It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Customs & Border Patrol refer'd/ Russian-Detective

Questions and real info about visas, travel requirements, phone numbers, travel preparations, rules for meeting the family, etc...
sojourner
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby sojourner » Wed May 16, 2007 3:06 am

Thanks Elena, I hope this is what you asked. I had been corresponding with Maria Truchenko and am still. I wish I knew
how to get my money back or try to bust whoever is behind this scam. This email I received from
Maria Truchenko (Metallica@Kemut.com) informing me that she is stranded at the airport and is being kept from
boarding her plane by agents who demand she present 800.00 USD in order to board. She even went so far as to list the
link below to the US Gov?t agency (C&BP) Customs & Boarder Patrols help page detailing that some visitors are required to
show 800.00 USD to prove they have money for the return flight as well as expenses during their visit prior to being allowed
entry to the US. While this is a legitimate link and detail, she stretched the truth. I phoned the toll free 877 number at the bottom
of the link and asked about it. They informed me the US does not nor any country we know of have agents at foreign airports to
stop travelers from boarding their planes. The agency does have personnel located at boarders from Canada, Mexico and
some stations in the Carribean and only listed Dublin and possibly one in Great Britain where they may be questioned as to their
financial assets for expenses. This information is free and toll free phone call from within the US so anyone can find out what they need.

Personnel answering the phones are very courteous and helpful, informed and willing to provide other resources to verify US policy/guidelines.
They even directed me to Russian Detective for searching for these ladies profiles, unfortunately for me, all my past loves and
heart throbs appear on your site or others you have provided links for. Tatyana, Olga Sheiklana, Mariya aka.
Yulia the dance and aerobics instructor? and too many who broke my heart but thanks to your web site and details, they didn?t
break my wallet. Thank you guys for having this site, it is great!!!! Let me know what you find from this one, Maria Truchenko from
Marks Russia, near Saratov. She is stranded in Moscow airport? (tongue in cheek, guys)? Razz I haven?t been able to verify her
so she may be new or soloist who hasn?t shown up anywhere else, she has all the markings of ?scammer? but I haven?t been able to
prove it yet. Here are the details from the header but I don?t know how to interpret? thanks again? Also, I think I removed all
details which can relate to me but if you see specifics that could leave me open for other scammers please delete this post and write
me so I will know what should not appear on your posts. I also have viewed over 8,000 pics and not found hers, as soon as I get
the software loaded you list (photobucket) or other sized, I will send her picture for you to confirm if she is a scammer for sure.

MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: from smtp108.plus.mail.re2.yahoo.com ([206.190.53.33]) by bay0-mc8-f22.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2668); Tue, 1 May 2007 00:23:55 -0700
Received: (qmail 51281 invoked from network); 1 May 2007 07:23:55 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO 24-117-35-62.cpe.cableone.net) (testplus0004@24.117.35.62 with plain) by smtp108.plus.mail.re2.yahoo.com with SMTP; 1 May 2007 07:23:45 -0000
X-Message-Info: 5ZHoJh3ZkQ2beHhjtR/Lqw+jGgHyYqvlcOX901YQIttX/7kYcd+iVW3Tpx/DmeMS
X-YMail-OSG: y6j01gUVM1mdCa_5OP08l3nZaFN07blF3fV_Rsx_y4H6k8lLFOqD_vYuJpE_9QgZaHNiVkeyucRQvHFUU.eogvUvrWIB2w--
References: <10810712433> <BAY135>
Return-Path: Metallica@Kemut.com
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 01 May 2007 07:23:55.0638 (UTC) FILETIME=[AD55D160:01C78BC1]

http://help.customs.gov/cgi-bin/customs ... _topview=1

Here is the header from the previous email she sent me informing me of her distress! She said both these came from an internet
caf? in Moscow, near the Sheremetyevo, Moscow(SVO) airport.

Received: from smtp110.plus.mail.mud.yahoo.com ([68.142.206.243]) by bay0-mc7-f13.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2668); Sun, 29 Apr 2007 23:44:40 -0700
Received: (qmail 42290 invoked from network); 30 Apr 2007 06:44:40 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO 221.136.96.243) (testplus0004@221.136.96.243 with plain) by smtp110.plus.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; 30 Apr 2007 06:44:36 -0000
X-Message-Info: txF49lGdW40nl1Kf+1FbrgXAViuE9+xnvJWRPPCmCo0UXIk9RC4fISNSbftqOBQF
X-YMail-OSG: kEqzka0VM1l_qUeBrrkAQwnlHgZSBfDiENO0kdUPIIW.zejyInVei3in4..R4puazVzPgpt.rA--
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 30 Apr 2007 06:44:40.0830 (UTC) FILETIME=[0758E1E0:01C78AF3]

