It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Welcome to the Victim Support section.

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
The Wild Geese
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Welcome to the Victim Support section.

Postby The Wild Geese » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:11 pm

Hello NatNaleve,
Yes, these scammers are shameless and mean beggars. He now realized that the prospect of getting money from you is gone. So he resort to these threatening things. Don't worry he can't harm you. Just ignore him. Do not read his text messages and emails. Don't answer his calls. I can assure you that he will walk away. He will try to find another victim. Because he will realize that he is just wasting his time on you. Time for them in the computer is money . Calling you and texting you is also money lost for him. He has not much money to lose to a victim whom he knows he can't get any profit. That swearing? That is nothing but words of a liar. Nothing is real at all when it comes to the words of scammers. Lovely words, so as ugly words are just words without meaning when it comes from a scammer. Just take care of yourself.
Nothing wrong of being an Engr. as long as you are real. :-)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:24 pm

You are safe. In all the years I've been working over these scammers and advising victims, NEVER has one ever made a personal appearance or made good on his threats. They're idiots and they lie - always. You can easily ignore this one. You can even easily tell him to go F* his goat, too. Take some pride in knowing that you wasted his time, left him without money and made him angry and frustrated enough to be an even bigger idiot than he already was. Good job!
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

skylark
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby skylark » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:54 pm

I am afraid my mother has been taken advantage of by a scammer. She has sent a good deal of money over and still does not know who this person is. She claims to be in love and that she knows what she is doing. I can't convince her that it's a scam. What do I do!!

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:06 am

Hi Skylark. I understand how you are feeling. It is incredibly frustrating, but there is little you can do. The scammers are expert at alienating their victims from protesting family and friends. The harder you push her the deeper she's going to go. The best you can do is make sure she knows you love her and will be there for her when her house of illusions and delusions turns to smoke and mirrors - and it will. If you can find a way to communicate your unconditional love to her, perhaps you can ask in return that she promise she will send no more money - but if she has the money and it's all hers to give, there's not going to be a lot you can do.

That said, we have seen this same thing happen with other victims and some borrow or even lie, cheat and steal to get the money for the scammer. If any of that is going on with your mother, she's probably seriously addicted and needs an intervention. Get other family members in on this. Check with an attorney about having her declared incompetent to manage her own financial affairs. Be sure to warn anyone she might be borrowing from, not to enable her by lending her money. Make sure she cannot mortgage or use shared family assets for collateral.

As for slapping her with reality by offering her the proof you've found here . . . she is not going to accept it. The scammer will only have more stories and lies to cover and you will push her so far away from you that she probably won't turn to you when her world crashes. Be careful.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

slalmski
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby slalmski » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:04 am

Hello. I just wanted to say thank you for having this site. I am a new victim to all of this however I have found my scammer has been doing this for quite awhile based on what I now know after my research. I feel so naive... I know I am a very trusting person and now I feel very stupid....in addition, I want to cry. I fell for this guy....I wanted to believe all the nice wonderful things he said. I am a single mom, divorced for 10 years due to an affair on his part. I have raised two children alone and know I am looking for someone special to be a part of my life. It has taken me 10 years to open myself again to the possibility and this is what happens. I trusted and got burned... I believed this person. Thankfully I did not send money when requested because that sent alerts all over the place for me. However, I had felt pressured and finally sent a topless picture of my self to this person. He is now blackmailing me with this. Saying he is going to send it to facebook, cnn news, bcc news, youtube, etc. He emailed me a link showing he had posted the picture on his google plus account. Fortunately a girlfriend of mine helped me and we reported it to google plus and it has since been removed. I have changed all my Facebook privacy settings so any photos tagging me have to be approved by me. I am just sick. My family, friends, coworkers etc are my facebook friends. I don't know what to do. I have turned him in all over. Match.com, the multiple facebook sites he has up with same pictures, linked in...etc. I have also shared with my children my stupidity as a learning lesson for them. They are very supportive of me. I am so scared that the one stupid photo will come back to haunt me. I am so glad my spidey sense when off and I did not send any other photos....I don't know what else to do now except pray.....Feeling so betrayed and stupid.

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:53 am

First, you're not stupid.

Second, you're doing all the right things. All you need to do now is tell your friends on Facebook that you were scammed by a criminal pretending to be a human being and now that it's over, he's trying to hurt you more. You might even tell them he tried to hack your Facebook and you know his computer has a nasty virus as well. Advise them not to accept messages or friend requests from him or anyone they don't know. This is always good advice on Facebook anyway.

Next, expose all his fraudulent information here. Warn his other victims and ruin his source of income.

Last, block him from ever contacting you again and do not respond to anything he might manage to get through. If you don't respond he can't continue to blackmail you.

