It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

FBI

Is it possible?
Nikita2016
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: FBI

Postby Nikita2016 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:06 pm

Well, that's the downside of the Internet: in the real life, you meet people living in your own country and even your own city, and if smth goes wrong, you can always go to police.

On the Internet, you can run into a person living anywhere on Earth!! And there is nothing your local authorities can do about it.

Hallo Marisa,

About your text above: I fully understand that your average local police neither has the time nor the manpower to go and solve anything that is going on - on a global scale - the one facility that truly does have the ability to have an impact on a global scale is the Pentagon. I can not imagine that these Generals who's images are used by Nigerian scammers are very happy with the situation. The Pentagon does a lot more than just role around with tanks in certain area's of the middle east. They make it their business to overthrow entire governments and motivate the local police to torture their own citizens - if it serves their needs.

So the one thing that I do believe could make a difference in the long run is to try and motivate and influence politicians and the media in Washington and make as much noise as possible in the media about this. And numbers always matter. So what I mean is: If either the media or politicians in Washington would receive thousands of
e-mails from concerned US citizens who are all writing to them that they want this issue dealt with I am certain that it would in time make a difference. So it could be a good idea to just pick up the phone and call the Pentagon themselves and demand to speak to one of these guys who's pictures are being used for this scam. I would be very much surprised if they would not already be aware of the situation and are probably not too happy about it.

Both government officials plus military people - especially when they have a high position and some ambition - are usually very protective of their image and how they come across in public. That has to matter to them because potential damage to their image could cost them a future job or a promotion. So that is a starting point for a conversation about this subject with them. I find it hard to believe that someone who has spend 30 or more years building up his military career would not care about the fact that his name and picture is used by a criminal organization to scam people out of their money. In other words - the victims of these crimes have a common goal with some of these people who are working inside the Pentagon and who's name and pictures are getting used. Why not just pick up the phone and have a conversation with them about this ? Just an idea.

Kind Regards,
Nikita

P.S.
Do you guys have an e-mail address that I can send some information to ? I have a phone number that I am not sure about but that could possibly be a phone number of one of these people.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed May 11, 2016 9:42 am

Well, what can the Pentagon do against West African gangs using the pics taken from magazines or even US Army sites? :(
There is not one African guy that can be identified and who has been taking pictures of one US General to impersonate him under a variety of names on plenty social sites, it´s dozens to hundreds, over the years, who use hundreds of galleries, among them that particular General. And the other galleries.
At the moment, and in this particular subject matter, volunteer groups still seem to be ahead of most, if not all, local governments combined, as far as education goes. For example, ask Angel 777 from yesterday. She says local police, in their own words, can´t do much since it´s overseas and "not a serious crime" (and she has lost money). :(
PS. Feel free to post all scam info you have, for a checkup, in the designated away-from-searchbots "Am I Being Scammed?" section.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Angel 777
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Angel 777 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:14 pm

Yes its the worst to hear from the police "sorry but we cant help you". When i read here on romance scam abou Uwe Eberli , i Printed everything I had and have given all documents to the police. They accepted everything and opened a criminal Case on him. I had enough proofs to Show what he has done. In German Law he was a criminal and I had the right to sue him. The Police im my town couldnt do propper researches, so they passed the Case to the main criminal department. The redults were that everything of this scammers was fake. Adresse, names, documents, phone number. Its impossible to find them. There is Only Way to find them. Through the ID of their computer. But the Police can only do that in europe and Not in Nigeria. And it would be useless to contact the nigerian Police because this is a smaller Crime. Not as important as for example terrorism or murder. Thats why Nigeria could refuse helping. So the case was stopped.

Gabriella
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Gabriella » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:29 am

One think i found out about this case when ir startet with me andGen.Jonathan Vance you get no help.i did call FBI .AMERICAN FRAUD I REPORTET IT THEREI CALLED SOME PEOPLE IN CANADA.it make no sence you get no help in no way.iffen our Police in Germany do nothing.at all.Canada dont like when there use Innocents poeples Name But.no help there do. there do Nothing. About it.i startet a topic on Fb in an group told them WOMANS if there need help i will do it and help. .one Woman i did help .but 3 mans messdet it up so i left the group WOMANS startet talking.I did outet my self just to help them..IT IS NOT ONLY NIGERIA IS GHANA AND MORE.I AM On 3 Person now i will report in here but is no militaire. Is black from gambia. But there are Nigeria und Guinea and from marroco

Return to “Prosecution of African Scammers”