It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

How romance scammers live and work

How African Romance Scams Work
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Collection of short stories on what scammers are

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:35 pm

ImageImageImageImage

Universities everywhere provide reliable and affordable internet to students. The Ahmadu Bello University in Kaduna, Nigeria seems to be no exception here. However, when night sets in [you know this by the time "he" is online!] at Ahmadu Bello University in Kaduna, Nigeria, (at least) one students stays in its library (the baseball cap guy, unfortunately, we don´t know his name), making the best of the Nigerian taxpayer-paid university facilities, by using them for massmailing Western women.

Something we call romance scamming.

One fake profile after another he works down his list:

First, his FAKE Stuart James account, always easy pretending to be him, half Nigeria seems to know these pictures, on Skype. Chatting with stolen webcam video snippets means faster money and he can easily handle ten victims at once.

Later, when he has added as many middle-aged world-wide women as he could, he maintains his strict schedule (you learn a thing or two at university), signs off as "Start James" ("Going on patrol now, bye babe ok") and, away from military, changes towards being a US family guy named "John", the Woody Woodpecker photo, obviously stolen from someone´s private website, now on Tagged.

The same massmailing and money-begging routines.

After a few hours of this easy work, this anonymous Nigerian student from Kaduna can conveniently chill out after just fruitful night by pretending to be a (fake) British architect, this time, yes, on this Facebook.

And these are only the fake profiles we know of. Surely he has more!

How many women can he massmail using the university server? 100? 500?

And how many will ultimately pay? :(

Don´t pay.

Topic(s) "he" has on RS already: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=78987" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (4 photos)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:10 am

ImageImageImageImage

This "man" from Ikeja, Nigeria has at least four phone numbers (incl. one fake UK one) at his disposal, one accomplice in South Africa, for doing what?
Running professional romance scams with stolen pictures from at least three different people, see below.

Thanks to Belgian baiter mistral for sorting through this mess
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 43#p394743" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:57 pm

ImageImage

Dieser Scammer (=Person, die mit gestohlenen Fotos ausgerüstet zahlreiche unechte Profile erstellt und wahllos Frauen kontaktierend unter Vorspiegelung von Liebesabsichten sich finanzielle Vorteile verschafft) arbeitet auf der deutschen Seite Finya, in deutsch.

Das erste Bild zeigt, für wen er sich ausgibt.
Das zweite Bild ist der Verantwortliche: Aaron Kwasi Nyarko Osafo, ein ghanaischer Kleinkrimineller aus der Hauptstadt Accra.

KEIN GELD SCHICKEN!

Mit Dank an Sternenwolf fürs Herausfinden der Details.

Topic bei RS: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 47#p394847" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

English summary: This Ghanaian scams on German dating site Finya, in German.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:18 pm

ImageImageImageImage

Nana Yaw Alwaes from Accra, Ghana has left Anum Presby Senior High School highschool in 2012 and has not been doing bad since.
By now he owns a laptop and a car. Luckily, his military scam profiles generate enough and comfortable money. Quite a nice stack of it. So he can laugh at his friends who work now or who stayed at school. I am just not sure whether this is US Dollars that multiple victims sent to him or whether he left Western Union right with Ghanian Cedis to spend with the gang; pretty sure the latter.
How many scam victims were necessary for his Apple laptop and car?

Topic and how-do-I-know is http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 39#p394939" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:08 pm

pretends to be:Image => him for real:Image
Romancescam.com 11 minutes ago ·

The past weeks have been a bit lame for "Micheal Smith" from "new york" (actually, Lagos, Nigeria). His Mydailyflog fakey [posing as a 44 y o wealthy businessman (pictures stolen from a Turkish man)] is not paying as well or as fast as he had hoped. After all, his girlfriends whom he meets right IN Lagos on his real-self Badoo cost plenty money.
During some relaxed browsing of American military blogs on another hot summer night at the internet cafe, looking for a suitable picture gallery for a military white male fake profile for some fast scattergun approach yahoo chatting, which will hopefully pay faster, he stumbles across an American blogger known as "Viper" and is satisfied with what he sees, registers a new yahoo, takes his below photo as yahoo avatar and bombards every female he can find with contact requests from dusk til dawn.

