It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

scammers with pictures of Mark Gervais

African scammers posing as white men.
jaga
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby jaga » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:51 am

clone;
Datanta.fr/user-view_user-277076.html
Pascal
I'm a man from Rennes
Marital status: Widowed
I'm looking for woman
I am looking for a nice lovely woman with whom to trust and form a good couple
In: France Brittany Rennes

Brief description: Well I'm very nice
How I am: Honest, quiet, generous, sweet, friendly

Image Image
Last edited by Myra on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected datanta link

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

JanetWilliams1
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Mark Dorsey (Robinson)

Postby JanetWilliams1 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:14 pm

He is now going by Michael Ringers. Although now he is from San Francisco and is stranded in the UK on business and can't get home. Stupidly I sent him $2500 thinking it was a short term loan. He is a total scam and now asking for money from women. He's really good.... beware.

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Christoph Nagel - my.mail.ru

Postby Myra » Mon May 01, 2017 10:35 pm

Christoph Nagel
Age 53

already a RS customer ;)
Last edited by FrumpyBB on Mon May 01, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: All merged, thanks for notifying.

RacheliS
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

David Anderson - davidsson332@gmail.com

Postby RacheliS » Wed May 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Contacted me through Match.com. Age 57, lived in a suburb about a half-hour from me, graduate degree. Profile was well-written, as was his first message. Second message was obviously someone whose first language is not English. In his second e-mail to me, said he was Brazilian, a senior engineer in the US, wife died from complications from pneumonia (no year or time frame). Has a daughter, Olivia, age 20, also studying engineering in Brazil, and she lives with his step-mother. Both of his parents are diseased. Attached 3 photos and asked for mine and my phone number. Said he likes to cook and dance and perhaps could teach me some Samba moves. Said he planned to retire in the US and had inquired about a 2nd home visa by owning some property in the US, and was very busy with that paper work.

First message was brief and generic, which I noticed, but wasn't necessarily an alarm-- although he did include his personal e-mail address. Some guys who are legit will do that, but it can mean it's a scammer, they're trying to get off of the Match site as quickly as possible. He said he liked my smile and profile, we seemed to have a lot in common, and maybe we could have coffee sometime. I read his profile, and wrote back,also briefly, thanking him for his nice message, yes, it did sound as if we had a great deal in common, and coffee would be fine sometime. (I used an e-mail that I have for situations such as this, when I don't know the person, and it only indicates my first name.)

As described above, I got that very detailed message back, which rang every possible alarm. The suddenly poor English, the lack of year or time frame on his wife's death, but telling me, a complete stranger, the full name, age and university of his daughter, and asking for photos, as if he hadn't seen the ones on Match. I searched his photos in Google and they all came up with "fraud" "scammer", etc.

I reported it to Match, who removed his profile immediately, and of course, ignored his second message to me.

JackieC
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Marcos Anderson - marcosson26@gmail.com

Postby JackieC » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:03 pm

marcosson26@gmail.com

I received the exact email from him after connecting with him on Match.com. He is using the name of Marcos Anderson. Said he lived in Portland, Oregon. He told me he was going to Kuala Lumpur, Malyasia for a job he had bidded on. He sent me his travel agenda and we continue to correspond for about a month. When he was ready to come back his pay transfer was stopped due to taxes he needed to pay. He was so sincere and hated to asked me for the money to help with his taxes. I fell for this and sent him the 5K. After that, his pay transfer kept getting stopped due to many certificates he needed to pay. He told me he was mugged and he needed to close his bank account in the US. I fell for this and allowed him to transfer his money to my account. How stupid is that! Over the weekend, I did more scamming research and found that his pictures were that of Marc Gervais, an author from Canada. I asked Marcos to send me more pictures. He sent me two, one of him standing in front of the twin towers that are famous in Malaysia. I did more research and found a similar photo using the google image search tool. The photo he sent me was photoshopped. He is now expecting me to send him 31K within the next week. I have since stopped communication with him. I hope this help other victims from doing the same thing I did.

email: marcosson23@gmail.com (this email is connected to Elisabeth Markusson from Sweden)
phone: 60446435446 and 540-692-1549

My Queen, as I went to the bank to know what is happening the officer there directed me to the Office of the Inland Revenue here because the UOB said they are not the ones who imposed the tax charges. I did went to the Office of the Malaysian Inland Revenue and asked why they put a Stop Order on my salary transfer, the Officer there said, that me , as a foreign national who is transferring a huge amount of money from here that I earned, the foreign national need to pay the appropriate Tax Charges imposed on it before they can allow to proceed the transfer. The officer said this a law here that I need to abide.

I told the officer to just deduct the amount of money from the salary that I am transferring. He said that is not possible to do so because everything has been declared and the money is on process. He advised me to just settle the tax charges. I told him that I am not staying long here , in fact I am flying back on Wednesday to the US. He said, I just need to solve this matter so that my transfer will proceed. I said that I will try to make a way to do so.

I was making calls since then for my matter here , I paid my hotel bills and other miscellaneous expenses and book my flight. My cash here is not enough to settle the taxes, I only have 4,500USD cash here my love and I need more 12,000USD to complete my money to pay the taxes.

