It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

What the REAL owners of the pictures say

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: What the REAL owners of the pictures say

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:01 pm

Katty White - topic

Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:15 pm
Hi everybody i found this and i am so upset... this is the real me..
im sorry u guys were fooled and i now have found 3 different people impersonating me, there has to be something we can do about this?
Last edited by FrumpyBB on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: The answer is : Education on scams is all we normal citizens can do. :(
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:19 pm

scammers with pictures of Michael Barden - topic

Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:26 am
Hello, I'm the guy in the pictures. I am glad there is a site devoted to shutting down these scammers. I only wish that people would stop falling for the scams. My pics are out there and there's nothing I can do about that, beyond changing my security settings on FB and shutting down my MySpace, which I did many years ago. I will be sure to check back occasionally to see if there's anything new. I know my wife checks fairly regularly. Be safe. Be smart. If they're asking for money it's probably a scam.

The real Thom Barden
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:24 pm

Rhees Anna - topic

Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:31 am

This is actually me, there's about 20+ men involved and I'm freaking out about my pictures being used. I can prove its me...just let me know how...trying to figure out how to stop this...

Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:58 pm

Hi y'all, my name is Anna Rhees and I'm writing to tell you that I am the face of a scam that seems to be getting quite large. I have never nor will be on any dating sites...the scammer ruined that option for me. A lot of the details they are saying about me are correct because they seem to be trolling my social media accounts, however a lot are incorrect and I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable about the emails I've been getting from guys and the content they have included that they think 'I' have said. Anyway. This person or persons has been using a satellite phone with a Louisiana and a couple Texas numbers. They've been using variations of my name@ aol and yahoo and hotmail, all of which I don't have. Please don't send them money, please realize that when military members go on leave from overseas they don't need people to pay for it, it's taken care of from the military. Oh also I'm not in Africa, camp lemmonier, I'm not stationed anywhere, I'm not even active military anymore....I'm in the states and trying to gather any info to turn it in to the FBI Internet crime department. So yeah, please let me know if you have questions
At least one of these pics are being used...these are MY pictures.

and from a post by her on our FB right today:

Anna Rhees
Today at 3:13pm
If you guys could PLEASE post my story on here, I am still continuing to get emails daily from poor men that have been scammed by someone using my pictures. Some have sent the scammers thousands of dollars. I have exhausted my resources, from the internet crimes division, to CID, to local police. Education is the only option I have left.

Anna Rhees
xxx, they can't legally do anything unless they know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the person is in the military. I'm in the army, and have contacted CID, and once they found out it was an overseas scam they can not and will not do anything

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:56 am

Skye Shannon - topic

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:01 am
Hmm, imagine my surprise when, in the process of looking for an old pic, I come across this. Oh, allow me to introduce myself...I'm the "Shannon Sykes" in these pictures. If I had to hazard a guess, this person either stole them from either my old MySpace account or my Flickr account.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:37 am

Andrianah Darrell - topic

Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:23 am
These pics being used by both those names are my pictures. I was made aware of this yesterday. Yes my real name is dorrie h. and I'm from the uk. My pictures av been used for several sites which I hadn't given oermission. How do I stop these stupid scammers from niking my pics. I'm furious with them. Any help or advice b grateful or can I tallk to these people through the email links there is here?

Mod edit: OMG, contacting the scammers? Never! The Nigerian scammers grab pictures from anywhere from the net, social sites, anything. There is in fact nothing that can prevent them from doing this...she can direct victims to this topic if you wish, no need for her to explain scam victims anything, if they pester her again :(

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:25 pm

Jeff Sabiel - topic

Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:34 am
Howdy there all, I just google searched my name and found that Someone has used a bunch of my pictures to try and scam people, I'm really sorry about this.

fakey fb
https://m.facebook.com/jeffey.sabiel?_rdr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:04 am

