It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Help

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
Jorosegold
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Help

Postby Jorosegold » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:42 pm

Hello,
Met a man on tik tok. We exchanged numbers and talked for days. I sensed he wasn’t genuine but still went along with it. He now has a semi intimate (nothing bad but nothing I would like in the public domain) of me and is demanding iTunes vouchers or he will share with my work and Facebook. Should I give it to him or call his bluff? He’s fully blocked on Facebook and I control my work emails. I’m recently separated and lonely and just got lost in it but really stressed. What do I do?

Help

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

LightfromDarkness
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Help

Postby LightfromDarkness » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:44 am

Hi, I'm not an expert on this at all, so the moderators of this website will probably give you a better answer than I will, but here are some things I've learned from them.

They have written on the website that if you are still in contact with the man who is demanding iTunes or any form of money from you online, you should drop him immediately. By dropping him, they mean you should block him on all your social media profiles and change your number so he can't contact you.

I am not certain about the pictures, but I do know that he is trying to use your fear of what will happen to blackmail you. Blackmailing is completely wrong and I'm so sorry you're going through this. Probably the best thing for you is to stop contacting him immediately, since he is clearly not a legitimate guy if he's going to do things like this. If you send him money, it won't stop with that; he'll probably just ask you for more money and continue to blackmail you if you try to refuse.

I just barely escaped a scam myself, so I know this isn't easy. I hope you will be okay! There's a lot of support on this website so I hope that you can find more advice from the experienced people here.

LightfromDarkness
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby LightfromDarkness » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:46 am

Oh good! I'm glad you blocked him on Facebook and you have control over your emails. If he's in contact with you in other ways, I hope you can stop him from getting in touch through phone calls or any other avenues.

Jorosegold
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Jorosegold » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:05 pm

Eternally grateful for the advice and support

LightfromDarkness
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby LightfromDarkness » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:13 pm

Hi, aw, you're welcome! I'm so glad this helped you, I know it can be scary when you are dealing with a scammer, but once you cease all contact with him, you can start to move forward with your life and not be in as much fear. I hope everything turns out okay for you. :)

Return to “Support and Advice.”