I do not know what to do, I tried to talk with my Director but he said the company cannot do anything as they had signed me out. I still begged him to try to make a way for me so that I can pay the taxes. He said, he can personally borrow me with some amount like 7,000US but not all the 12,000USD that I lack my love.

I need more 5,000USD to complete the tax charges payment . The Director said, he will accompany me when I want to pay it and let him know when I have the complete amount and we will go together to pay the taxes.

I do not know what to do, my friends said they do not have that kind of amount for now but they will try what they can do. I must not do this my love, I know that is not proper but I want to settle the taxes before my flight here and be with you soon. I do wish you can try to make assist me for 5,000USD and I will give you back even with interest please. I am sorry to bother you with this my Jackie, but I do wish you can be able to assist me my love. Call me once you read this so that we can talk! know much time, My head is cracking in pain and too much thinking! Kiss!

Yours,
Marcos

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

marcosson23@gmail.com , +60-4-464-35446, 540-692-1549

Postby Igulinka » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:25 am

Thank you for reporting. We are very glad that you already blocked mafia. Surf safe online.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

sunshineparty
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: scammers with pictures of Mark Gervais

Postby sunshineparty » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:07 pm

I got same exact email. David Anderson from Brazil, said he lives about 20 miles from my residence, on trip to DC for presentation. Connected on Match.com and now I see his profile is gone. Glad I found this and will now block him from email and text/call. Always smart to keep googling and researching. I found no info when I googled his name and info I'd gleaned from his emails and profile. I found this when I searched Google Images with one of the photos he provided. Thanks to those who've posted on this guy.

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Robert7038 - Robwim1122@gmail.com

Postby minerva » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:00 pm

Robwim1122@gmail.com

M2
Robert7038 44 year old male from Beverly Hills , California

About Robert7038
Interests: I will tell you later
Hi.. I am Robert down to earth soft romantic and hard working.. a Christian and straight with fear of God

CHAT

Robert7038
5 days ago
Hello gorgeous I am Robert saw your profile and you seem nice, I am here for a serious relationship and to find that special someone hope you reply

Robert7038
1 day ago
Robwim1122@gmail.com how are you love to know you more

to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Ethan Danny - ethandanny002@gmail.com

Postby Igulinka » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:49 pm

ethandanny002@gmail.com

plus.google.com/115506668477779924261
Ethan Danny

Hello i'm Ethan if you want to be a friend you can add me up on hangout then we get to know each other better Ethandanny002@gmail.com

JackieC
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby JackieC » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:56 am

Scammers are now creating fake Facebook pages using not only the pictures of Marc Gervais but also his name. After the victims are sucked in, they remove the Facebook page.

Refer to http://1sc.org/gallery/marc-gervais/ to read some of the stories.

The real Marc Gervais is not an engineer.

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:46 am

Js5007932@gmail.com

banos
56, Man, Single
Charlotte Amalie, U.S. Virgin Islands
Looks for:
Woman 48 - 62 years
Long-term dating, Short-term dating, Friendship

Image Image Image Image

yes dear but i don,t really like hangout i tell you the truth cause of too many scam-mar in there my dear, i think i love Skype better for now okay, but the problem is i am not always free cause of my work, but let me know what we can do to get close okay, cause you have not told me anything abut you, wish i will really love to know everything abut you, if you don,t mind,
i will be waiting to ready your email okay bye......
Js5007932@gmail.com

JackieC
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby JackieC » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:27 pm

Many romance scammers are using the pictures of Mark Gervais. It would be really helpful to a lot of women if you would post any information you have about the man or men behind these pictures on your Romancescam.com Facebook page.

Thank you.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Wilson - Smithwilson1489@gmail.com

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:45 am

Wilson1489
Sexuality: Bisexual
Looking for: Serious Relationship
State, City: dallas texas
Marital status: Widow or Widower
Children: I have 1-2 children living elsewhere
Profile Information: More Profile Information: Lifestyle

Height: 4'7 (140cm) or below
Body built: Average
Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Religion: Christian
Education: PhD
Personal Description:
Honest sincere gentle man

IP: 196.53.59.64 LogicWeb; bad IP proxy

clone:m.wamba.com/en/users/1748130656

Michael
Was online a month ago
52 years old, Pisces. Nigeria, Lekki‎

Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

jaga
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby jaga » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:45 am

Skype;
ID: donal2255
Name: Donaldson Ray Williams
Leipzig, Germany
Born: May 25, 1965

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Mark Roger - rogermark006@gmail.com

Postby minerva » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:06 am

rogermark006@gmail.com

GL
Mark Roger
53, Man, Single
California City, United States (3867 km)
0% match
Looks for:
Woman
40 - 80 years
Within 20038 kms
Long-term dating, Short-term dating, Friendship

CHAT

Hello dear, how are you doing?
2017. 12. 24. 04:28:33

It's nice to hear from you, here is my email address, rogermark006@gmail.com
2017. 12. 29. 18:59:36

ImageImage