.

If you find other scam profiles, please click on "Scam Report" button.
We delete them fast and deny access by IP address.
Please help make DateMeFree without scam.
Help us keep scammers stupid Post his details here to warn others, then walk away without explanation. Confrontation alerts scammers & makes them change their identities...which makes all your hard work outdated. It messes with their minds if they don't know why you walked away.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:56 pm

Great to hear that :) and also great to hear from you again!
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duckhunter » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:04 pm

And it's wonderful to be back...missed you all

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:18 pm

Don't be a stranger this time :)

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:34 pm

WOW, seems that DMF is getting better. All scammers that I reported was removed the same day. Haven't checked their other sites yet (WDF, GFD, 24FD, Lovessa, etc..) but I guess the same.

Now, if only they blocked at least Senegal and Ivory Coast by IP, that would be even better. And if they blocked Nigeria, Yoshkar Ola and Lugansk by IP, that would be just great. :applause:
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

Foxy
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Foxy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:37 pm

DMF has now a stronger anti scam policy than certain paying sites.... :shock: If only these paying sites could do the same efforts...

johnnyreb38
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby johnnyreb38 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:40 pm

I noticed they notified me of one person who contacted was a scammer.

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Thu May 13, 2010 2:20 am

well, unfortunately Nigerian male scammers are still in force there. My mailbox is still full of them :(

Also, other affiliate sites of DMF are the same bad, they are all owned by the same guy from Vinnitsa, so he should be doing the same on all his sites, not just on DMF. For examle, few days ago I reported a 419'er (!!!) on 24freedate, they are still there:

http://www.24freedate.com/profile.php?ID=113829" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hello Dear, I Need your help Pls, hope you are fine and your family? it is really nice to contact you and i think you are honest and kind person i can trust and i think we can know each other I live in Dakar Senegal.... well the reason why i contacted you is because I am interested in moving out from my country to another place and i am looking for partnership someone who can stand for me as my partner as I plan to make some investment with the fund my late husband left behind for me and my daughter. I seek your noble cause to assit me in making this archivement for me and to help me and my daughter to travel to your country and also to assist me for the transferring of my late husband trunk-box deposited in the company and move it over to your place for investment before i come to see you in your country. i am quite sure you will be able to help me with that because the total amouth inside the trunk-box is 1.5 Million USD, please answer me yes or no if you will help me. before i can more futher to send you more detail and i can send you the company information. pls contact me by my Email: franca_izekor@yahoo .com
Thank you
Franca.

That doesn't sound like a strong antiscam policy... :(
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

mdgposter
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mdgposter » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:36 am

Hello folks,
I have been a member of DMF off and on since 2007. My general opinion of them is they are the same old DMF. OK there was some encouraging posts on this thread about their steps against scammers. I do not think DMF does enough. DMF is still to this day one of my greatest sources where I find scammers to post reports here at Romancescam. I am noticing a shift from the majority of scammers being of the romance (Russian and elsewhere) type scammers to African 419 funds transfer type scammers and the like. I am also seeing increasing inquiries for me to text certain daters or phone them. Things are just changing and not for the better.

Just my two cents worth

See you
mdgposter

Return to “Dating and Social Networking Sites”