It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

What the REAL owners of the pictures say

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: What the REAL owners of the pictures say

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:57 pm

Caruso White-topic

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:54 pm
Ladies,

My name is Steve Caruso, I'm the one this guy is scamming. My cousin just called me this morning and told me to go to this site and I've read all of your comments. First let me say that I'm sorry this is happening to you! I'm a proud Army Officer who has been honorably been serving in the military for the past 26 years. All of the above photos are of me and my family. I can tell you that this has been going on for years, and it's the same person in Somali that is doing it. I'm not sure what I can do to stop this guy, he's got all of my photos and is on literally hundreds of websites scamming hundreds of women. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help, and agin I'm sorry this has happened to you,.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:39 pm

scammers with pictures of Koryna Ray - topic

Feb 02, 2017 6:44 am

Fake accounts on social media using my photos and sometimes even my name in an attempt to pick up man, engaging in conversations I would never engage!!! This is a serious ofense. If you come across anything like this please contact me ASAP using my CONTACT form at http://www.KORYNARAY.com or @KorynaMusic

Don't sent money nor engage in conversations with them.

I was notified almost a week by a man that there is a person on facebook named SABRINA ROLD :evil: who is using my photos in an attempt to pick up man. I am happy he was smart and googled the photos and found out that the photos belonged to me and that was just an impersonator.

HERE IS HIS MESSAGE.
"Good morning and sorry to bother like this. But I recieved several messages from someone who apparently is useing your information and trying to pick up men.
And thought you should know. Sorry for the distubance and inconvenient manner some people put on others.."

I AM NOT A MEMBER OF ANY DATING WEBSITE
S SO, IF YOU FIND PHOTOS OF ME THERE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW by contacting me at http://WWW.KORYNARAY.COM

THANK YOU!
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:02 pm

Gabriel Repetto

Feb 11, 2017 5:27 pm

Man having my photos being used by perasites to scam females sucks! I would not mind catching one of these @$!# ers and beat the crap out of them. I have been dealing with this for 9 years now and even had my FB profile deleted and loosing all my military photos.

mariko
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mariko » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:17 pm

I told one victim about who is the person in the photo. Then the victim attempted to contact the real person in the photo on Facebook by searching his name.

Then what happened was, she started chat with the RPO for a while and she was happy with it and not happy with my advise.

After a while, the victim came back to me, saying that the RPO was a perv, who asked her to send embarrassing photo to him.

I feel sorry to all the real owners of the pictures about their photo abuse, and I do not say every one are bad people. But scam victim should be aware that
- His/her lover was scammer and there is real person of the photo exists.
- But knowing that there is real person in photo exists does not mean that person in photo is good.
so that they can not expect same fantasy with the real owner of the photo.

Scammer info is here
http://romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 1&t=106810

Wingman182
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Wingman182 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:57 pm

Very well said mariko, and how so very true.
I am sorry that the victim you spoke of ended up meeting someone that was not nice. And I wish they would have listened to you in the first place. Because unfortunately even if this person was nice they would never have measured up to the fantasy the scammers had created. It's why we all stop looking for someone to meet once we are involved with the scammer in the first place.
The scammers fool us into believing that we have met that perfect person we had been waiting for. That person we can put all of our hopes, faith, and trust into. There is nothing wrong with this dream, it's something I think at some point we all do. But what the scammers to with that dream is so wrong it's beyond measure.

Your post is just one of the countless reasons why victims should never try to contact the real person in the photo. In the end it will only cause more pain and trouble for not just the victim, but the RPO as well.
Thank you for sharing.
Wingman182 Pay It Forward

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:41 pm

James Horvath

jamesisaturd » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi,
I am not sure If you will ever get this. I am so sorry someone used my pictures to scam you. I recently found the fake account when a friend asked me why I had multiple accounts. After some searching I found over 20 accounts using my pictures on facebook. I am sure there is more but I reported the ones I found and had them deleted. I wish you the best and again I am sorry. BTW, My real name is John.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed May 03, 2017 11:11 am

Ari Ggresten topic

Wed May 03, 2017 3:22 am

Hi. I am with this man for 6 years now. Somebody has been using his pictures, and lying about his age. We are aware of this recent events of people has been using his name and pictures. Somebody has been pretending to be him. Is there a way to stop this? This number is not his also.

mod reply:
There is no way to stop West Africans gangs from abusing pictures of innocent people. We can only hope that by reporting photos in here scammers will not get their profits and simply they will stop posing as people on the photos.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers with pictures of Koryna Ray

