It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Datemefree - NEGATIVE!

Scam-related reviews of the dating and social networking sites. Only people with a 10+ postcount can post in this section.
1 real
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

datemefree

Postby 1 real » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:01 am

i joined this site about a month ago and when profile was blocked I would inquire and get a responce.Now I have reported scammers to them and they are still active .Also I was communicating with lady her profile blocked made multi inquiries and no respomce where can i complain or will it do any good??Can someone help me please thanks

datemefree

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

KaKa
VIP Poster
Location: Kazan!! No Chebokary - OK - Yoshkar Ola really ;-D but promise to visit your city if you send $$$$

Bookmark and Share

Postby KaKa » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:47 pm

DateMeFree or DMF is a site that is crawling with scammers and they rarely get removed.

Of all the "women" I have corresponded from the site not a single one ever turned out to be a real person!! :shock:

All I can suggest is you try other people and remove your photo if you posted it or it attracts Nigerians.
I had one profile with a photo and one without. The Nigerian an African based scammers swarmed all over the one with the photo like flies but left the non photo alone!!
BE CAREFUL OUT THERE

Want to locate IPs in the headers click the link
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10910

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Datemefree - NEGATIVE!

Postby Marisa » Tue May 27, 2008 4:20 am

This site is famos for their scammers!!! There is probably no baiter out there who doesn't have a baiting profile on DMF.

ALL 100% of messages received on that site are from scammers ONLY. Russian, Nigerian, 419, etc..

They try to "clean up site" and "remove" scammers. For each 1 they remove, 10 new ones are taking his place. In order to clean up that site it has to be shut down completely. Like the place that is so badly infested with rats, that you can only blow it up.

There are only scammers, baiters and perverts there. STAY AWAY!
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

KaKa
VIP Poster
Location: Kazan!! No Chebokary - OK - Yoshkar Ola really ;-D but promise to visit your city if you send $$$$

Bookmark and Share

Postby KaKa » Tue May 27, 2008 11:27 am

In over one year of trawling I have NEVER met a person who was not a scammer.

I have rarely seen old known profiles removed and links to stuff I put up all that time ago are still there although they may be inactive!
BE CAREFUL OUT THERE

Want to locate IPs in the headers click the link
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10910

RTQ
Junior Poster
Location: And i regret ever talking to a sadist like you - Brina Caroline

Bookmark and Share

datemefree .org - Improved

Postby RTQ » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:41 am

Datemefree has a reputation as one of the prime scam baiting sites because it was loaded with scammers.

However, they have recently added a "Scam List" as one of the site features, and there is a report button on every profile.

Pay sites could do more (such as checking IPs), but one of the best ways any site can deal with scammers is by taking member reports seriously. The new feature on DMF is working... Oftentimes I will get messaged, and when I go to check the profile there is already a bright red flag on the photo which says "SCAMMER"

It doesn't get much clearer... And scamming there has dropped considerably.
I can't say 'I Love You' to you anymore my darling because those three words aren't enough to describe my love for you - Nancy Mike
But i still love you and im feel so lonely okay my dear - Vanessa Love

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:16 am

any site (paid or free) should block them by IPs and not let them register AT ALL. Such IP lists ARE available, but many sites choose not to, for variaty of reasons. If they let them register, mass-mail other members and remove profile only after reports, than it's a Micky Mouse job. The scammers know they are going to be kicked out, that's why they hurry to mass-mail right after registration. It is usually hit-and-run. Removing a profile after mass-mailing is usually too late.

Though this topic has been discussed here soooo many times.. :yawn:

As for datemefree, it is still very bad. 99% of their profiles are still scammers. Their "scamlist" doesn't help much.

Looking at their "girls" 26-30 yo:

first page - NONE real. All scam.
seond page - NONE real. All scam

third I don't even want to look. ;)
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

alliance
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby alliance » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:19 am

90% is nigerian scammers

maybe 2% real,other russain scammers

ricks45
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby ricks45 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:55 pm

@RTQ- Try mentioning the word "Pilot" in your profile and adding a pic. of a fancy plane and see how much it Drops!! :eek:

@alliance- The other 8% are us Baiters! :mrgreen:

Gg*34
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Gg*34 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:31 am

Agreed' I found far to many scammers on this site. Mostly I have met scammers, though I wish to add I have met a couple "real" people but I always have my guard up to play it safe. But I am very careful of who I meet. I mostly have my profile for bating the scams. if they have a yahoo, or MSN, or gmail address (or recognizable social networking service) who takes things seriously about scams and spams. Then I report them. This site I find is frustrating for meeting real people but scammers abound and choked with them too.

basically a rough percentage is .02% real people to 95% scammers but this is bad math, though lol :smile:

I have emailed them several times before they put the "scammer" feature where you can list the member as a scammer by reporting them. Though a good warning they can do more, way, way, way more.