Confirmed scammer, sorry if I wasted you guys time but she is listed on d..faq.com as a scammer. All her pictures and letters
are posted there but under a different name along with additional names and pic's. I only found this site after veiwing yours and
following your instructions to search Google for email address: Metallica@kemut.com. Her name does not appear in the
search or show up any results in searches on many different websites/search engines but the email addy showed up.
After searching the pic's, I found especially on pages 5 and 6 at
(http://www.d..faq.com/faq/russian_ma ... 9#comments) that she is a scammer. No need to invest more of your
time but link to this if needed and you will find her pic's as Maria. Especially "From Russia with love, soon we will be together, your Maria".
She is smooth, patient and waits a long time to ask for money, assured me for almost 4 months that she was coming to me at
her own expense. Oh well, also her address is:
Russia:ZIP-413090.
City, Marks.
Street, Mamina 11-4
Let me know if you want information posted here as I have several letters left and pictures, but didn't want to duplicate if you guys can
just post a link to the d..faq page with all and more info than I have. Pretty naive I guess? Thot she was a keeper... anyone know
a legitimate keeper?.... Razz

Here is a reply to me from Maria after I have not sent her money to get on board the plane. Any of you "baiters" want to find her out, go ahead...
I'm trying to figure out how to get this person to show up for a meeting with the tax police... any help from anyone here would be great.
I'd like to see these guys whoever they are busted, they have communicated their disgust for America from previous
letter before I knew it was response I had deleted, in essence they told me I didn't know anything about customs in their country
and I should wake up, not all places are like America. (this was in reference that I had called the supposed men demanding money
from him/her gangsters and should be arrested for their crimes against people all over the web. anyway, follows the latest in my love-hate
relationship with Maria, btw: she is supposedly in Moscow now on a hospital computer but has same isp as previous supposedly from
Marks internet cafe.

Received: from smtp101.plus.mail.sp1.yahoo.com ([69.147.95.64]) by bay0-mc6-f15.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2668); Tue, 15 May 2007 01:07:09 -0700
Received: (qmail 37813 invoked from network); 15 May 2007 08:07:09 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO c-75-71-144-40.hsd1.co.comcast.net) (testplus0005@75.71.144.40 with plain) by smtp101.plus.mail.sp1.yahoo.com with SMTP; 15 May 2007 08:07:07 -0000
X-Message-Info: txF49lGdW43C0oxFZzGFW24qxNgGa/r2G28VVxyWJ0s1NzAbMZIg3gHy1Qj7Nh9B
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 15 May 2007 08:07:09.0254 (UTC) FILETIME=[0908B660:01C796C8]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View E-mail Message Source
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi my love *****.
I have very bad news for you. I even don't know how to begin.
Right now I am writing you from the hospital. I have concussion
of the brain. But don't worry because I am OK, only I have a
little headache. I lost my vigilance. But when I was passing a
dark street somebody heated my head with a heavy object.
I lost consciousness and awakened in hospital only. I was told
that I was robbed. My wallet with your address and
coordinates were stolen. To tell truth , I have noticed in In shop
two suspicious young people, but I didnt pay attention. How I am pity
about my carelessness presently.
The policeman came to me in chamber and I described him appearance
of thise pair. But I am not sure that they will find them. I feel
uncomfortable to ask you once again about help, but you are the most
close person for me in this big city though you are very far now.
Send me please 150 dollars. This money will be enough for me must
to get to Marks. Fortunately, my documents were not stolen.
When I arrive in Marks, I will sell my apartment. These money will
be enough to buy the plane ticket and return you all money
which you gave me. I love you very much and as before I want to be with you anyway.
Probably you think that I was powerfully knocked on head if I am so mad.
But I have solved so. My love to you with each day and with
all failures only grows. If you are not able to help me presently, I will understand this and won't be offended on you. But you
are my last hope. Tomorrow I will go from hospital. I do not know what I shall do. I have no money to eat and buy the ticket
home. Answer me as quickly as possible. Tomorrow is the last day when I am capable to use the computer in hospital.
Maria.

She wrote this despite the fact she should have 830.00 US from the airline ticket refund as she had not refunded it at the time she last
wrote still trying to find a way to get on board the plane. The American embassy in Moscow needs more information to verify
absolutely she never made application for nor received a visa. I will update after they complete their research.

Thanks MIT61 for your signature It's hard to teach, those who wish not to learn it has spurred me to learn for myself
from this site here (Russian-Det.) from Elena and all to avoid the pain of lost finances but also the emotional stress involved in
realizing you have been lied to as well and put hope in false relationships.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Elena
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Elena » Wed May 16, 2007 8:31 am

Yes, sojourner, this is perfect. I created a new sub-forum where I would like to start storing the tidbits of true info about Russian visa & travel requirements, and debunk some myths created by our friends-scammers. So I am moving this post there, and it will be the first post there. I will even make it into a sticky.

Return to “Russia & Russians - Myths, Truths, and In-Betweens”