It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

What the REAL owners of the pictures say

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: What the REAL owners of the pictures say

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:03 pm

David Frank topic

Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:12 am
I just found these pics and this site. These pictures are of my husband. I did the image search on google. I am just beginning to research this site. Can one of you please tell me how you found out these pics were being used in a scam and posted it on here? Thank you. Just trying to figure this all out!

Mod edit. The pictures were stolen by several different Nigerian scammers for to use in fake profiles.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:27 pm

Sweet K - topic

Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:03 am
I would just like to tell everyone that reads these post whoever is using these pictures & web cam footage have stolen these from facebook & the reason i know this is because the pictures are of my husband & daughter we have been tracking down their IP address in hopes that the FBI can track them down and take care of the matter for us. i guess the reason these scammers use my husbands pictures is because he is so sexy & my daughter is so cute i really don't understand why or how people can be so hateful to others & want to steal from anyone i just know what you give out comes back 10 folds. & karma sucks!!!!!!!!!!!! one day they will get theirs .

Mod edit. The FBI have no jurisdiction overseas in Africa/Nigeria :(
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:41 am

Unknown Victims Of Scamming - topic (referring to "scammers with pictures of Michail D."-topic)

Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:19 am
I understand that this site wants to inform people of the scamming that is going on, but no one ever sits and thinks about those of us who has had our pictures unknowingly stolen from us. This causes issues not only to the women that are victims to there seduction, but also to us who has had our photos stolen. I have served my country honorably for more than two decades just to have my good name tarnished in some sick, greedy, criminal activity. I have made numerous reports to the FBI and to these social media sites to inform them of the situation, so that they can try to keep tabs or maybe even track these criminals. I know that tracking is extremely hard, but not impossible. But it seems like the more I try to let people in authority know about this situation the more it seems like no one really cares because it wasn't their identity that was stolen. I have seen pictures of soldiers that were killed in action during combat and their pictures are popping up like no one cares. So my largest question is this: This site recommends leaving the profiles alone and not doing anything except informing people of the profile. That being said, that opens up more opportunities for these criminals to victimize other people. Do we let a criminal have a gun and just tell everyone around know he has a gun and not expect casualties? I feel that ultimately the cycle will not end until someone puts a stop to it once and for all. Any comments or opinions?

Mod edit. Our replies are here: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 13&t=74394" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:17 pm

Jack - jackson_5597@yahoo.com - topic

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:53 pm

Yeah, they are my pictures. They were fished off of an old MySpace profile that my ditzy ex-wife set up a few years back.
Yes, I'm in the Army now but the military pays for all my travel. There is absolutely no reason in the world for any single person to pay for my return trip to the States (the taxpayers as a whole have that covered).
I've been tracking the various incarnations of this for about 5 years now,
I've reported it to civilian police and military police but, since I'm not technically a "victim", I can't really file charges. I report profiles/sites using my name and photos whenever I find them but they tend to crop back up as quickly as I get them deleted.
If anyone is a victim of these scams PLEASE report them to the police.
NEVER send anyone that you don't know money.
The U.S. military doesn't charge us to fly home from our deployments.

Do I really look like a 47 year old!?!?!?!?!!!! Time to start using moisturizer.
If "ofancow" is who I think it is, I am currently stationed at a base that's only a few miles away from where we lived in 98. Send me an e-mail and I'll tell you where I am currently deployed to (and yeah, my return flight will be covered by the military, not by a woman who I meet through an online dating site).

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:06 pm
Pinky wrote:I've a feeling James won't find it funny when he learns of this. If you do find the real James, would you please reassure him that we're on his side? We know he's innocent and has not stolen money from innocent women only looking for a relationship.
Quite right, I don't find it funny at all.
I hate that people are being taken advantage of.
I hate that these scumbags are using sympathy for the military to rip good hearted people off.
I hate that my name and photos are being used to rip people off.

Never, ever, EVER send money to someone you don't know.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:14 am

scammers with pictures of Mark Holland - topic

Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:21 pm
Hey there!

This is a little awkward. I can confirm that these photos are stolen and that this is not Mark Holland- mostly because I am his son, Braeson (pictured at a much younger age in some of the photos).

Needless to say, most of the photos can be found through my/his Facebook pages -

https://www.facebook.com/mark.holland.58118?fref=ts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/TheGreatDutch?ref=ts&fref=ts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is really weird. I just can't believe someone would make all that up.

Either way. Cheers & best of luck in exposing other scammers!

Braeson

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:47 am

Mike Watson - topic

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:09 pm
I know the man on the pictures, not Mike Watson, but the real man on the pictures. He is my bestfriend. He is swedish. He feels really awful about all of this and he feels lost becuase he don't know how to stop this.

Me and my friend

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:40 pm

Patrick B. (from our FB Wallpaper)

5 hours ago · Edited
YES, YOU ARE BEING SCAMMED.