I received no responces from my enquiries, when I report 419's to yahoo at least I do get responses.... thanks to this site I felt I learnt so much but I am always learning the different types of scams, scammers and their MO's.

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:09 pm

I've started today my career there as "Girl" in DMF....
God in heaven...what have I done....they overrun me there...
and they don't read profil....I'm not interested in "lime inguinals"...
They harrass me to come in messenger immediately like the Nigerian.....
will see how it end up......

B4 it comes out of control I've changed my profil there and growing old now.
Thanx to Muguhunter for her Hints and Help.
Last edited by IceFM on Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

Gg*34
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Gg*34 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:28 am

I've started today my career there as "Girl" in DMF....
God in heaven...what have I done....they overrun me there...
and they don't read profil....I'm not interested in "lime inguinals"...
They harrass me to come in messenger immediately like the Nigerian.....
will see how it end up......
I have encountered this phenominon too, with many scammers. As to the Russian scammers tend to fill up my email box. The other Nigerian scammers 419 and or other forms of petty-scammers or "beggars" have the instant quick desire to meet me in Yahoo Messenger (then their pathetic attempt at fraud) begins. I appreciate the notification system when you know some one is a scammer then one "clicks" the scam report button. One can only do so much since its been said here "one is dealt with" then 10 more leach on, leaches are more pleasent to deal with then these scammers. Nothing but frustration.

PS: I have experienced no legit person on the dating site "spyko.com". That one too from my own experience is mostly "cam girls" or Russian and Nigerian scammers. I will see if I have posted a thread all ready if not I will post a thread.

Also I dont notice if many of you picked this up. Howver some of the scammers go off YM and your left there for a more then 30 minuites or so. I guess they are busy scamming other people at the same time. This is why I stopped chatting on yahoo for the most part.

It's safe to say we have had the same exerperience with datemfree.org one or the other. I would go as far as saying 150% negative, grrrrr :cry: :evil: :sigh: I think the emoticons say it all. I refuse to chat now in Yahoo Instant Messenger for the most part because of this. I am leaning towards prefering email correspondanse instead.

Most of my Russian scammers I encountered so far come from datemefree .org too, my second batch are Nigerian or other scammers. I know every one has a negative but slightly different experience never-the-less.

KellyD
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby KellyD » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:23 am

Datemefree is choked with male mugus!! But I must admit, they are not the sharpest tool in the shed. They mix up pictures, genders, locations more than usual. I think Nigerians who operate on paid sites, like match.com or eharmony are much more dangerous. DMF is more like for lazy mugus-amateurs, and I dont think they hook that many victims, simply because there are barely any real middleaged women on that site (their primary target). Most female profiles in their 40's -50's on DMF are baiting profiles.

Gg*34
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Gg*34 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:49 am

Very true' regards the sites you have mentioned and the "mugus" on datemefree. I tend to refer to this bunch as the "adolecent scammers" if you wil :smile:. Some are quite convinsing on other sites more then some. Always keep one's head up :smile: You could say in my previous I was and am expressing a universal rant and frustration, lol :smile:, ;)

Soltero
**BANNED**

Bookmark and Share

Postby Soltero » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:21 am

My story about this site:

I used it a long time ago. I think now, more then 2 years ago.
In those "days", the problem has not changes (i have read here).

I remember, it was possible to keep an on site blog, and also to block members, IF I'm right ???

I did not have to make contacts (much) myself. Which is eventually a sign you "will" deal with scammers.

Over a period of a year, I think, I have reported a dozen of "em' to site admin. And .... at that time (I must be clear), they were removed instantly.
But... I gave up after a while, as the "junk" keep running in. So I blocked each of 'em and put their profilename in my blog. I referred in my profile to my blog. :silly:

My scamlist was SOOO HUGHE, the page had to scroll more then two pages length to finish :lol:
Sit on a riverbank, relax and fish !!

Gg*34
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Gg*34 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:15 pm

I have notice the site admins of DMF.org have the "scammer report" button added in the profile. Its been on there for quite some time, now due to the site being chocked with amateur to intermediate level scammers. Yet when or if I report them directly to the admins they do don't do much lesson learnt on my part, lol. so I just use the scam button and I have some 395 scammers blocked. Also on my profile the first sentance says "total number of scammers blocked ***". They still keep on coming like flies on fly paper during the summer heat :smile: or moths near incondecent lighting at night :smile:

Return to “Dating and Social Networking Sites”