It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Prosecution Assistance for Victims of Russian Dating Scam

Scammers from Russia, Ukraine, or any other former Soviet Union countries.
restless_dreamer
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Prosecution Assistance for Victims of Russian Dating Sca

Postby restless_dreamer » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:50 pm

Greetings Elena, :smile:
I know that you are so bussy, I understand.. but some months ago I sent a LOT INFORMATION about scamming report in Russian detective web site, however it seems that russian scammer is not yet included in your BLACK LIST, although mine report , the scammer "name" is Svetlana Aleksandrovna Aklanova from Cheboksary.

thanks..!!

regards to you ;)

"fooled dreamer"
Fooledboy never will rest until find the bribon girl who stoll his dreams..!!!

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

investigator
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Sorry about your scammer

Postby investigator » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:22 am

I sent Elena an e-mail a few weeks ago telling her I was going to help research these scammers. Can you post a picture of your scammer, I probably know her as I am in touch with another scammer now and I am baiting her.

Elena
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Elena » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:07 am

Greetings Elena, :smile:
I know that you are so bussy, I understand.. but some months ago I sent a LOT INFORMATION about scamming report in Russian detective web site, however it seems that russian scammer is not yet included in your BLACK LIST, although mine report , the scammer "name" is Svetlana Aleksandrovna Aklanova from Cheboksary.

thanks..!!

regards to you ;)

"fooled dreamer"
restless_dreamer,

This link may explain to you why:
http://www.russian-detective.com/Report ... ammer1.htm

Did you lose any money on this scam? If yes, have you filled out the prosecution assistance request form? If yes, then have you heard back on that?

My schedule is such that I have the ability to answer only the emails that are either important for my business or have to do with prosecution. Everything else is piling up for now.

investigator
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Regarding prosecution

Postby investigator » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:10 pm

Elena, how can we get addresses from the IP's we search because the police need evidence to get warrants and we need solid intell to do this.

Elena
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Elena » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:23 am

Sorry, I am not sure I understood the question. Are you asking how to find IP addresses or how to obtain a location of a computer using an IP address?

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:00 pm

To find the IP addresses, look at http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10910 which will explain how to find them via several email providers. As for locating them from an IP address, it can only give you a general location. It won't lead you to their door unless you contact the ISP with a warrant. It's not something you or I could do.

investigator
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

ISP search

Postby investigator » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:46 pm

I know that I cant get a warrant. I am looking for the ISP that owns the domain and the server and possibly research from that end. I would like to know what the Russian law is and what they require to prosecute these cases since i am unfamiliar with their process.

Elena
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Elena » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:26 am

Investigator,

Yes, only law enforcement agencies can get a warrant. But you do not need to be worrying about the ISP - if you lost money in a scam, you need to contact Russian police as soon as possible. They will handle the research into the evidence in the case much better than you can.

Please read http://www.russian-detective.com/scams/ ... plaint.htm and follow the links from there.
Last edited by Elena on Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

bookie2
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Prosecution Assistance for Victims of Russian Dating Scam

Postby bookie2 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Dear Alena i would truly like to thank you for your dedication to this cause.I hope you all the sucess in your studies and your movement in helping other people in this cause.Wish you all the best 2010 has to offer ,God will truly bless you.Kenneth

bookie2
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re:

Postby bookie2 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:48 am

Investigator,

If you would like to help me and my company, I actually often need assistance with researching online information on various scammers, so if you are good with the Internet, you could be very helpful to me, actually. Please let me know if you would be interested!
Dear Elena
I too feal victim to a dating scam.Lost a few thousand dollars in the process ,but i got my heart tuged pretty good.Since that time i have did a lot of reasearch gathering tools and reading alot about this situation ,and getting pretty good at it.I have time to help you in any way you would like.If you want me to do anything just give me the word and i will get on it right away.No matter how big or small a job i will do my best to discover what you will be looking for.I do not want monetary gain from this just want to help your cause.Bookie2 Thanks :D

lambomech1
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: filing in ukraine

Postby lambomech1 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:38 pm

Ukraine authorities seem alot less interested in the subject of dating scams; however, I am strongly recommending that all victims of Ukrainian dating scams file criminal complaints with Ukrainian authorities nevertheless, because the growing number of the complaint should eventually drive the interest in this subject among the law enforcement.
hi Elena,

so far i was only able to contact the US embassy in Ukraine but the tell me to file with ics.gov- I found the web site for interpol and it seems to me that the have bigger fish to fry rather that pay much attention to us in following up with dating scams-should i file anyway??

i already filled up the info on your web site to see what we can do..when i called Money Gram she did take my info and she said that it is some kind of report to prevent the scamer from getting more money, is this true?... as of now i have lost almost $3,000.00 :cry: unless i can recover the money of the airline ticket ($1400.00) in which i am following up with the airline to get them to transfer the ticket to my name since i purchased it and paid for it with my card.. i hope that the will consider that it was a scam and since i can prove that the scamer show a fake visa ... well you know it just has to be an exception! i just can't see how that is so complicated since the ticket was never picked up -- any ideas about this?
I also contacted the TSA but i have an other tel number to call and see, because i was told that there is some type of rule where the names aren't changeable....so we'll see...

Return to “Russian scammers”