It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Nigerians in Malaysia

How African Romance Scams Work
Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Nigerians in Malaysia

Postby Marisa » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:35 am

Recently, they became a disaster. We really wish Malaysian authorities do something about it, as Malaysia is becoming a hotspot #3 in scams (after West Africa and former Soviet Union). This was discussed many times on this site, but here is the short summary.

The scams originating from Malaysia are pulled by Nigerians. The majority gets their on student visas, but instead of studying or working they do the only thing they know how to do well: SCAM.

They generally operate just like their country-fellows in Nigeria, but with some twists and differences.

First of all, they mostly target Asian women: Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, China.

Secondly, they usually pretend to be from the United Kingdom. They rarely pretend to be from the US, or anywhere else. They are mostly engineers from the UK. If you go by their profiles, there gotta be an army of British engineers in Malaysia, more than native Malaysian residents. The streets of Kuala Lumpur should be crowded with Bristish engineers. If you look at some Asian dating sites, almost every male member there is a British engineer.

Then, all these engineers somehow end up in Malaysia. Just like with the rest of the world they end up in Nigeria.

The scam scenarios are similar to the ones described here:
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 77&t=31523" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

plus, one other popular scenario: shipping of non-existent goods. Something is supposedly shipped to a victim, but it gets stuck on the customs in Indonesia, Philippines or Malaysia. In order to receive her parcel, a victim has to pay a fee.

The Nigerians in Malaysia are quite sophisticated. Unlike their Nigerian-based buddies, they have a lot of time on their hands, nice laptops at home (and not some filthy Internet cafes), they are more smart and educated, have more money. They have ability to do a good photoshop job and open fake websites.

So, they send their Asian victims very realistically looking shipping invoices and direct them to the fake courier websites with "tracking systems" of the supposedly shipped goods, which can be tracked in "real time". A lot of victims got suckered in it, beware!!!

If you are contacted online by an attractive "English engineer", check IP address!!! Especially if you are an Asian lady. If the IP says Malaysia: drop him immediately!!! This is a Nigerian scam.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Nigerians in Malaysia

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Nigerians in Malaysia

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:06 am

How Nigerians scam from Malaysia
. Step by step:

step 1: entering on student visa
step 2: finding a "local lover" who has a bank account
step 3: working as "fake white males" and "fake military looking for love", on Facebook
step 4: sending imaginary parcels to the Facebook victims, with a typical Malaysian Fake Shipper Scam (who asks for fees)
step 5: finding more locals´ bank accounts to wash this money gained from world-wide victims, offering them 4-5%
step 6: ad infinitum, with more phones, more profiles and more victims
step 7: thus, becoming an organized gang with millions of income

How do I know? It was in the papers: http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2 ... scam-ring/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Return to “How African Romance Scams Work”