It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:15 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
RESEARCH SCAMMERS BY NAME
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

RESEARCH SCAMMERS BY EMAIL

Staff Sgt. Laurence Thompson, laurencethompson11@yahoo.com

African scammers posing as military personnel.
Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:35 am

very nasty scammer, booted off DnM

username: laurence3119
emails: laurencethompson11@yahoo.com or markmarkwilson@yahoo.co.uk
IP: 93.186.22.248 - he is on a mugu-blackberry

he is also on datecover
datecover.com/dcp/2880812N03765TS88I2856ZZ/28936.htm
but location over there is Florida, US

Description:
I am a simple going man that likes to have fun, be active and enjoy life....In person, I'm a very romantic man who like to enjoy life, I have a great sense of humor, I can be a serious person a times....but a serious person who laughs in the midst of ups and downs of life. I have realized that life is made up of different seasons and each one is more enjoyable when I can see the humor side of things, I have a wonderful Daughter that I cherish so much, her name is Chloe, she's 16 now, will be 17 by Nov.......I was married for 9yrs, things get bad between us and we divorced, and I think now is the right time for me to look for someone to settle down with again.....I like being outdoors, going to the coast, camping, Fishing, during the winter, I go into the mountain and play in the snow and definitely love to spend time with my lovely Daughter too.
I won't settle for nothing less than what I want in a relationship, I think good relationship are built on communication, friendship and compromise....I love affection and give just as much as I get, I hate playing games so if you can't be honest then it won't work.

mugu-message:

Here is a little about me ....I am a simple going man that likes to have fun, be active and enjoy life....In person, I'm a very romantic man who like to enjoy life, I have a great sense of humor, I can be a serious person a times....but a serious person who laughs in the midst of ups and downs of life. I have realized that life is made up of different seasons and each one is more enjoyable when I can see the humor side of things, I have a wonderful Daughter that I cherish so much, her name is Chloe, she's 16 now, will be 17 by Nov.......I was married for 9yrs, things get bad between us and we divorced, and I think now is the right time for me to look for someone to settle down with again.....I like being outdoors, going to the coast, camping, Fishing, during the winter, I go into the mountain and play in the snow and definitely love to spend time with my lovely Daughter too.
I won't settle for nothing less than what I want in a relationship, I think good relationship are built on communication, friendship and compromise....I love affection and give just as much as I get, I hate playing games so if you can't be honest then it won't work.

A little about my job, I have been in the Army for a very long time now, I was in iraq before they moved out all the troops, I got deployed here in Kabul about four months ago, I'm a Staff sgt. and I love my job coz I love protecting the civilians from this wicked world full of terrorist......I have to stop here now, take care now and God bless.

This is some of the crap he sends:

> From: "UNITED STATES ARMY" <homepaidleaveinquiriesinafghan@presidency.com>
> Subject: LEAVE REQUEST NOTIFICATION
>
> Dear xxx,
>
> I'm sgt. Alexander Farnado Gabram, Human Resources Officer of Home paid Leave Grant Department of the United States Army.
>
> You are advised to fill and get back to me with the attached form in the email and be aware a copy of it will be sent to the payroll office.
>
> Once you provide us with this information you are no longer anonymous to us.
>
> We protect your privacy and we do not insist that you provide extra personal information than necessary. Incase you dont have a scanner, you can fill in below and would Automatically be printed on the form.
>
> LEAVE REQUEST FORM
>
>
> 1. NAME OF EXPECTANT:
> 2. HOME ADDRESS:
> 3. PHONE NUMBER:
> 4. OCCUPATION:
> 5. ANNUAL INCOME:
> 6. RESIDENCE DESCRIPTION:
> 7. SERVICE MEMBER's NAME:
> 8. RANK:
> 9. RELATIONSHIP WITH DEPLOYED OFFICER:
> 10.REASON FOR LEAVE REQUEST:
>
> I CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE INFORMATION GIVEN IS CORRECT AND PROPER TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE_________________
>
> The Payroll officer in-charge will add 15days to the officer's Military Leave balance. This will allow the timekeeper to enter the Military Leave hours in HRSA. The earnings codes are MIE for officer's who are currently on assignment.
> The payroll office will monitor that the officer has Military Leave entered in HRSA has active orders for that time period.
>
> All information collected will not be used for any illegal activity. The information is what we are going to use to register your name with the DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE OF THE UNITED STATES ARMY.
>
> Get back to me within 24hrs
> Best Regards,
> Sgt.Alexander F Gabram.
>
> DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE,
> THE UNITED STATES ARMY
>
> Copyright © 2007-2012
> All Rights Reserved.