Topic and how-do-I-know is http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 79#p391579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: How African scammers live and work

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:23 pm

ImageImageImageImage
I have no idea why he proudly displays a table full of handguns - is this what he wants to buy from his scam earnings?

This is South African scammer Terry Promise Uche from Pretoria, married, and has a kid!

Nothing stops him from scamming pretending to be white males and females on various social networking and internet dating sites :(

Topic and how-do-I-know: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 11#p395211" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Stories on the Facebook page

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:51 pm

Romancescam.com
about an hour ago

Why expose scammers like Issah Nazir from Tamale, Ghana?

Other than exposing actually used scam details in the hope that other people google in time or at least before their first payments, I´ve long accepted that normal citizens cannot really "do" more.
Unless they are backed by an international TV team. (last autumn, ZDF TV team from Germany)
But even then the money pickup boy was are only filmed from a distance - pixillated - and let go.
Exceptions are a few countries in Asia who have arrested immigrant gangs who were doing internet fraud. See "Articles + media" section. But I cannot raise false hopes here In West-Africa, even if we know their names, photos, school, parcel receiver address...nothing is going to happen. Who victims know as "him" (i.e. one white male, believing they would be talking to "him") is in fact an organized youth criminal gang led by experienced leaders as a professional money making setup on the internet. This kind of fraud (romance scams) is possibly not seen as actual crime in many parts fo the world but rather "clever form of social engineering plenty of money out of decent people without work".
The police may indeed contact you by email - but this is the same scammer again (fake police, fake FBI etc), claiming they have arrested him => leading to more fees.

Victim context (boyfriend researching his gf´s "diplomat" scam) and how-do-I-know: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 73#p391373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: How romance scammers live and work

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:07 am

How Nigerians scam from Malaysia. Step by step:

step 1: entering on student visa
step 2: finding a "local lover" who has a bank account
step 3: working as "fake white males" and "fake military looking for love", on Facebook
step 4: sending imaginary parcels to the Facebook victims, with a typical Malaysian Fake Shipper Scam (who asks for fees)
step 5: finding more locals´ bank accounts to wash this money gained from world-wide victims, offering them 4-5%
step 6: ad infinitum, with more phones, more profiles and more victims
step 7: thus, becoming an organized gang with millions of income

How do I know? It was in the papers: http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2 ... scam-ring/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:02 pm

Summary from a victim after a two-year military romance scam:

"I don't want this to happen to another woman out there if I can help it I will. I am here to tell my story and hopes no one else falls victim to this person as I have. I have suffered so much emotionally,mentally and financially.
I have suffered such terrible losses through knowing this person and even lost my home cause I gave him money with the promise he would be home that weekend from being deployed. All i can do is go forward and pick up the pieces. I have loans I took for this person I am paying since the start of knowing him. So please heed my advice if anyone asks for money from you and asks you to open accounts for them or accept checks to cash please don't. Block them. Your heart may want to help cause of the love that developed but it is fake love for them just to get money and items. So please don't. Your heartbreak will be less now than later once and if you get to invested in this with them and then it will be harder to let go cause they have you hooked cause of empty promises of love."

- Topic, if anyone wishes the full story, is: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 95#p396695" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And as always: This picture was STOLEN. The scammers doing this for financial gain were West-African gangs.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:36 pm

ImageImage
Femzy Ijeomah in the right picture left Lagos State University not too long ago, hiking his way to Accra, Ghana, from which he works as "self-employed".

