It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:16 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Reading Hula-Girl's Diary

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
PennaLady
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby PennaLady » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:03 am

Nothing has been added for a year now. I hope that means everything is going well for her and that she no longer wants to relive those months of sadness by translating more for us English-only readers.

I wonder if anyone who read the German version could fill me in on how things went for HG? Did she meet her "Ambassador" or was that unresolved? How long was it until she was able to recognize how impossible it would be for a real person to behave like the fictional man the scammer(s) created? What about doing the TV interview...how did that go? How hard was it for her when the one year anniversary rolled around? I hope life was full and that she was so happy that it came and went before she realized the date.

If you're around HG, thanks for sharing what you did. It helped me understand better what victims of scammers go through and made me a better, more compassionate and understanding person.

Sponsor

Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Reading Hula-Girl's Diary

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:32 am

Hi, the links to your questions (TV recording, etc) are all in the first "summary" post of the HG Diary thread :)
The journal parts we translated for here are all unabridged (ca. 150 of 300 pages), it was a normal ongoing private journal in which "the scam" was dominant for endless seeming months of her life, HG has long since moved on, advanced in private and job life and published her German book on amazon. So we ommitted everything from months onward when "scam" was less and less mentioned...:)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

PennaLady
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby PennaLady » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:02 pm

Thanks for the reply. I watch videos only as a last resort and forgot it was posted. Glad that the bad experience faded for HG. Still, for a "relationship" that was so brief before she recognized it wasn't quite right, the intense emotional pain lasted so very long. I don't think that would be true for typical for face-to-face relationships, even when sex is involved. The scammers really do know what they're doing with psychology, don't they?

Wingman182
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Wingman182 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:45 pm

PennaLady
“for a "relationship" that was so brief before she recognized it wasn't quite right, the intense emotional pain lasted so very long. I don't think that would be true for typical for face-to-face relationships, even when sex is involved.”

Don't be so sure about this. We are all individuals. And just as we are different form one another. No two relationships are exactly the same. Yes some will get over a short term relationship ( even physical ones ) easier then others. But there will be those who's attachment came very quickly and will take longer for them to move on.
But no matter the individuals these relationship's have one thing in common that the scam victim will never have.
The possibility of true closure.
With the break up of any normal relationship one real person is dealing with another real person in one form or another. ie.. Face to face, over the phone and so on.
With us victims / survivors the person we fell in love with was never a real person to begin with.
So there can be no true closure because there is no real person to confront.
We can find suitable ways to simulate and accommodate this need for closure, but it takes time.
So the healing process after the scam also takes more time then getting past a normal relationship.
Now this is the general way of things, but by no means the rule. After all we all heal in our own way and in our own time.
And if H.G. was able to move forward from her scam quicker then average. I say God bless her.

PennaLady
“The scammers really do know what they're doing with psychology, don't they?”

You may have no idea as to how correct you are here.
It may even come as a surprise to find out that scammers are well train in psychology. And out of that number many even earn their degree in the subject just so they can improve their skills at deception, manipulation, and brainwashing.
These are some of the main tools of their trade, and they are very good at what they do.
Wingman182 Pay It Forward

Return to “Support and Advice.”