It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Liucheng Steven, 971-248-8590

African scammers posing as white men.
SoMuch12
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Liucheng Steven, 971-248-8590

Postby SoMuch12 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:31 pm

Thank you for sharing your story. I really appreciate your courage very much. How long were you texting him before he asked you for monetary help?

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

mara911
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mara911 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:23 pm

I recently had to travel to Seoul, South Korea for work. I am still here and have made contact with a friend of his and made arrangements to meet. The man in the picture is not a plastic surgeon but he is a too notch financial advisor. Yes he has worked in a couple of plastic surgery/ beauty clinics but only in the financial department. His friend is arranging to for us to meet him because I made his friend aware that not only Mr. Kangs pictures are being used but his as well. I will update everyone after the meeting has taken place.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:09 am

mara911

Our advice is to stay away from photo victims to avoid trespassing and possible arrest.
Low enforcement is trained to do it.
Victims should never contact another victims and we do not need updates.
Stay safe instead.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Rachelj788
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Rachelj788 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:12 pm

Name: James Hunuel/Hanuel/Hunnel
Line name: james_p12
Email: jameshanuel@gmail.com
From: Seoul, South Korea but often travels to Washington DC

met on hinge, asked me for my line ID. Said he was from a wealthy family, only child. Dad passed away a few years ago, mom diagnosed with breast cancer. No pets. Travels the world for work as a diamond appraiser for the “Seoul Gemological Labratory” which does not exist. He did FaceTime me once on Line, but “bad reception” it was a Asian man for sure and looked like him. There was a delay where his mouth moved but no sound, then you could hear a faint voice but the background noise was too loud. Then he ended it because of the bad service and messaged me like “so you believe me now?” These scammers are getting better!! Called me on the phone and the voice was an Asian man too.

Said he was coming to America, sent me a email showing the booking but was from a personal email address that he didn’t realize was showing. I looked up the name and it was a Nigerian woman.I am convinced the Nigerians have Asians working for them to scam people. Then he said his work demanded he pay $2,500 to replace him and if I had it because his account was frozen. Sent me a screenshot of the bank account-looks fake. Said the company wanted it in Bitcoin. Now of course I was never going to send it. He could tell I was pulling away and thought to get me back he wanted to show me he had my picture on his wall, clearly photoshopped After that I looked up his pictures and found this site. Because he video chatted me I thought he was real until the money issue.this is all the information I have. He also sent me videos of him on his birthday, in the Maserati and swimming in a pool. I feel bad for the real person or anyone that gave these lowlifes money.

nalla23
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby nalla23 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:01 am

He goes by Jun Seo or Kang-Seo Jun... doesnt know a single korean.

The story goes:
i was born in taiwan but we moved to uk when i was 7 so after losing my father and brother in a. car accident me and my mother lived together for 10years before coming back to Taiwan. am super single for 4 years now i lost hope in love. my ex girlfriend cheated on me with my best friend just 3 weeks to our wedding and she was pregnant for him. my dairy routine is waking up ,going to work after that i am home eat , watch movies or play games then sleep then repeat. i play golf on weekends. i dont have close friends because i don’t want to be hurt anymore well i lost hope in love but am trying to give love another chance hopefully i dont get disappointed again.

He claims to have english as mother tongue but he doesnt sound fluent and has somewhat chinese/korean accent. he only does phone calls and claims that he cannot do video call because he has phobia.. he was bullied in UK and was stripped of naked and got a video taken... he told me all this over the phone when i was so skeptical about him. haha i asked him for proof of his identity.. he went on with story about "if i give my passport, my ids everything, how would you feel? will you be happy?" but he never sent them saying that "he doesn't wanna force me to trust him because trust is something voluntary". he even asked me what kind of scam was i thinking and i told him scam money and he was "OFFENDED. saying, i disrespected his personality". he went offline for 2 days and claims to have collapsed and was admitted in the hospital. he never asked for money YET.

I just found this website via google image search and I'm not surprised my gut feeling was very right haha.

Funny thing, i know korean.. and there was 1 pic here that has the korean name of the real person. i told him "hey i saw this photo of you but your korean name, doesnt match the one on your nameplate on this picture" haha then I sent him a picture of this website.. he even have a collage of pictures of the fake accounts that pretends to be him haha daamn.

Hera
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Hera » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:03 am

Is there anyone know the real name and profile of this men?? Pls let me know more detail. Thanks!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:39 am

Look at post #1; yet, block and ignore all profiles that use this man´s pictures :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Hera
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Hera » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:50 pm

He still use Instagram profile.. wow they still cheated the other.

RawrXD_2000
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Liucheng Steven, 971-248-8590 / Jihu 424-261-0344

Postby RawrXD_2000 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:07 am

I came across him on Facebook Dating. He goes by “Jihu.” He claims to be He was born in the states but was living in Korea up until a few years ago when his father died and left him his construction company. He also said he hasn’t dated in over two years because he lost his last girlfriend in an accident.
I had a gut feeling from the start since his English was pretty bad and his responses were a little weird. He says he’s a Christian man and fasts almost every Monday. I’m attaching a few of the pictures he uses and his current number 424-261-0344.
He also says he’s a golfer and sent me super short videos of himself golfing in Korea.

