It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:48 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

STill nervous

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
Samantha99
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

STill nervous

Postby Samantha99 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:55 pm

I’m still a little nervous I let my scammer know that I knew he was a fake and had known for some time and he has threatened me. Saying he will be coming home soon and plans to look me up. He does have my real name even though when I worked out he was a scammer I did lie and tell him it wasn’t my real name. He was pretending to be a military man on a peace keeping mission in Nigeria. There really is no chance he’s going to come looking for me is there?

Thanks this site has been so helpful for me.

STill nervous

Sponsor

Sponsor

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: STill nervous

Postby Igulinka » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:00 am

If he told you he was at peace keeping mission in Nigeria "he"is not "he" but "them". A gang of young Nigerian criminals in age 14 - 35 which will never step a foot aside of the internet cafe. There is NO way any of them would ever get American visa and travel abroad. Furthermore you are not their exclusive victim, they scam hundreds people like you daily and they don't have time to play but they love to blackmail their victims. It is one more chance to receive money.
What you need to do now is to BLOCK and IGNORE scammers, do not emails, do not read texts. Just forget them. As soon as you'll shut down your computer the "online world" is gone.

Kindly post: fake profile, email address, phone numbers, stolen pictures, letters, money requests, fake documents.
Please NEVER confront the scammers, they know what they are and it's safer for you to be online.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Samantha99
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: STill nervous

Postby Samantha99 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:17 pm

Thanks so much for your reply. This makes me feel a lot better. I have completely blocked him and don’t have any contact with him at all. I did post all the info I have on him including him asking for money. It’s under the military section. These people are so awful once you stop believing them they turn so nasty and start threatening.

Return to “Support and Advice.”