It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:03 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

very worried re brain-injured friend who's being scammed

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
claire.muncaster
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby claire.muncaster » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:07 pm

i've a friend who is in r'ship with someone he believes is a woman called jennifer mills, who looks like this. he refers to her as his gf/missus.

we are both disabled, we live in a care home, she is clearly not & does not. he has a head injury & a vivid imagination, his short term memory is affected but he believes there is nothing wrong with him. i didn't know him before he became disabled. i heard someone on the end of his phone shouting “you pay, you pay”.
he is better on the computer than i am & i can't believe he hasn't checked info for her. he won't let anyone see/use his phone/laptop. He won't talk to anyone else while chatting to her. he doesn't sleep well, he tells me he is often up all night & always looks exhausted. any info asked for re her is met with snapping .

there is a carer where we both live who is from africa, who told my friend it was a scam. i had figured this out long before this as he has lived here for a yr & a ½ without a single visit from said “jennifer”. said friend shouted. he screamed. he threatened to leave the facility, & worst of all he threatened suicide which terrified me.

he has been taken in at least 10 times, even stealing from me to fund her. as i said he has no short-term memory & i don't think he wants to believe that she isn't real. he talks re their wedding, saying that he bought her a diamond engagement ring. he gets very depressed when he doesn't hear from her.
he said he ended it with her, he seemed a lot happier but her so-called-”friend” contacted him saying she was crying for him. he is a lovely man despite the stealing, but day-to-day he has no visitors. NONE. his parents have nothing to do with him anymore. i have no info on the scammer(who i'm convinced is a man) but what's worse is the facility can do absolutely nothing, saying he has full capacity.

i don't know what to do.

Sponsor

Sponsor

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Re: very worried re brain-injured friend who's being scammed

Postby IceFM » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:23 pm

.... this is Sexchick GNDKayla
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47405
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

claire.muncaster
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby claire.muncaster » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:46 pm

no wonder he's stressed, i've seen more of gnd kayla, camerella cams/curves, or whatever her name is than what i truly want to doing image search. i'm surprised he can see straight. nobody normal looks like that & i thought that would be a dead giveaway, but he behaves like a 15 y/o boy despite being 37 y/o; his world = women w/ big boobs & weed, that's all, which is fair enough but to be that lonely you feel you have to send money to some woman you've never even met & likely never will :cry: thanks re link, i will show topic to staff & *insist* something is done. i am not having this...

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:52 pm

....... but to be that lonely you feel you have to send money to some woman you've never even met & likely never will ...
.... thats why we and other in Internet always "preach": never send money to somebody which you've never met
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:00 pm

No use in confronting scammers or real photo owners you happen to find out who they are. We cannot prevent any overseas scammer from grabbing any model photos they want to open new another another profiles on Facebook, Google etc to chat up men as many as they can. It´s an open secret that fake profiles are ubiquitous on the web, and most model sites have according dislaimers anyway ("I am not elsewhere on Facebook.", "I am not stranded in Ghana.").
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

claire.muncaster
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby claire.muncaster » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:18 pm

thanks. only thing is he doesn't even believe there's anything wrong. i reckon he must know he/she isn't who she says cos he gets so cross & defensive re her/when questioned re her. he has got into debt & nearly ended up in prison over her. he can't go to usa where she apparently lives, & she still hasn't arrived. to me, he obviously doesn't have full capacity. i am really worried re him

they'd do a lot more to stop it all had it been/was it me but then i look more disabled. i also now have my finances locked in a box in the home's office as i suspected he was pinching off me knowing i would not notice any loss. few yrs ago when i was @ college i got a memo saying i was basically being evicted cos they couldn't cope w/ me – why can't they do this w/ him??!!

no contact w/ family to help stop it either. no contact w/ his kids/ex. he behaves like teen himself. i'm not sure how much is made-up; no chat logs seen. no info known. i can't believe he hasn't/didn't search pix. i can see why he does it but you can get all pix wanted for free. he said she wouldn't even talk to him (likely cos he cut off funds) & they fight all the time. that would be enough to put me off. thanks for topic w/ pix of gnd kayla, i'll look & pass it onto manager but i know he (friend) won't :cry:

Return to “Support and Advice.”