It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

No one here is stupid!

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
wayne

Bookmark and Share

Re: No one here is stupid!

Postby wayne » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:38 pm

Why do you think that? It could be they're using the same pictures. Their writing style could be the same simply because they're from the same place. The stories they use are all similar, so that would explain that away too. They even sometimes share a cell phone, so not even that is an indicator they're the same person.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm

But if any of your guy's information matches anything posted here - YOU ARE COMMUNICATING WITH A SCAMMER!!
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Tue May 11, 2010 7:05 am

may I say something??? of course no one here is stupid EXCEPT for those who come here, post their story which shows 100% scam, with Nigerian phone numbers, names, addresses, plus there is a whole bunch of other victim's reports, then few weeks later they come back and say: no, turned out he is not a scammer, he is a nice guy, a real sweetheart, he helps elderly ladies to cross the streets, remove my post or I will sue you.

Those are indeed very stupid. In fact, they are idiots. Sorry, but that's true. :(
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

On A Mission
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby On A Mission » Wed May 12, 2010 2:33 am

Very well said Marisa and politely also. May I add that I believe it may add confusion to the victims that have recently gone through an experience with one of the scammers also. The crew here volunteers a lot of time dealing with this problem and the knowledge that they have is enormous. Experience is a big key and I can say that just when I had though I have heard it all a scammer will top the story. Right from the start I did a lot of reading here and I did find these low life people to be and do exactly as I had read here, so I knew what to expect and how to reply. I guess many of the posters are doing their post only and as we do know, your scammer does come back and the next step is as you said in your post above.
Lack of knowledge is how they get you in the first place and I will agree that it is STUPIDITY if they get you again.
We are here to help you free of charge
but there are charges to keep this site running.
If we were able to help in any way,
a small donation would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

>>REAL FACES OF SCAMMERS<<[/b]

kumang71
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby kumang71 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:03 am

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the words of comforting and motivating here in this site. Thanks for the effort that you guys put here in order to educate people like us that are naïve and too straightforward. I’m also a victim of the scammers and I really thankful for those who create this site that make me realize that I’ve been scammed. I also have learned something new here on how to find out the IP of my email sender. And guess what? I’ve found out that almost all the guys that contact me through Tubely, MySpace and Tagged are frauds. They claim that they are from UK and US but their IP shows they are not. Wow…It seems that the scammers are everywhere in the net!

I agree that we are actually not stupid but we are just naïve, caring, honest and too trusting that other people take advantage on us. At first of course I feel I’m stupid because of believing the scammers word and lost my money to them. Even though I’m in deep dept now because I have to pay the money that I loan to pay to “him” but I’m not feeling so much depressed now. Money can be found everywhere and the money that easy come can easy go. I considered myself donating that money to the needy. That’s how I comfort myself even though it’s a large amount of money and it will took years for me to pay back my loan.

For the scammers, let them have the money but they have to know that the money cannot last longer. Do you think they can survive with that money and do you think they will live happily with that money? Maybe they are fighting and arguing after they got that money and spent them in just in a click. But we can still survive right?

Anyway, I also want to thank those scammers, at least I do feel I’m loved and cared of…that’s how I feel when they contacted me. It is true that when we are in love we do stupid things; we deny the truth and believe in lies. Do you agree with that? They also teach us about trust and the importance of being cautious to whom we open our heart and give our love.

You know something guys, after I realized that I’ve been scammed I used the money that I have to take a vacation and enjoy myself shopping…to heal my broken heart…and I said to myself…yes I can still survive and enjoy my life…hahaha.

So enjoy our life…we are survivals in this challenging world. Forget the past and move forward. Maybe there are good things behind the bad things happen. I do feel good now.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Kumang@Princess

The Wild Geese
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby The Wild Geese » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:36 am

Bravo Princess! :applause: :applause: :applause:
Don't ever let these goat knock you down. Money given to the scammer is money lost forever! Yes money can be replaced but that devil who contacted you lost his chance of meeting a nice, caring and responsible woman. Anyway, you fall in love to the person in the picture who knows nothing about you. So charge everything to experience. Take care
Nothing wrong of being an Engr. as long as you are real. :-)

alessa
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby alessa » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:44 am

I agree with you 100% kumang71,it is very well said.... I was also scammed ,and I said to myself that i was stupid to fall for his trap,but i don't dwell on what happened to me ,it's only money,still can earned it,i have a good job ,friends and family that loves me.I leave it all to God ,He will surely make them suffer in one way or another..I believed and it has been proven..Now I have met 3 scammers and posted them on this site , this way i can help and warn people.The thing that happened to me makes me more cautious ,intelligent and strenghten my peronality :) ..Just came from vacation too....alessa

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:35 pm

It's so nice to read these testimonials and to know that this site has helped survivors. Thanks for posting, ladies.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

Quicksilver
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Quicksilver » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:44 pm

No I don't think I am stupid but hurt at present scammed out off money and yes Its only money.

