It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:25 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

How to convince someone they are being scammed?

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
Wingman182
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: How to convince someone they are being scammed?

Postby Wingman182 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:49 pm

Hello anewnash. First off I just wanted to say that my last post was not intended to prompt an update on your behalf. But the update is greatly appreciate. Also I want to say how sorry I am for the loss of your sister. And between her loss, your father, and now what is going on with your mother. You are going through more then your fair share of an emotional roller coaster ride. And you have my deepest sympathies.
Your update has also been very beneficial in shedding additional light on the situation.
One of the worst things that can happen to a parent is to loss a child no mater at what age.
My wife and I had lost a child during pregnancy nearly three years ago. He was just developed enough to where we could at least hold him and say goodbye. But being totally honest I still have not complete gotten over his loss either. And I have no doubt that your sisters death has effected your entire family even deeper.

But after reading this new information I'm not sure how much help we can be here.
We are all volunteers here who have had this crime touch our lives in one way or another.
R.S.'s specialty is in researching and exposing romance scammers along with education. And doing what we can to help emotionally support the victims through their healing process.
Unfortunately with your mother refusing to see her therapist or take the medication prescribed to help with her Bipolar troubles I don't know what more we can do.
On the brighter side of things at least she is not the incurable victim I had been thinking. So you do have a glimmer of hope here.
If you mother will not see her therapist perhaps you could. I know they can not speak openly about the specifics discussed with your mom. But if you were to inform them about the situation between your mom and these scammers. And the fact she is not taking her medication the therapist may have options that we do not.

Looks like keira may have been right. Isolate her from being able to communicate with any of these scammers until she is thinking more rationally. Or at the very least able to make better judgments for herself.

Good luck anewnash. And I hope you have a breakthrough with your mother before these criminals financially bleed her dry, and they will. After that they will tell her to take out loans and borrow from friends and family.
Just a heads up. I just wish there was something more I could say.
Wingman182 Pay It Forward

Re: How to convince someone they are being scammed?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Support and Advice.”