It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:09 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

When Victims attempts to contact ROP with pure interest

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
mariko
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mariko » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:36 am

Question: How can I explain to the romance scam victims that we do not recommend victims to contact ROP, if victim excuses that she believes that she has no intention of love affairs or anger to the ROP but simply and purely interested to his professionalism. (So she believes nothing wrong with befriend with ROP with pure interest without love affairs or any stalking intention, but to find an innocent friend on SNS. So she assume that I am the wrong person says NO to her pure interest.)

Background:
I have faced few times, a victim finds a ROP and attempted to contact the ROP although I said I do not recommend.

Usually the unhappy victim leave me and go ahead with ROP. Some of them angry and never come back to me. Some of them came to me later on and ask me for advise, but what I say is not meeting their expectation.

For example, recently I was contacted by a scam victim (fortunately, money not sent), she had chat with ROP for a while and was blocked by ROP after a while. She asked me to resolve the issue with ROP and I rejected, as I have no reason to resolve the issue between ROP and vic, which I never recommended to do so.

She excuses that she was amazed by the ROP's professionalism, and interested to what he does as job. Not anything to do with love affairs, or bother him, she said.

She believes she is different from the victims whom "what ROP says" describes, such as sending love message or "give money back" shouts to the ROP and do all sorts of stalking to the ROP.

These women says, they are truly interested to the professional skill of ROP and purely wanted to become just a friend.

It is nothing wrong to make friend with someone you have same interest and want to know more about the skill of that hobby or whatever. So they are hard to understand my point that we should not bother ROP, because they thik they are not bothering ROP.

What can I say to these people, who believes that it is nothing wrong to contact with ROP if the intention is pure and good??

Sponsor

Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: When Victims attempts to contact ROP with pure interest

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:33 pm

In most cases, unless it is a known public figure, it´s not easy to tell for sure (unless you do this day after day and havwe done this hundreds of times( if it is a real person or just a perfectly crafted profile of another imposter. I think this is the biggest risk: You just prolong your own scam. Any scammer will from the first minute of victim-initiated contact take advantage of the situation.

If it is indeed a real person, there is nothing he can do anyway. You will just upset him. NOBODY in the world can prevent a scammer from using any picture he wants.

"What the real owners of the pictures say" : http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 13&t=48177
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

mariko
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: When Victims attempts to contact ROP with pure interest

Postby mariko » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:02 am

Hi FrumpyBB

I totally agree with you and also understand what is written in the "What the real owners of the picture say."

The person whom this victim found was real person. He is Reuters journalist with some photo with his credits on Reuters site and also have his Facebook and twitter and Instagram very active, in Arabic.

It is not so difficult for victims to find him and the victim actually found by herself, not by me.

And I told her there is not way for him to prevent his photo to be used, and he already knows, even before she contacted him to tell him that his photo was abused.

Then what she said was she had pure interest in the ROP, for his photograph skills, so she said she wanted to become friend with him. And she even said there is nothing wrong with her to become friend with him because her interest is purely based on his professional skill and not interfere his family life. (The man is married.)

I told her that there are numbers of fake profiles using his photo. For example, if 20 profiles in place, and every 1 out of several victims caught by each 100 scammers says they have pure interest in his professionalism in photography and want to become friend with him, then how many victims are contacting him with pure interest not something to do with love affairs. And I warned her, if she thinks happiness and welfare of the ROP, then I do not think it is good idea to become friend with him.

But the victim was really narrow sighted and she was upset with my advise, as she thinks I have narrow mind and not trying to understand her pure interests.

In fact I have faced similar situation with same ROP's victims, who said they are purely interested in photography skill of the ROP so that they wanted to be friend with the ROP. I really warned them but usually they get pissed off with me, assuming that I am a narrow minded person.

Return to “Support and Advice.”