It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:36 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Scammed and alone

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
Missmarple
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Scammed and alone

Postby Missmarple » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:33 pm

This is what I want to send to my scammer but obviously can’t.

I think I’ve always known you were scamming me. Right from the start when you asked for your ‘care package’ and your PS4 somewhere in the back of my mind I could hear the warning bells but I chose to ignore them. I’ve been trying to figure out why and I think it’s the same reason that I was picked out on that dating app in the first place...because I’m lonely.

Deep down I knew no one could love me like you said you did. Deep down I knew you weren’t real but I played along because I was falling in love with the illusion. How pathetic is that? I was so desperate to be loved that I was willing to settle for a dream, an illusion, because anything was better than the aching loneliness night after night.

Was it fun taking advantage of someone so vulnerable? Did you laugh when I shared the details of the assault I endured?

I thought I could keep playing along because the thought of not talking to you ever again made me want to weep. But I realise now this has to end. I feel worse about myself than I did six months ago when we met. I feel like I’ve beem violated all over again and I can’t go through that. I need to stop now and try and start to heal all over again.

Enjoy the money...I hope you spend it well.

Scammed and alone

Sponsor

Sponsor

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammed and alone

Postby Pinky » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:25 pm

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this now. The holidays make it so much harder. But you sound like a really sharp person to understand exactly what's going on, even to the point of knowing the futility of confronting the scammer. All we can hope and pray for here is for karma to render swift and appropriate justice.

Meanwhile, just from what you've written, I can tell you're a survivor and you'll quickly find a way to rectify being lonely. And now you're armed with wisdom and knowledge of the risks out there on the dating sites.

After my divorce (22 years ago) I spent too long a time being lonely until I got proactive. I went back to college, I took courses on things that interested me, I became a foster parent, then adopted 3 children (that right there eliminated loneliness altogether), I joined a club for a hobby of mine, I got actively involved in my church, I took up painting wall murals and scenery for a local theater group, I joined a gym, I learned to enjoy movies alone, I taught classes to senior citizens at a local center, I got a part time job, then a full time job doing something I enjoy, I volunteer here . . . and now 20 years later (and still single (by choice)), my life is full, I'm still doing most of the above and I'm NEVER lonely.

Now I'm not saying you should do what I did. What works for one, might not work for another. But you know you have lots of options. You are in control. And once you master you're own techniques for doing what makes you happy, I promise you, you'll be in the right place, in the right frame of mind, to recognize the real person who will make the best relationship partner for you. You'll just have to make time for them.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

Ruralroots
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ruralroots » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Exactly how I am feeling!

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:17 pm

Ruralroots

So sorry to hear that you feel the same way. Please don't give up.
Criminals will pay for a damage done one day. They couldn't care less how devastated we are.
Please kindly post a details of the scam.We need : fake profile, email address, phone numbers, money request info, stolen photos, some letters, etc.
Feel better and be safe online.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Return to “Support and Advice.”