Crystalpig
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Chris Soo - Chrissoo351@gmail.com

Postby Crystalpig » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:12 am

Name: Chris Soo
DOB: 9/3/1986
Instagram: Chris_soo56
WhatsApp: +447537135004
Email: Chrissoo351@gmail.com
Ethnicity/Nationality/Current location: Korean born Canadian, lives in Birmingham, UK, current works in Istanbul, Turkey
Job: Building Engineer Contractor

He goes by the name of Chris Soo and he approached me on Instagram on (8/7/2021). He said he lost is parents at a young age due to a car accident and was raised by his aunt in Vancouver, Canada. He is not close to the rest of his family. After a few days of talking, he traveled to Istanbul, Turkey for a contract job, where he supposedly had his money and personal items stolen at the job site. He then asked me for help but I couldn't trust him enough to send him money so I made up excuses to not being able to help. We spoke on the phone twice and he had a deep African accent and I couldn't understand why, but it all makes sense. I tried to video chat him twice and I though tit was weird that he showed a screen of his photo but never his face. Then he came up with the lame excuse that he has a phobia of being on the phone. When I didn't send him the money, he asked for an iTunes gift card which I stupidly sent him. After sensing something going on where he continued to follow more Instagram accounts, I asked him about it and he said I should trust him, so I asked one of my girlfriend to add him and talk to him. He fell for it and she sent me the screenshots of their conversation. I confronted with the screenshots a few days ago and he blocked me on Instagram and WhatsApp. I reported his Instagram page. I felt so stupid for falling for his scam. I hope no one else get scam like I did.

mrod1402
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mrod1402 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:39 pm

approached me on Hellotalk language exchange app
using the name JIWON JOH
claims to be from korea but has lived in New York his whole life
but for someone whos lived in the states his whole life can barely put english sentences together.
asked a few basic questions on there asking for a friend to help with english

then asks if I have Kakaotalk ( which I do since I travel to korea often for work)

uses ID : Jiwon000011

hellotalk doesnt allow you to have photo album so people can only see your profile photo, immediately after adding me on hellotalk he must have looked through my photos because right away he started with the " you are so beautiful, and look like a woman I would love to marry talk"
also like within the first minute he asked what i did for work and if i was married, when i said i wasnt married he asked how long i had been working. I replied since i was young. so he said i must have alot of money saved up if i had been working that long and that it was odd that i hadnt gotten married yet since i had a house, cars and was financially stable. i always blew off those comments. didnt really engage in deep conversation with him as i knew there was a 98% chance this dude wasnt real. When he asked for photos of me i told him i wasnt comfortable sending photos to someone i dont know since there are alot of fakes online, he almost ALWAYS had a photo to fit the scene of what he was doing..."im on my way to work" and like 10 minutes later hed send a video of himself driving in his car. "im washing up and getting ready for bed"....a little later photo in his robe in the bathroom brushing teeth. says he lost his family when he was young so he has no family, and no friends which he uses to try and get close to you. using the im lonely please be my friend tactic.

I changed my profile photo to one of my dog and then he tried using his dogs to seem relatable i guess. sent me photos of himself with some dobermans.

says his job is a Gemologist. and that he has a business in Perth Australia...something about diamonds and gems.

I am fluent in korean, so when i was busy and didnt want to type I would send a voice note using korean and he would never reply, then hours later would message me with the "sorry i got busy" line. which leads me to believe this isnt even a korean person using these photos as they dont understand the language.

is VERY VERY adamant about having "feelings for you" and "youre perfect" bs when i was literally so cold and short and not very kind. i searched the name on the app that he found me on and theres another girl who posted saying shes received messages from 3 different accounts using the same photo.

stay safe ladies. remember reverse image searches on google are so easy. thats how i found this forum

oreocrumbs
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby oreocrumbs » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:39 am

sorry if my english is bad, but I wanna share what I've been found too

he suddenly add my instagram account, his username is @choisungar_an

his whatsapp number is +1(618)8276166
he claimed that he's 28years old, living in texas with his uncle,
his job is real estate manager,
his father is malaysian and his mother is korean,
his religion is muslim,
he tell me that he's born in kuala lumpur, when he's 4years old his father died, then he moved to US in texas,
he also said that he have a twin brother and sister same age as me, 25years old.

he said he's been in indonesia before meeting his girlfriend, but after they meet turn out she was cheating on him, a guy come insulting him, so he's leaving indonesia as soon as possible after that. he have an trauma

at first I feel so suspicious, if that photo is his truest face, why he want to find an asian girl like me? I mean, he can find another pretty girl around him in his place, or find another korean girl that match his style..
his english is not really good too.. I found many typo or incorrect word in his chat.. if he's really live in US, his english will be good right?

but I still keep trying to contact with him, to know how far he'll be.. I'll keep updating next~

this is another photos he send me

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:00 am

His IG PP

to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

Gustav
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Gustav » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:07 am

hello, now this person has a new Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/afful235/
On this page, he introduced himself as Джихун.said that he now lives in Russia and works as a doctor. But he said he would go to Korea in October

Deleted User 104022

Bookmark and Share

Re: Jin Kai, jk56 (kakao), jin.kai318@gmail.com

Postby Deleted User 104022 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:28 pm

I have a feeling hes a scammer, Gosh just wasted my 1 week, and my tinder account cause we have to delete it.

Return to “White Males”