It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:22 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Sad and not angry?

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
username10262016
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Sad and not angry?

Postby username10262016 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:31 pm

I have been 'groomed' for many months. Sadly it's all come to a messy end. I'm heartbroken but why am I not angry. I feel bereft. I'm so STUPID .

Sad and not angry?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Sad and not angry?

Postby Igulinka » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:02 am

We are very sorry for the scam. We know exactly how it feels. On the one side you feel like your world just ended, you were lied, manipulated, humiliated, brainwashed and there is another side - relief that control is over and now you are regaining your power, energy, wisdom. Please know it does get better and heart pain will ease every day. Read our Support and Advice section for more understanding. You will see you not alone.

Please kindly post:
fake profile, email address, phone numbers, SKYPE ID, stolen pictures, FB and money request info.

Please BLOCK and IGNORE. You must remain strong now and time will heal the scares. Good luck and be well.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Wingman182
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Sad and not angry?

Postby Wingman182 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:03 pm

Hello and welcome to R.S.
First off please don't think of yourself as stupid. These are professional criminals, and they are extremely good at what they do. We all feel duped in the beginning, but as we learn more about this crime and heal we are able to see this whole event more clearly. And in time you will too.
It is also not surprising that you are only feel sad in stead of anger. As you have stated. You feel bereavement and that is exactly what you are going through. Regardless of their motives your feeling at the time were real and genuine. You have now lost something that was special to you. So like losing a love one you are grieving. And like all grief this will pass.
There are many step during the grieving process and anger is among them. But even if the anger never comes you at least have broken away from the scam. And that is a victory you can hold on to.
Wingman182 Pay It Forward

Return to “Support and Advice.”