This is a public post for non-friends who have landed on my timeline during a search for their scammers. Yes, you are in the right place. It has come to my attention that a number of my old photographs are being used by romance and financial fraudsters.

To the best of my knowledge, the photos were stolen during a brief period long ago when my Google Picasa sharing settings were incorrectly set. The scammers seem to favor pictures from my military service in olden days (1989-92). However, there are some that include my family members as well. Please don't be fooled. I am the guy in those pictures. Anyone else using them is up to no good. They certainly don't love you.

I have reported four Facebook profiles in the last few days alone. People from South America, Europe, and the UK have alerted me to this situation. Unfortunately, Facebook is not always helpful in closing these criminals down. There is not a lot I can do about it. I'm sorry you are being preyed upon. My advice for you is to research the best way to manage your situation and seek competent legal help if your vital information has been exposed. I hope that you not have lost money or an emotional investment.

I wish there was a better way to nail these criminals. But this is our brave new world. Good luck.

patrick

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Roland Denson - topic

Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:50 pm
To everyone on this site who posted about Ronald Denson, he stole several of my pictures off match and plenty of fish.
I DID NOT WRITE ANY OF THE LIES ETC HE SENT YOU.
I live in california and have never been to Africa, Russia, and god knows where else he said he is.
I've had many scammers steal my pictures, and even had the gall to use them on the same site I was... i.e., Match and POF.

This is at least one of the sites I found him on:

Pages that include matching images
Romance Scam • Ronald Denson – smileheart100@yahoo.com

http://www.romancescam.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; › ... › White Males‎
Aug 19, 2011 - 10 posts - ‎5 authors
96 × 96 - I met this one on the speed-date site. He asked me to meet him on yahoo instant message forum. A few days after we started chatting on yahoo, .

FYI... if you utilize Google Chrome as your search engine, you can right-click on any of my images from any dating or other sire (and anyone else's oics) and see where they were heisted from... and know you are being scammed by a fake and liar!!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:16 pm

Sgt. Robbie Townsend - topic

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:56 pm
How is everyone doing? My name is Jayare. Someone on twitter got in contact with me and said someone was using my pics and last name (Haiungs) for a romance scam. If anyone had any contact with this f.ck please help me get in contact with him. Thank you.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun May 11, 2014 3:37 pm

Gary Stewart - topic

Sun May 11, 2014 2:58 pm
I would like to have contact with anyone that has been the victim of this Gary Steward. I am the real person behind the picture and have just become aware of this scam. If you have questions about my identity we can very easily resolve those when having contact. I am a public person so there is plenty of proof! You can email me on xxxx or send a message through this webpage. Thank you!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu May 22, 2014 11:16 am

Harvey Henson - topic

Thu May 22, 2014 8:31 am
This person has stolen my Identity, most likely from the Kissme.com.ua website mentioned in this thread. I have since deleted this profile, thanks to this lady, and this thread and website. A lady who was contacted by this person on POF.com contacted me and shared this information with me.
The real person is me, Ashley Coe.
If you find any more info about this scammer, using my identity, and my photos, please feel free to contact me on plenty of fish as Superseeker that is pof.com and let me know.
Keep all contact info of this person, and any info that you can gather about his true identity or where a bouts, if you can keep the contact going with this person before you confront him, or anything else, we may be able to track him down by IP address, email records or phone records and capture him. I will be contacting authorities to put this into action.
Thank you

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed May 28, 2014 10:13 am

scammers with pictures of Charles Briseno - topic

Wed May 28, 2014 10:10 am
Hello,

My name is Charles. I am the person that is being impersonated. please by all means report these people. I have found over 40 different fake profiles on facebook. I do value my privacy but I also value integrity and I hope that no one else gets scammed. I have received many emails telling me how they sent this fake person money and helped them. Today I even received a picture of a fake NY Drivers license. please email me if you have any problems with this impersonation.

Charles.r.briseno1@gmail.com

V/R

Charles Briseno

Secellia
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Secellia » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:02 am

I understand what you are saying. I have been doing this a long time now, and have been a member of this site for years. ( with auto sign-in, I lost my ID information with a new Computer ) . I now work on Facebook looking for fake profiles. I am helping to admin the page Scamming Scammers. One young man I encountered with stolen photos went as far to post his story on our page, and plea for help. Not all victims are like this. Many want them found.

Just my two cents

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:50 pm

Thank you Secillia. Feel free to post those fake profiles you find, here on RS. Since we're the biggest repository of accurately reported scamming profiles, Google searches find us faster and usually place us at the top of the list. We share a common goal, to warn victims, educate potential victims and impede the scammers.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:58 pm

Charles Shun - topic

Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:49 pm
Thanks for this website. Those photos are all of me. You can find them on Flickr and Facebook - under my name. You can Google photos now, so try a few and see who you get.

I suppose it is flattering that "Charles Shun" thinks my photos will be interesting, but be assured that I am real. He is not. And he just keeps reviving "me" under different names.

Return to “Support and Advice.”