It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

The Healing Process

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
Jks1975
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: The Healing Process

Postby Jks1975 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:44 pm

Thank you. Very wise words. He definitely did his research and was so convincing. Had such a story about his family and his accent (which was the first thing I questioned). The video was hard to get past because it seemed so real. He did get me for money, which I really thought I was smarter than that. The website they used even shows tracking and a live chat. I'm telling you, so impressive. I had no clue things like this even existed. Never again. Today will be the last conversations. It has been pretty entertaining having him beg me not to take my life and if I do how he will end his as well. These people are very good but I am so thankful I know what they are now.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Blind & Stupid
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Blind & Stupid » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:44 am

I need to know do we ever learn from it?
I'm going through my 3rd spell and have just blocked and reported 3 of them on Hangouts. I'm getting fed up with myself cos my quest for and hope to find love is blinding me...I can see the signs but my heart refuses to listen to my common sense because I've fallen in love with a photograph and I want to believe this is the one.
I have 2 more that I'm hopeful for but I'm bracing my heart for another battering that may turn me against online dating altogether.

Jks1975
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Jks1975 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:58 am

Do not use Hangouts to talk to someone. If they can't talk to you via text message, phone call, or dating app don't do it. I had this happen once but still. Since that time I have deleted hangouts. I used facebook dating and met my fiance so we will see.

Blind & Stupid
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Blind & Stupid » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:49 pm

Thank you, your advice has given me a tiny glimmer of hope as the last 2 contact me through email, text and via Whatsapp...I chat to others but only via the POF app...Hopefully, but I'm not going to hold my breath, next week I will see one of them face to face as he's said we can video call...so either I'll be in love with a gorgeous man (and totally baffled as to what he sees in me) or putting another band-aid over my heart.. I know what I'd like it to be but things never work out how I'd like so I'll stock up on the band-aids.
UPDATE - I'm stocking up on the band aids. just put one of the 'photos' he sent me (allegedly from Dubai) into Google images and surprise surprise I FOUND THEM ON INSTAGRAM....the guy in the photos goes by the name of Ian Simpson and I was right he's WAAAAY out of my solar system let alone league.
Still I've learned something...DON'T TRUST ANYONE!! If I think he's hot then he's too good to be true
Last edited by Blind & Stupid on Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jks1975
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Jks1975 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:34 pm

Be careful even with that. I have read about video chats that have fooled people too. Once that happened to me I decided to stay local, only people within so many miles of many. If there was some crap about them leaving and couldn't meet before I was done. If they can't meet in person, not video, but in person then something is not right in my opinion.

Blind & Stupid
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Blind & Stupid » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:43 pm

I really should have known (No fool like an old fool) when I heard his accent...I just couldn't marry his voice to his photo...He said he was originally from Portugal, came to Trumpington Cambridge from Texas USA 2 years ago (beats me WHY) his accent was neither American nor Portugese.
I'll stick to within 50 miles from now on
Building up the courage to block him but keeping his texts incase Wells Fargo Bank need some info cos I'm petrified I unknowingly committed a crime...

Fawwaz Tuqan
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Clearing my name and images

Postby Fawwaz Tuqan » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:07 pm

My name is FAWWAZ W. TUQAN (VICTOR), I am a lawyer from Jordan. I need your help to clarify my name and image because someone, Nigerian (or I don't know his nationality) stole my pictures from Facebook and my email addresses and using them to fool others especially ladies from different countries.
I was shocked when I saw my name, pictures, and email addresses on your site as a scammer under the name of (CHRIS MURRAY).
This is ruining my reputation and career. So please help me to erase/ delete my pictures from the scammers' site. I am ready to prove my real ID to you, so you can understand how does this scammer hurting me on all levels.
Appreciating your help.
Waiting to hear from you asap.
Best regards,
Fawwaz W. Tuqan
Attorney at Law
Amman - Jordan
My Mobile numbers are:
+962798041226 & Whats App
+962770171827 & Whats App

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:10 pm

Referring to this topic: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59264
We know the Nigerian scam profiles we have reported (it is not just "Chris Murray", it is dozens of other made-up names) are not you. Usually reporting to Facebook etc has little effect. The scammers are faster in resurrecting them under new names and aliases, but with the same photos. Anti-scam sites like this one help make these facts clear to the victims that these Nigerian gangs massmail, 99.9% know by now that they are fakes ;)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Lilttt
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Lilttt » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:24 pm

Hi iv I never thought it would be true iv been talking to a lady for a year and a half now but for the last 3 months things were just not adding up the story's were getting more unbelievable and her explanations were just as bad but I still want to believe it was real I fell in love for real but I guess that's what they want I would sit on my own and start putting it all together and it would be so plan to see I was being scammed but the min I was chatting to her I just couldn't see it it seemed plausabull my head is a mess as I always have this little bit say what it it's for real even now I'm trying to not speak with her but iv talked to her everyday for the last year and a half iv checked this site and can not find her name of pictures anywhere iv checked other sites and nothing but all the red flags are there was overly romantic very quickly need help a lot with money but never actually came out and asked she claimed to be from America but the way her message were rote didn't add up Facebook page screamed African refuse to talk much about her past or where she lived useing pictures of someone else it took me ages to do a image surch when we talk I get the feeling she is chatting to others at the same time now wants a plain ticket to me any thing she's good me about her iv tryed looking to confirm but nouthing checks out and I can not find anything about her online anywhere but after all of that I still have a thort but it might be real I'm fooling my slef w it that one I'm think I'm definitely been scammed and it sucks iv been thinking what she knows about me well everything so I just don't know what I'm suppoised to do cos she's not listed on any scammer web site so am I wrong about her

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:28 pm

... in this case, a "story" doesn't help much. For a check, we need details like mails, Pics, Mail header etc.
Maybe we'll find something you didn't find. You can post it here: "Am I being scammed?" ... here its away from Google and Search ..... or you can as PN.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

Lilttt
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Lilttt » Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:18 pm

I just put pic headers name email phone number on a post in the am I being scammed sorry first time I put something up I will know better next time any help you can give will be massive

Return to “Support and Advice.”