It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 7:56 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
RESEARCH SCAMMERS BY NAME
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

RESEARCH SCAMMERS BY EMAIL

Micheal Ilario; <ilariomicheal@yahoo.com>

African scammers posing as white men.
IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:54 pm

Username: mic19

Email: ilariomicheal@yahoo.com

User IP 41.155.3.200

STARCOMMS-20081218
Dial pool subnet for Lagos subscribers
Admin IT
Plot 1261C, Bishop Kale Close, off Saka Tinubu

Full Name
micheal ilario

About me
kindly ask me..

Come from
United States

City, State, Province
jacksonville

Marital Status
Single

Ethnicity
Native American

Occupation
antiques

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

Sponsor

Sponsor

freemom67
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Nicholas Draper nicdraper52@gmail.com

Postby freemom67 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:27 am

Fabulous introduction to online dating. I signed up for match and CM on Saturday. Nicholas Draper emailed on Christian MIngle and I responded. He then deleted CM profile stating that "young girls were posting erotic messages". Fortunately my family has military background (suspicious)and with a little digging found this website.
Here is what he posted
<nicdraper52@gmail.com>

Email said that he is 51 and currently stationed in South Korea..E-9 SGM on a peacekeeping mission from the UN..select team of 30 men. 30 years in the military, One year in Gulf War in 1990..brings him much pain..widowed 6 years ago..both parents deceased..mother from Australia father from NYC/Hungarian). All alone in the world. After 21 months abroad going to finish mission in 3 months retire and return to Nashville, TN..wants to start over and relocate with love of his life. Sounds like every other Draper story on your website.
Second email he sent rapidly fell apart and it was clear that English was not the first language spoken.
Doing my best to help others. I have not seen these pics elsewhere and I have looked pretty hard.
Fortunately nothing lost on my end except a couple hours of late night emails.
Be careful.

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Nicholas Draper nicdraper52@gmail.com

Postby Myra » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:03 pm

pics on google+ are mixed ...

they show the guy posted here and
this one
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 49#p296649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Julestein
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

jimwmccarthy@yahoo.com

Postby Julestein » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:59 am

I was just scammed by the same people using this pic...jimwmccarthy@yahoo.com on Match.com. Similar story as above. Nothing lost on my part as there were so many inconsistencies. I feel for the individual in the pics and hope he's not severely affected by these bored and selfish people!

Please note for military related scammers: these people are clearly not educated with our military. "Jim McCarthy" was an E-9 SGM in the Army but used the rank insignia from the Marines which the author changed to the generic Army logo while messaging me. Also, the shirt worn in the pic above is not from the Army!

The most obvious inconsistent issue (besides the pathetic grammar) was the ever so entertaining list of "degrees" and "undercover mission" for the Prime Minister of Iraq....yeah, right because every military personnel shares their assignment and mission details openly....with a complete stranger....on line...located on the ever-traceable internet...because we're gullible Americans that will believe anything that served on a beautiful platter.

The very first flag for me was the pics combined with the floury words...the style of language does not match the man in the pic. And the horrible grammar does not match all the education and accolades.

Always be alert. If you have even a grain of doubt...trust it! And if it seems too good to be true...it probably is!

Take Care and Be Aware!

Here's another photo...thanks for all you do.

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: jimwmccarthy@yahoo.com

Postby Myra » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:40 am

thanks for the update Julestein :)
and welcome to RS!

here his yahoo avatar

onlyme13
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby onlyme13 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:30 am

I believe this same person is now using maccrthy nicholas <nicholasmaccrthy@yahoo.com> and nmccarthy40@yahoo.com (when I questioned why I got the 2 requests on YM he said the second was an old account...same avatar image different angle) Under the first email I got the same basic story and pictures. I am still waiting verification that the email addresses are ones of scammer (by another means) but after seeing this, I am almost certain it is!

text from email:

I work in the US Army as a peace keeping soldier. Even at this moment of being in communication with you, am on a mission with my troops here in Libya now. We've been here 8 months 2 weeks now and will be out back to the STATE in 8 weeks times because am working on my retirement paper

I'm a citizen of Italy but was brought to USA at the age of 12 years old, Due to the lost of my parent at the early age my uncle was the one who take care of me then .

