It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:33 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Tried to sue scammer that also tried to choke me and failed. Not sure what to do next - Off Topic

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
playstation12
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Tried to sue scammer that also tried to choke me and failed. Not sure what to do next - Off Topic

Postby playstation12 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:43 pm

I meet up with this girl online and had a good time and begain seeing her for a year. She tells me the person she lives with disaprove dating and asked me to pick her up from the corner. I think it was a month into the relationship we were in the mall and she walks over to me in tears telling me her relative is kicking her out and throwing her things in the trash. I drive over there and this guy appears to be throwing something that may belong to her. They argue with each other and I have no idea what's going on.

This man identified himself to be her relative and tells me I'm a bad influence? She claims he wants to attack me. Anyway she asked me to drive a few blocks away and she wants to know if I can drive her to a friend's house. She never arrived and I went home. The next day close to midnight I see her crying in the middle of the street. She comes into my car and asked me for rent money. I initally refused but that's when I start loaning her money. I don't know why, I just liked and cared for her. I felt a strong attachment to her I thought I was helping.

There are a lot of things that I didn't know. That person lied about being her relative. The real relative lives in another state. I have no idea who that man was claiming to be him. 3rd to last time I saw her she said she reunited with her father. He looks like he could be her father. The real father was in jail and won't be released for several months. Her real father took the back of a woman's head and slammed it into the countertop of a bar. Then he tried to attack people that were trying to stop him. He was in jail for over a decade. So, that's two relatives that were fake. Must be her friends using her real relative names. But they both looked like they were in their 50-60s?

2nd to last time she disappeared on meand gave me the run around. I meet some people that hate her. They won't give me their name or tell me why but they hate her. Last time I saw her I demanded she signed a promissory note for the loans. She then tried to choke me and plow my car into other vehicles on the highway. She took the cash from my wallet and well.... put the money in her vagina. I ditched her and went tot he police. I have a dashcam the recorded the audio of the theft. They refuse to help.

She then started harrassing me on the phone calling me a liar and that the theft never happened. What I didn't know the whole time was that she was on probation for a burglary charge and two conviciton of contempt of court. Before blocking me on social media she moved to califonia. Three month later I was at teh mall. This odd woman walked up to me and asked if I was friends with the girl I'm talking about. I said no I hate her. She said the girl scam money from people all over NJ. She then asked me for a pen and write a name down and then a state with a star. "That's her new boyfriend in (new state). You find him you find her." She then refuse to tell me who she was and walked away as fast as she could.

So, I contacted a skip tracer and I had the address and what that girl said was correct. They also gave me the boyfriend criminal background. Assaulting police officers, possession, drug distrubution etc. (All three of us are in our late 20s early 30s. I don't have a record) Anyway, I contacted a lawyer to help me. I have evidence of a loan but no promissory note. He went to the courthouse on my behalf. The case close 20 times lower then the loan. She lied and said the loan was repaid. When presented evidence she claimed she only owed XXX. The lawyer said he had no choice but to close the case because the case was heading towards dismissal.

So I failed trying to sue a scammer. I don't know what to do. I have her real mother's contact info. I thought about contacting her but that seems useless. How do I move on from this? Someone scam and assaulted me and all my efforts fell apart.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Tried to sue scammer that also tried to choke me and failed. Not sure what to do next.

Postby Igulinka » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:56 pm

I am sorry but our site is designated strictly to report West African and Eastern European mafias - impostors abusing other people photographs to defraud an innocent victims online. Please report incident to your local police department. Be safe.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Return to “Support and Advice.”