Jack Posey - topic

Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:11 am
Wow! This is crazy! A friend of mine told me about Facebook having multiple profiles for me. So I did some investigating. Turns out a lot of my pictures turned up in scams and that is how I found this site. Thanks for all who have posted and please report anyone using my profile pictures. My Facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/brian.r.posey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:52 am

Eddie Strommen

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:58 am

My name is Eddie Strommen. I recently learned my name and pictures were being used to scam others out of their hard earned money. I'm terribly sorry this is happening. I'm shocked to see my pictures on this web site. All of these pictures are of me and were lifted from My Space and Facebook over the last few years. I've spoken to two women who were scammed recently. They both told me they tracked me down via Facebook. I have been actively working with Facebook to have all the fake profiles removed. At one time there were approximately 13 fake profiles with my pictures on those profiles. Occasionally one keeps popping up with my name stating I'm living in Texas City, TX. If you have been scammed and want information from me, you're welcome to contact me at eddie.strommen@gmail.com

Best Regards,

Eddie Strommen

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:37 pm

Jerry Cole - topic

Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:01 pm
This person Jerry Cole is impersonating ME! I am so angry and have found a number of FB profiles with my pics on them and had one girl say that he actually sent money to they because they said that "I" (him) was in an accident in Nigeria.

What can I do about this stuff? I'm so F'ing angry!

Sincerely,

one pissed off impersonated dude.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:15 pm

Mark Walter topic

Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:32 am
That SOB... he stole my pic! A pic that is nowhere near 46 years of age appearance :/
What a scumbag :(

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:54 pm

"Lovetommyonline" - topic

Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:52 pm
Comment from RPO on our FB

Tommy L. S.
Today at 1:16am
Some Nigerian guy has been using my pics for over a year now. He uses the email lovetommyonline@yahoo.com, and I don't know what I can do to make him stop or to turn him into authorities. Not only is he pretending to be a US Soldier, he's scamming people for money and making threats to them. Any and all help would be appreciated, it's freaking me out to know that someone is out there playing with peoples lives, pretending to be me.
Last edited by FrumpyBB on Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: I´m afraid there is really nothing one can actually "do" against this; ultimately, they will stop using known galleries, and grab the next one from the internet.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:30 pm

Laurice Clemson - topic

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:11 am
STOLEN PICTURES. I'M NOT LAURICE, not sure where he collected my pictures, Sorry for those who he scammed.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:26 pm

Annabel Lowery - topic

Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:23 pm
This is crazy people are using my pictures for their profiles!!! My name is Marinda L., not Anabel Lowery!! How does someone think it's ok to use pictures of me let alone, my son!

Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:34 pm
I feel horrible! I just had a guy track me down because he was contacted by a lady that wanted him to send money to him. He ended up doing an image search, found me and contacted me. I am really glad he made me aware of this. I knew it could happen but, I hope no one sent money to this lady!!!! :shock:

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:18 pm

Nades_45

MY PERSONAL PHOTO is being used to SCAM !! I'm innocent ...

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:54 am
I have my Profile and Photo up on Two Dating Sites , After Being Scammed by 5 different Men ( Never gave money , but blocked and cut them off as soon as they ask for Funds) I found this Wonderful site that shows us in detail of all the Scamming going on! I decide to search my own personal Photo on images.Google.com and was SHOCKED to see my Photo has been used and Set up with Fictatious names on 5 Different chats / dating sites See Below -
I am so Angry now , I had to Post this So that the Un-expecting Males out there , are aware MY Photo is also getting used to Scam !
How can I report this and have those Posts removed ? Please ADVISE and Assist me urgently -

Pages that include matching images [...]
Last edited by FrumpyBB on Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: All sites have a reporting function. Sad experience is, few will actually react. If you have a personal Facebook/anything, you could repost your above text right there, or guide people to here. IMO you don´t need to "do" anything beyond that.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Captain Justin, captainjustin44@yahoo.com

Postby Igulinka » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:52 am

Captain Justin Nash - topic
This seriously just freaked me out, why are my pics being used on dating sites. I feel totally violated.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Return to “Support and Advice.”