====================

Dear xxx,
This is to notify you that we got your Information's Via email and it would Automatically Unprinted on the Home paid Leave Form for you for Proper records.
The request for Home paid leave of your Army Man 'SGT Paul Roberts' is currently close to being granted leave by the UN under the Defense Section B of Decree 202 on absence from Duty with Voluntary Permission from the services duty.It should known that the Home Paid Leave process is handled by the UN and the Red Cross due to the fact that Your Army man isn't going on an official assignment or on completion of his deployment.
The UN thereby request a sum of One thousand, Five hundred and fifty United States Dollars.(1,550.00 USD) for his LIBERTY PASS ID,TRANSIT PROCESSING,CARGO AND FLIGHT to complete the home paid leave process of "Sgt Paul Roberts".
The sum should be remitted to the UN head Quarters office in Florida, in which payment information would be issued out to you as soon as your ready to make payment and As soon as payment is done get back to me with all necessary details of payment.Thanks and have a wonderful day Ahead.
Best Regards, Sgt.Alexander F Gabram.
Fax Number -
1 (620)-307-0419HOME PAID LEAVE GRANT DEPARTMENT

================

but markmarkwilson@yahoo.co.uk leads to his real mug on FB!! :twisted:
http://www.facebook.com/olugbenga.bobade" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Olugbenga Bobade
Worked at COM EXECUTIVE INN
Studied at University of Jos
Lives in Ibadan, Lagos, Nigeria
Engaged
From Ado-Ekiti

SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

thompson smith, thompsonsmith96@yahoo.com

Postby Marisa » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:17 am

en.netlog.com/thomponsmith

thompsonsmith96@yahoo.com

Name
thompon smith
Date of birth
12/02/1965
United States

Hello,how are you doing today?am here looking for someone that will make me happy for the rest of my life

Hello and thanks for the reply......i will like to know you the more......you can add me here so we can chat.......thompsonsmith96@yahoo.com...

SCAM FREE DATING SITE

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: thompson smith, thompsonsmith96@yahoo.com

Postby Marisa » Tue May 01, 2012 4:26 am

Received: from [10.176.197.1] (thompsonsmith96@41.220.75.171 with login) :thinking:
X-AMS-Scanned: mail from: 10.176.197.1 to 98.136.86.110 on Apr Mon 15:35:45 2012
by smtp125-mob.biz.mail.ac4.yahoo.com with SMTP; 30 Apr 2012 07:33:40 -0700 PDT

Am Looking for the woman to spend the rest of my life with and have fun with in everyday happenings.I Finding it harder and harder to find a sincere person that is willing to give as much as they take.....i will like to chat with you on yahoo messenger....you can add me here.....thompsonsmith96@yahoo.com....wait to here from you
I like a trustful and honest relationship that could lead to marriage and a peaceful home together,

41.220.75.171 - Nigeria
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Staff Sgt. Laurence Thompson, laurencethompson11@yahoo.c

Postby Marisa » Tue May 08, 2012 12:17 am

haha, mugu is not happy!!!

got this from him:
Received: from [41.206.15.37] by web132106.mail.ird.yahoo.com via HTTP; Tue, 08 May 2012 00:18:33 BST
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 00:18:33 +0100 (BST)

Ms. Marisa,

I am writing to make a formal complaint against Romance Scam. My complaint is that you have included my persona as a scammer when you post “Staff Sgt. Laurence Thompson, laurencethompson11@yahoo.com”.

My complaint is that I am an honorable person who maintains a good reputation in my community, and who is not involved in any kind of scamming. I don’t understand how you led this to link my Facebook account to the email accounts that you mention in your post.

Mostly I access to my Facebook account through my personal internet connection, which IP doesn’t correspond to the one that you mentioned, and sometimes I upload my photographs from an ex-co-worker’s Blackberry.

This situation has caused me an irreparable damage to my reputation, my family, and people who is around me who have been affected by this defamation.

In my view, you should immediately remove such post and place and apology instead. And I recommend you that before posting anything, you double-verify the authenticity of the information that you have.

I understand that you will respond formally to my complaint. I shall follow up this letter if I do not hear back from you by the end of next week. In the meantime, if you need any further information, please write to me at the address shown.