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:17 pm

July 15 2017
#ScamsWithKorynaRay Hey everyone! I just got another message last week, telling me someone else is using my photos and identity in an attempt to ask money from people under the pretext of dating!!! Note!!! If you ever come across anything like this, please go and report those users and also let me know. We need to join hands in an attempt to stop these impersonators from doing these wrong actions in my name. I NEVER IN MY LIFE ASKED FOR MONEY ON SOCIAL MEDIA, NOR FROM STRANGERS, NOR FROM FRIENDS OR ANYONE ELSE AND NEVER WILL! This is just PLAIN wrong! Please be aware of these SCAMMERS AND THIEVES AND REPORT THEM! Thank you for being so brave and not fall into this trap! Please share this in an attempt to stop this from ever happening again! Thank you! Love you all so much! #Scammers # ScamAwareness #Koryna Ray #KorynaMusic #Koryna #IdentityTheft #ReportThis #ScamsWithKorynaRay

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:37 pm

Ari G. topic

May 03, 2017 3:22 am

Hi. I am with this man for 6 years now. Somebody has been using his pictures, and lying about his age. We are aware of this recent events of people has been using his name and pictures. Somebody has been pretending to be him. Is there a way to stop this? This number is not his also.

MOD REPLY: There is no way to stop West Africans gangs from abusing pictures of innocent people. We can only hope that by reporting photos in here scammers will not get their profits and simply they will stop posing as people on the photos.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:37 pm

Andreev Butler - topic

Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:48 am
The man in these pictures was a good man. He died July 3. He is not the Scammer. He is a victim of someone stealing his pictures from Facebook. He has been wronged as much as you. The girl in the pictures is my daughter so I know. And her name is none any of the people have listed. Now when you google his real name it links to all this scam crap because the pictures link to his originals. These nut job scammers are in other countries and they steal people's pictures. I just hate that now if the real guy is googled my daughter and him have been subjected to this. Stop posting his pic. The man in the picture is not the man you are angry at. You will never find those people they are in Nigeria and other places. Keep in mind the guy in the picture and his family are victims of these scum too!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:17 am

"Lu Elissa Adeyinka" topic

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:27 am
My name is Lu Elissa and this person is using my pictures I didn't even know until someone tweeted me saying I'm a scammer! Very annoyed

PennaLady
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby PennaLady » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:21 pm

Most scam victim reporting sites require that the pictures get labeled "Used by Scammers" before they get posted. I think this would help reduce the dstress of the people whose pictures were stolen if that would be done with new posts. At least the person who finds his or her photo would know immediately that everyone viewing it would understand that the person in the photo wasn't willingly participating in the scam. If it would interfere with being able to search photos though, I can see why that couldn't be done here. The absence of human decency among scammers makes me sick.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:32 pm

PennaLady

You are partially correct. The truth is that watermarked pictures Google and other image search engines lead to the scam reporting sites which watermarked it but never to fake Facebook or dating site profiles or any other social sites like fake business websites, etc... It is kind of hard to scam-bust and report a new profiles without clean pictures and it is what we are doing beside taking members reports. Everyone who reaches to our site read our disclaimer at the Home page regarding stolen pictures.
Thank you for addressing your concern.

If you are victim of the scammers please post the info about the gang, block them and ignore. Be safe online.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

PennaLady
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby PennaLady » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Igulonka

Thanks for your response. I was suspecting that there was a reason you don't require watermarks. I've read so many posts in which the photo victim is posting without reading the info you have posted so many places and repeatedly throughout threads like this one. I suppose the shock of finding your picture associated with scammers would make you want to declare your innocence immediately. I've noticed how patient you and all the mods are when responding to such posts. You always are supportive and never seem exasperated that you have to repeat yourself again.

I haven't been scammed myself, so nothing to post to help others. I know that I am fortunate because anyone can be scammed. They are malicious and relentless.

Reeda247
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Reeda247 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:12 am

Yes after some soul searching and reading some of these posts, I realized pretty quickly that it would definitely be a bad idea to try to make contact with the real person in the photo. At first my knee jerk reaction was to find him and warn him, but what he really needs is to be left alone so I took down the posts and let this idea go. The scammer I dealt with didn't get any money out of me, but he did however get some semi intimate pics of me and tried to use them to blackmail me but failed miserably. Thankfully he was dumber than a girl Rosie I use to know who once looked up to the sky to see a dead bird and I managed to stay a step ahead of him, hence no photos to blackmail with. I just want to thank you for your opinions and I'm sorry for all the harrassment you guys and girls have had to endure because of these imbecils called scammers. I feel you all I really do, i'm always getting accused left right and center of things and men I know I definitely didn't and wouldn't do lol!! Even by the men themselves who swear they know me and I have to swear I don't!! Gosh!! So yes thank you for your what you've said and the apologies you have offered. God Bless

Return to “Support and Advice.”