It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:56 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Should I tell somebody she is getting scammed?

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
x1
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby x1 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:50 pm

The sister of a close friend might be scammed.

The guy says he is named Andrew, a widower, 53, is from Scotland and has a daughter. He is a business man and has to go to Afganistan for business reasons in the next days and after that stay will come as soon as possible to Germany with his daughter and meet her.

The guy has sent this woman a friend request out of the blue over facebook and is lulling her with love messages.

My problem now is, my friend is totally on board and is happy that her sister (sorry to say, but she is not looking very attractive) found love like in the stories by Rosamunde Pilcher as she says. This close friend fights with depressions sometimes.

So, here is my question: Should I warn my friend and tell her that her sister is being scammed and should not pay any money to this fraud? He didn't ask yet, but I bet he will soon. Or should I stay silent as I think that she could turn that against me and go into depression. I'm just thinking of the proverb - don't shoot the messenger - but people normally do, don't they?

Or should I think, well, sometimes you have to learn from your own faults and let it go on until her sister will wake up from fairyland and land on the solid ground of reality.

Your advice will be appriciated.

Sponsor

Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Should I tell somebody she is getting scammed?

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:04 pm

I would say yes; even if sometimes this is the beginning of a hard road. If you wish, bring her here. The photos, in all likelihood, have long been used in african love scams...
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Return to “Support and Advice.”