He cleared me out and yes he even got my grandson money that I had saved for him not nice.

I have posted all his details so other women will not go through this but what won't kill us will make us stronger.

I have just recovered from breast cancer and was introduce to Tagged and this scammer who got my money I know I will survive because why should we let people like this take our power.

So I wish all you good woman and men that have a good heart and spirit they might think that they have won but oh no we have won they have to answer to someone one day.

It hurts like mad and we do get flash back and beat ourselves up but I keep saying to myself I am safe and I am well he could have taken more my life.

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:00 am

Thanks for posting Quick. You are truly a survivor.

duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duckhunter » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:15 am

I wanted to post and say something but didn't have the words at the moment...so how about this:

ditto

Strength and resilience are yours girl
:applause: :applause: :applause:
Help us keep scammers stupid Post his details here to warn others, then walk away without explanation. Confrontation alerts scammers & makes them change their identities...which makes all your hard work outdated. It messes with their minds if they don't know why you walked away.

liarshater
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby liarshater » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:47 am

I agree....I think the common link between all of us who are here is that we open minded and we care about people...It might make us intially more vunerable but not stupid...I am beginning to see that this is a fulltime job for these scumbags...they study us and clue in to our weaknesses...they are the preditors and we are their prey...they are evil!!!!...all we can do is learn from our mistakes and move on...doing our best not to become bitter and angry..but to directing our energy towards taking them out one by one in order to prevent another unsuspecting victim to suffer like we have....thanks to everyone who shares their experiences on this site..words cannot express how helpful it has been to me!!!
Thanks for the kind words, cause being a victim, i had this dilemma of hating myself to be so stupid. I agree, that good people are vulnerable to this evil criminals. Now, i will participate in this crusade, in all effort i can, from being a sponsor ( i will start soon!!) and also to counsel....but most of all..my prayers. Thank you for this web, and all the people behind supporting this, and all the participants whose common goal is to stop this crime and heal the victims!!!

zetaarnold
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby zetaarnold » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Hello and welcome, Liarshater:
Helping others is an excellent way to heal. :applause:
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark..." Shakespeare

terrrit
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby terrrit » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:42 pm

I want to say I am still so upset about being deceived and (I hate this word I know HATE is a strong word but when I say it I cringe) and Scammed I keep thinking about some black so and so spending my money,I know I will never get it back but I get so angry at myself for believing in someone so scandulous, it makes me miserable and so untrusting I feel if my family knew they would blame me even though it was my money I was saving. I have not written here but once before but I went back to school and trying to write a paper today THIS MEMORY IS DISTRACTING and I keep looking in the mirror still blaming myself. I have closed down that site that got me in this mess... if I would never have tried looking for a man on a web site listening to people I would atleast still have my money I know I will not say that naughty word that begins with a S and ends with a d . I find myself hating all nigerians and cursing them. I WISH I COULD GO BACKWARDS AND REVERSE GIVING MY MONEY TO THAT SO AND SO. I KEEP LIVING JUST TRYING TO FORGET IS SO HARD. I KNOW I WILL NEVER GET IT BACK. I do pray about it just trying to stay strong alone with this on my brain is sooo hard, wish I would have been smart enough to not talk myself out of what I knew deep in side of me. wISH I WOULD HAVE FOUND THIS SITE SOONER.... :cry:

duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duckhunter » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:05 pm

Awww terrrit, so sorry you were taken advantage of by a scammer. And it makes it so much tougher when you don't have friends or family to turn to. You can, however, lean on us for support. Most every one of us here have been scammed so we know what you are going through. Do not beat yourself up. Your good nature is nothing to be ashamed of. And being angry isn't a bad thing.....it's part of the healing process.
Help us keep scammers stupid Post his details here to warn others, then walk away without explanation. Confrontation alerts scammers & makes them change their identities...which makes all your hard work outdated. It messes with their minds if they don't know why you walked away.

Return to “Support and Advice.”