It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:49 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
RESEARCH SCAMMERS BY NAME
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

RESEARCH SCAMMERS BY EMAIL

Looking for support

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
tangal
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Looking for support

Postby tangal » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:07 pm

I met some on Instagram and must of missed the warning signs. He was going to move here for me. Last night he messaged me to say he had been in a bad car accident and was waiting for brain surgery. That’s when the bells went off in my head and I realized it was all a con. He never asked me for money. But he stole my time and self respect. How do you get over this?

Looking for support

Sponsor

Sponsor

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Looking for support

Postby Pinky » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:50 pm

You've got options:
1. You can lay around and weep.
2. You can call in a real friend for emotional support.
3. You can go back to where you were before and keep searching, but now wiser and armed with better skills to detect scammers.
4. You can stay off the dating sites and restrict your privacy on social media and wait for a live body to show up in your life.
5. You can join local clubs, classes and groups where you'll meet real people.

Any of the above, but start with posting the picture, name and contact information of your scammer, to warn others. And you should block him and end all communication with him.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

Return to “Support and Advice.”