I look forward to hearing from you in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,
Olugbenga Bobade

After his real mug was posted, he quickly changed his email on Facebook, in order to prevent the email markmarkwilson@yahoo.co.uk from pointing to his real profile. But thanks to Spokeo that STILL continues showing old Facebook records, even after the profile on FB is being changed, we can see that email markmarkwilson@yahoo.co.uk was pointing on FB to his mug:

SCAM FREE DATING SITE

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Tue May 08, 2012 12:46 am

my reply to him:
Appology???? You are a miserable stinky scammer and YOU KNOW IT. You think you can quickly change your records on Facebook, so it doesn't point to your real profile and get away with it?? E-mail markmarkwilson@yahoo.co.uk is YOUR email. and even if you change it millions of times, Facebook has records of it. And Spokeo still holds the old records, which email was used at registration. And you tried to register on my dating site with that email markmarkwilson@yahoo.co.uk - placing a fake profile of a military. I also have records of it.

Get lost and stay away from my sites. I am not your maga.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue May 08, 2012 1:36 am

A soldier scammer from Accra, Ghana asking for an apology - shows these criminals have no morals.

^^This is what you ladies get behind the innocent man´s pics :(
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Tue May 08, 2012 2:44 am

He is from Ibadan, Nigeria, but it doesn't matter, he really pissed me off!!! :evil:

He says: "before posting anything, you double-verify the authenticity of the information that you have." That's EXACTLY what I did!!! Mugu cannot even imagine that there ARE dating sites out there which do a background screening of their members, and will actually compare email used at registration against emails at Facebook!! Even in his nightmare he couldn't imagine that!! :twisted: :applause:
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Tue May 08, 2012 2:57 am

markmarkwilson@yahoo.co.uk:

also on Tagged:
http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5417543243" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mark W, 41
Meridian Bank, PA

Mark W

Of course, he is going to delete this profile now or say "I didn't place it". :twisted:

And another thing - how did mugu find this topic? I don't think he Google's himself day and night. :disagree: I am sure some victim showed him this topic, instead of coming here and adding information. ugh...
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue May 08, 2012 10:30 pm

Email header of the email where this Nigerian criminal demanded to take his report of proven scam off:
<timothybobade@yahoo.com>
Received: from [41.206.15.37]
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 00:18:33 +0100 (BST)
Reply-To: Timothy Bobade <timothybobade@yahoo.com>
Subject: Romance scam crew..

This Nigerian scammer is a nite owl ;)

Please do never tell scammers they are listed here.

This particular mugu has become a pest now :(

I´m ignoring him :) just posting more scam proof. Email text was the same as above BTW, he is lazy and just resent the threat.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Wed May 09, 2012 1:52 am

hahaha, it's like "if Mommy says NO, go ask Daddy" :mrgreen:
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

afriend
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby afriend » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:24 pm

Here is a few more for the gallery...

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:15 am

michael385 on fishmeetfish

michael385 Profile: looking for my princess
Age & Gender: 46 Year Old Man

About Me
I am kind of a man who doesn't play with honesty,faithfulness,loyalty,commitment,truthfulness and communication in a relationship.I like reading,music and sport.

junkmail:
Hey can we chat?
My email is michealsantos385@yahoo.com. you can leave your email too.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:49 pm

michael385 on fishmeetfish

gave me a different yahoo ID :lol:

You can send me a request on yahoo messenger through this yahoo ID santosmichael354

khloe
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby khloe » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:12 pm

Hello:

This is the Nigerian passport of this scammer. Do you know how we can proceed with this guy?

Is there any way in which we can legally proceed against this scammer?

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Steven David, stevedavid1964@yahoo.com

Postby Igulinka » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:02 am

khloe

Welcome to RS once again after long time. Please tell us how did you obtain the copy of the passport? Did he confess because he wanted to get US visa ?
I am sorry but for legal procedures you would need to contact EFCC Nigeria but they are so corrupted that I hardly believe justice would be served. US law enforcement has no jurisdiction and no extradition treaty. For prosecuting you would need to be present in Nigeria and this is the most danger part of it.
Also you would need to have proof of scam that you were defrauded by this particular criminal or his IP must match with the fake name's IP.... Also punishment for scammer is like a slap on the hand since everyone profits from their crimes....
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Return to “Military scams”