This will pass. Hang in. It's good you have family to support you.

joeyjo
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby joeyjo » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi I am fairly new to this site. I feel very stupid as I have just been victimized by a scammer through facebook. Very attractive guy and recently separated so he took advantage of me and I let him. I feel so stupid. I think the saddest part was I had a feeling that it could be a scam but I continued in contact with him. It went on for 3 months. I ended up sending him 500.00 which I hesitated but he sounded he really needed help. Because I think I really liked him stupid of me I sent him a couple of nude pictures of me. Omg saying this I feel disgusted about myself. I dont do this kind of shit. I was emotionally vulnerable.

There were signs that gave me the hint that he was a scammer after I sent the money. He tried to get more out of me and I didnt give him more. Thank god. Now the worse part, he just sent me an email and he is trying to blackmail me. He said he received an email from some guy that my nude photos will be posted on the internet and will be sent to my work as well.

I deactivated my fb account temporarily, changed my phone number know but he still has my work number. I blocked him on my email account as well. He also has my work address. Good thing I didnt send him a video which he asked for.

please I neec advise on what I should do. What should I be concerned about? Would he actually post those photos or send to my friends and families or co workers?

I feel relieved that I am not the only one who went throug this. This is embarrasing.

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:47 pm

welcome to RS, the best thing to fight the scammer is report everything about him here, his email ID, pic, email texts with money request , etc so other ladies will be safe coz of it. Scammer rare post a vic nude pic but for make sure it you can goole your own pics to see where the pic get hit.

btw you not stupid, you just did not know how scammer work and they good on manipulating people. Please dont call your self like that.
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

joeyjo
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby joeyjo » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:19 pm

Thank you. Would the scammer come across this site if I post info about him? How would I do that meaning posting his info here. What if he pretends to be a new user here we wont know right?

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:25 pm

No worries about it, scammer will having trouble register here. we have filter for it. They will getting block if trying to register here. and please out all your real name, address, etc from the email text from him before you posted to keep you in hide ;)

joeyjo
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby joeyjo » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:44 pm

Can you tell me where here I should post his info n pictures. Can i also notify facebook ghat this guy is using someone else photos?

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:49 pm

if he used white male pic, so post him on white male section , if he used black male pic than post in black male section.

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:34 pm

Even if he does see his stuff posted, he really can't do a thing to you and it's most likely that he won't even know which of his victims did it. These scammers have so many. Besides, soon someone else will post him too, and then he'll think it was you anyway. The point is, why care at all about what a lying, thieving criminal thinks? Are you worried about hurting his feelings (like he hurt yours)?

joeyjo
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby joeyjo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:59 pm

Good morning. I actually took my time to read every post on this board. I am amazed by how many of us were victims of this terrible experience we all wrnt through. Today is the second day I have had no contact with my scammer only because he has no way to gdt hold of me. My fb account is temporarily de activated, I changed my cell phone number, I deleted my text me number, I blocked his email address from my email accounts, if he sends me an email it will automatically get deleted. He still has my work number and address though which is my biggest mistake. There is so much lessons to learn from this experience. I was right about not sending him the 500.00 and I wish I listened to my gut because I was right. It was send voa WU and it was addressed to a girl with a white name and picked up in ny. What gives?

I am still worried about the nude photos though being exposed to somewhere or anyone. I was threatened that it will be sent to my work. My scammer is pretending to be blackmailed by another guy. Yeah right. In your experience, has any of the members here who were being threatened actually came true? Their treats I meant? Should I worry?

Thank god mine only lasted 1.5 months and I lost only 500.00. But its my dignity and self respect are the hardest part to recover. I wish I found this site during my connection with him. I wish I can really find that real guy in the photo and tell him my story. I feel so sad for his identity being stolen, no wonder why everytime I look at his picture I could never imagine the stories I am being told dont really match him.

thank you all for listening to my vent.

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:46 pm

When you think about it, there really are no places on the internet where someone can get away with posting naked pictures of someone without their permission. Over the years we have seen many victims of blackmail, but very few scammers have ever followed through with posting pictures. Facebook is the biggest worry, if the scammers private message friends, but it sounds like you've got that locked down. For your work, could you ask your IT department to block African and proxy IPs? But really, who would they contact at your work, except you?

Oddly the only place I'm aware scammers have tried to post naked victim pics, is here. They do it because they're mad the victim exposed them. It's really so stupid. Most of us are women here and the pictures get deleted nearly the second they're posted. Frumpy (who's actually male), is really efficient that way.

I know it doesn't help to read this, but you shouldn't worry excessively about this. Worrying cannot do a thing that's helpful.

Return to “Support and Advice.”