I lived in Ohio But ready to relocate when I find that my special woman in my life,Someone who is ready to build a happy home with me and show the real man in me .

I fought in the gulf war to liberate Kuwait from autocratic rule of the
late Saddam. I had a pretty bad experience. I am also an E-8 Staff
Sergeant (SSG) . I also act as a platoon sergeant in the absence of the Sergeant First Class.
I am the leader of my squad. I am a non-commission
officer and I work in the junior management of the military. As matter of
fact sounds great communicating with you back home and me back here in
Libya and hope things get to change from one stage to another.. Actually,
we are not allowed to communicate with outsiders because of security
reasons but I need a woman for myself as my retirement is just very close
and can't be home all alone. A woman that will be there for me and I will
be there for her too. I will not be able to call you because we are not
allowed to communicate with outsiders on phone. Everything is monitored.

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Andrew McCathy, andrew_mccathy@yahoo.com

Postby Myra » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:48 pm

approach on christiandate 'Goodthinker'

age 48
claims to be from Austin, TX, USA
Contractor
currently living in Texas City, Texas

Texas, United States

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Andrew McCathy, andrew_mccathy@yahoo.com

Postby Myra » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:53 pm

same pic, just clipped on
meetra.com

Goodthinker
43 ans
California, USA

Honesty is my pride and determination ; I am man that is so determine and passionate about what i search on here and wish that who ever...

caption of the pic = goodthinker_279

find him on twitter, pity without pic
Good Thinker
@goodthinker279
Money.Idea.Community .Glory.
Malaysia

1lonelyone2014
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby 1lonelyone2014 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:40 pm

This person also goes by the name James McCathy ... on yahoo messenger as jamesmccathy and jamesmcccathy@yahoo.com. Claims to be a Sargent in the Army but has photos in Navy uniform. Has already gotten $10,000 from me and wanting more. States a widower from Maryland with a daughter in boarding school in London.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:51 pm

1lonelyone2014

Welcome to RS. I am so sorry you didn't find us earlier. Truly sorry for your financial loss. Please file IC3 complaint .
They are not widowers but African criminals from internet cafe.

Please post info where money was requested to send and also by whom.Let us know what kind your info they have on their dirty hands.

You need to BLOCK them and IGNORE without saying another word to West African scammers.Stay safe!
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

1lonelyone2014
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Micheal Ilario; <ilariomicheal@yahoo.com>

Postby 1lonelyone2014 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:16 am

The person in these photos is still online and using the name James McCarthy a Sargent in the Army and yet his pictures are Navy. He is still asking for money stating that his wife passed away about 5 years ago and has a daughter named Betty who is in a boarding school in London. Claims he is from Maryland and still needing money.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Micheal Ilario; <ilariomicheal@yahoo.com>

Postby Igulinka » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:00 am

1lonelyone2014

Please know it's not the man from the photo asking for money. The photo is stolen and people who ask you for money are Africans from Nigeria or Ghana.They do it because they face futures would never attract western world people seeking relationship online.

Please help us to save others and post his email , Skype, link to the dating site...anything you have .
Then BLOCK and don't listen to another lie.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Daisy99
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Daisy99 » Fri May 29, 2015 8:33 pm

I have been chatting to a man online claiming to be 46 divorced with one daughter. He apprantly lives in Washington dc and deployed as a us soldier in Lagos Nigeria he found ne randomly on Facebook. He is using the name Richard Wesley. I've heard his voice and it was not a American man at all. The phone number he used was 002347069529069

Daisy99
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Daisy99 » Fri May 29, 2015 8:35 pm

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Sat May 30, 2015 2:14 am

Daisy99

Thank you for the update on Nigerian rats abusing pictures of this handsome man and his family. We do not have our military in Nigeria which is too bad because this country needs our hard hand.

If you are able to post link to his Facebook please do it :) Otherwise BLOCK and IGNORE them.

Return to “White Males”