It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Telephone call with the Nigerian embassy in Berlin

Is it possible?
Lioness1

Bookmark and Share

Postby Lioness1 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:37 am

Since February 2012, I am in contact with a Nigerian scammer, Scott Collins or Ezeh Cosmos Emeka (please read topic http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=43375" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ). It is a prime example of Internet love scam with all what belongs to: money request, bank account details, rage over no Money earned, suddenly desire for a student visa .......! I am aware that I can occupy myself for hours with the solution of a problem, if I have the time and inclination, I have had in this case. I have built up with the fraudster, a relatively friendly relationship of trust, so also known the true identity of him. Through various posts, I know that he is cheating on, with other email address. That was enough!

After I unsuccessfully sent an email to the police headquarters in Abuja / Nigeria with a request to release a contact for a complaint of Internet fraud, yesterday I decided to call the Nigerian Embassy in Berlin. Phone number is +49 030 212300. They need a lot of patience, it takes forever until the line is free.

First, I ended up in the wrong department, I think "general relationship", dial 7, this man as well as another spoke no German, badly understand English. I explained my concerns succinctly, he was astonished: "What do you want? Internet fraud? What is it?" Finally he realized: "Love scam? Ahhh, they`re wrong here choose 030 212 300!" He might have connect me, but no!

So back in the queue, finally: Again I explained my concern clearly. The answer of this gentleman: "Internet love scam? No, they are wrong here, they go to the German police!" I asked him: "So they do not know these scams of their compatriots? Funny!" He hang up the handset very quickly. I felt, it was an unpleasant situtation for him, not for me. I had the impression he did not want to begin the relatively short conversation. He applied like an eel.

Meanwhile, I have the impression on the part of the Nigerian authorities is no interest to fight this fraud really.

I would not be me, now I have a really interesting challenge. To be continued in the near future here. :D

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Telephone call with the Nigerian embassy in Berlin

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:23 pm

I felt, it was an unpleasant situtation for him,
Yeah, I can even understand this to an extent, as embassadors they are paid for promoting, not for admitting.

Thanks for writing this down :) I thought this might help a bit telling people what could be expected from "official channels", who on the one hand are of course not law enforcement, but on the other hand, just to see how some officials react.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Lioness1

Bookmark and Share

Re: Telephone call with the Nigerian embassy in Berlin

Postby Lioness1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Perhaps the answer of all:
Video You Tube
Nigeria - Uzodinma Okpechi
"I go chop your dollar"
".....419 is just a game.....!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG57mPMiJvw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Prosecution of African Scammers”