It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:35 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

I think I might be involved with a scammer from Facebook

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
POPOPOSO
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re:The Scammer of the oil rig... I think I might be involved with a scammer from Facebook

Postby POPOPOSO » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:24 pm

Heii Guys...
I have been contacted of one of those the same storie but was Kinda.

She says she works in a oil rig, at Amsterdam. I hesitate from her all the time.

She's Facebook is new, not with histories in time line, and family, school friends, work friends etc that posted in it a time ago...

She says he's parent died in 11 September and she hasn't brothers. She send me the Name of hes father, that not listed in the died of 11S.

I wanted to start a telephone conversation and she denied...

I tried to start a video chat, and she denied: She says, the oil rig was attacked by pirates and they thieve devices to the stuff as telephones, cameras etc.

The chat conversation start with Heii You!!! Over by the moment when booth say i love you, soon i say that I wanna fly to Amsterdam to meet to you (she denied). She says preferment i'll fly to your country. So i Invited to her to my home to check if we match for married cause i serious on this. Seams stranger but is the only way that she accepted a meet. Next she say to me, that she want to bring belongings from USA, she send me mail of delivery company. The hone of this delivery company start with +44 it's says a redirected number... And the message wanted from me 1000 dollars, to bring her belongings.

Re:The Scammer of the oil rig... I think I might be involved with a scammer from Facebook

Sponsor

Sponsor

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Re: I think I might be involved with a scammer from Facebook

Postby minerva » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:36 pm

that 100% scam. Please post her email ID, FB link, pics, the email texts bout money request, her phone number/ the courier phone number, etc. More detail you posted here more people will be safe.
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

janet.cox
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby janet.cox » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:17 pm

I have at least 3 maybe 4 scammers on line now how to i report and get these scumbags caught I have encountered 2 of the scammers whom I saw their pics on scammers Web sites I posted their pics on my Facebook page and warned people not to except request from them I blocked 1from hangouts and 45 min later he came back on my hangouts with different name and pic had to be him and even tho I blocked him he still has my email address and can still contact me plz help me in getting these deadbeat free loaders caught
I have 1 miltary and 3 oil rig
scammers they are like cockroaches when you turn on a light get rid of 1and 20 more pop up

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:13 am

Please report them here.
Post the fake profiles, email addresses, phone numbers, stolen pictures and messages in separate topics. Thank you and be safe online.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Wingman182
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Wingman182 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:56 pm

Hello janet and welcome to R.S.
First I would like to say that I am glad you were able to spot these criminals for what they are early. And that you had not become either emotionally and / or financially invested into their skeams.

I would also like to elaborate on Iguinka's post about where to report these scammers.
On the main forum page second large block down from the top you will find the appropriate forms.
As you'll will see they are in categories.
Scammers posing as males white or black.
Scammers posing as female white or black.
And a separate category for military profiles.
And please do report everything you can. The more information you can post the better the public can be warned about them. That's if they take just a minute or two to do a simple search.

janet
“ I blocked him he still has my email address and can still contact me plz help me in getting these deadbeat free loaders caught”
I'm sorry janet but if these are the typical type of romance scammer they will most likely never get caught or be served any form of justice. They operate for the most part from countries that turn a blind eye to their activities because of corrupt government and law enforcement officials.
The best anyone can do is safeguard themselves from them as best they can. And warn those they care about so they do not fall victim either.
If they continue to try contacting you through your email you may have to change that as well.
I know it's a huge pain, but in the end it could be time well spent.

Thank you for your post.
Wingman182 Pay It Forward

bobnavvy
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby bobnavvy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:19 pm

You cannot do a lot to make sure facebook have blocked the person but all you can do is block and report the profile. There are many many scammers on facebook. A quick way to know if they are a scammer:

Look at the pics, if these look at all professional or the fstop or aperture of the picture and see how the photo is taken. If it has a sharp foreground and a blurred background then it may be a semi pro pic which could be stolen from somewhere else.

Look at the date of the profile. If the profile has been created pretty recently then it has been created for a specific reason. If the profile name is the same as the name in the web browser address bar (for example www .facebook.com/some.body and it is a new profile they have created then I would question that because I would have thought they would have created the profile some time ago.. infact years ago which links to their name, and not very recently.

Look whats associated with the pictures. Look at the information they are giving to you. If he is working on an oil rig then which rig is it? whats the latitude and longitude of the rig? Which company do they supply? How much oil do they produce a day. What processes do they have to do on a daily basis? I know people who have worked on a rig and I know all this information.

If the profile pics are too good to be true, they probably are.

Bern-d-2018
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Bern-d-2018 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:43 pm

I'm a male and I had a similar situation on Facebook recently, out of the blue a woman, Marierose, contacted me on Facebook messenger, she said she was in Lome Togo arranging her father's inheritance. MSoon after she started chatting with me, she was was "in love" with me in as little as two weeks, I was not looking for romance. The chat ended after she asked for money and I said "No". I checked her photos on Google Images, I found nothing, she sent me a few more and I checked those too, those came back with no hits anywhere else. Unfortunately, I did send her a couple of my own photos and more personal than I should have given. She gave me no email or phone number. However she did look at my website and I was able to get an IP number from her landing on my website using her phone in Lome Togo which I checked here at this website (196.168.197.60) it came back on a scam list, which is great to know. I reported her to Facebook, but her profile is still up. This is her profile: https://www.facebook.com/marierose.johnson.73

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:21 pm

^^
Marierose Johnson
Lives in Bern
From Los Angeles, California
ImageImage
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Return to “Support and Advice.”