What this means is: He gets a picture from "Miller", registers plenty of profiles with this military man´s pictures, "general mark michael from united state of America presently here in Afghanistan for the ongoing war" and romance-chats every woman he can find during the long days and nights of self-employment in the many cafes with fast internet in Accra, Ghana :(

Don´t pay fake military men who ask you for money over the internet!

Femzys are out there on EVERY site by the tens of thousands !!

Topic and how-do-I-know is: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 48#p396848" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Credits to Anna for finding out all about this background :)

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:38 pm

OT (off-topic), what follows is not about a specific African romance scammer but the statement from a normal American woman (former military) whose pictures got stolen and abused in scams.

"Hi y'all, my name is Anna Rhees and I'm writing to tell you that I am the face of a scam that seems to be getting quite large. I have never nor will be on any dating sites...the scammer ruined that option for me. A lot of the details they are saying about me are correct because they seem to be trolling my social media accounts, however a lot are incorrect and I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable about the emails I've been getting from guys and the content they have included that they think 'I' have said. Anyway. This person or persons has been using a satellite phone with a Louisiana and a couple Texas numbers. They've been using variations of my name@ aol and yahoo and hotmail, all of which I don't have. Please don't send them money, please realize that when military members go on leave from overseas they don't need people to pay for it, it's taken care of from the military. Oh also I'm not in Africa, camp lemmonier, I'm not stationed anywhere, I'm not even active military anymore....I'm in the states and trying to gather any info to turn it in to the FBI Internet crime department. So yeah, please let me know if you have questions
At least one of these pics are being used...these are MY pictures."

SUMMARY: This is a perfectly normal American woman, who has a social media account. Last year, Nigerian scammers stole her pics and have been using them in plenty of different Nigerian romance scams.
Just minutes ago she commented here on Facebook, you can still find it easily.

Help us spread the message.

Topic is http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 70#p396870" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:49 pm

When scammers cannot get more money by lying (=pretending to be white males, white females, military), they ask for money directly.

This one, Ajanaku Adegoke, from Ivory Coast, asks for money investment for an own shop.

Funny that we know he does 419 (Nigerian advance fee fraud) as a primary source of living. If you care to read the link you´ll find him posing as typical 419 scam barristers and females asking internet people for money by false pretendencies.

The real scammer has already applied for a Canadian VISA.

Do not send money.

Topic and how-do-I-know is http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 80#p398280" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:40 pm

ImageImage

This Nigerian scammer is based in Cambodia and targets Asian ladies in South Korea and Indonesia, probably counting on not so much knowledge about African love scammers being available there yet :( He uses stolen pictures from the REAL Army Staff Sgt. Jesse Williams (RIP), impersonates him on dating sites and chats up as many ladies as possible, to ask them for money.

Disgusting!

Thanks to BrightStar for discovering this.

Topic and how.-do-I-know is http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 30#p398930" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:32 pm

ImageImage
Well the lazy South African named Olusegun has made both his white male fakeys look alive. Since one scammer can have dozens of fake male and fake female profiles at any given time, it is pretty common that scammers "like" and "friend" and comment on each others fake profiles.
Maybe this South African was just the profile registerer and not the one the US victim was chatting with or on the phone with. The payment receiver name is much different from this Oluwaseun. It´s an organized gang of Nigerians in Nigeria and South Africa. Organized, like in most cases.

Topic(s) and How-do-I-know is http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 10#p401310" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:10 pm

ImageImage

Jeff Miller Military Scam, an example. From a victim´s post today.
"I been scammed by mark miller. Also uses name john larry. He has confessed hes from Ghana, nungua area. Real name Richard Klutse "zuka" . He has admitted scamming women from Uk and US. He is now after coming Uk on fake visa". [end of quote]
So, this West African anonymous chatter, once confronted (and educated) about the Miller lie, changed his story from "Military scam" towards visa seeker...and took another prepared picture set (and another fake name).
Unfortunately, the victim did not think of posting the emailaddress!
Please always add the scammer´s emailaddress!

Topic is http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 80#p401480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “How African Romance Scams Work”