It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:52 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Russian Visa-ticket scams

How Russian Romance Scams Work
Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:18 am

What it is about: a girl falls in love with you within few weeks of correspondence and wants to come visit you in your country. But for that she needs money for visa and tickets.

Please remember: this is ALWAYS a scam. Especially when it comes to countries where visa is very hard to obtain for young unmarried and not wealthy Russians and Ukrainians: United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and the countries where Schengen visa is required.

No real Russian girl will ever ask you for money or suggest to visit unknown man in his country first. You should NEVER offer it, too. Do not invite Russian girls to your country! By doing so, you are calling for trouble. If you are serious about finding a Russian girl, be prepared that you will have to visit her in her homecountry first.

This type of scam is usually pulled by Russian scammers, but some Ukrainians do it, too. The scammers are mostly young Russian males from Yoshkar Ola with pictures stolen from innocent Russian girls. They rarely use modeling pictures.

Signs of scam:

- they contact you first on a dating site and give their email address in the first message.

- the messages are written in a bad English run through an online translator making little to no sense, sometimes with few misspelled untranslated Russian words left in (i.e. negligence, being in a hurry, mass-mailing). The real girls, even with poor English skills, usually pay more attention to what they send to men.

- their profile disappears from a dating site shorty after you get their message, or is already gone. That means they were booted off by site's administration for scam and spam, or using stolen CC.

- they contact you on the sites where paid membership with a credit card is required to contact other members (i.e. using stolen CC).

- they don't read your letters and don't answer your questions, or answer in a small postscriptum at the end.

- they have TheBat! in email headers while claiming to be computer illiterate and writing from an Internet cafe

- their IP addresses don't correspond their claimed location (city or even country) or are of Yoshkar Ola, Russia or Lugansk, Ukraine

- they fall in love too quickly

- they want to come visit you in your country

- they do NOT want you to come visit them first with different excuses

- they ask for money

More tips can be found here:
http://www.datingnmore.com/fraud/scam_signs_russian.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here you can find a detailed insight on how Yoshkar Ola scammers operate:
http://www.datingnmore.com/fraud/scam_operate.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also see:
http://www.russian-detective.com/scams/ ... cation.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Return to “How Russian Romance Scams Work”