It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Become a sponsor and help this site.

How You Can Support the Fight
Mister X
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: A request for help from everyone - HUGE update!!!!!

Postby Mister X » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:27 pm

Done :D
CC/BIN reported for the yr 2k12: 1,163M - yr 2k13: 810k

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

hunter_hunted
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby hunter_hunted » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:42 pm

im pay_pal user, it works very well, its sures and quicly and its very easy to open an acount.
Ateh Malkuth ve-Geburah ve-Gedulah le-Olam Amen...

sannycarol
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby sannycarol » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:01 pm

Im willing to pay ,but can you bear with me until i find a new job i was made redundant earlier this year and im struggling to get work now due to the recession , so at present i only have my job seekers allowance and thats to pay bills, food ,not much left each month . I do think its a good idea and as i said im happy too when my circumstances change :kissing:

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:28 am

Here's the latest update. Yesterday we went ahead and signed up for the new server. What will happen now is that we'll have to move everything across to it, then reconfigure scamdigger on it. Unfortunately moving scamdigger isn't as easy as simply copying the files across. It all has to be reindexed to work, and as you all know, it has almost 100 thousand pictures to worth thru! The old server runs out on the 23rd, so we have a few days still to get everything ready. There's going to be a few late nights for us while we do this, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Watch this space...... :D

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:01 pm

This is going to be a mammoth task. Copying the images from the old scamdigger to my PC so I can copy them to the new scamdigger is time intensive. The download program has been running for almost 16 hours so far, and has around 95,000 images downloaded. This shows just how big a project scamdigger is. I was up working on it with Marisa until 6am my time, and she probably carried on until about the same time knowing her. Maybe I should start back on the caffeine til the project's completed :lol:

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:34 pm

^^oh dear ... :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

On A Mission
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby On A Mission » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:14 pm

I am sure I can say this from all of us, THANK YOU MARISA AND WAYNE for all that you are doing! We do reckonize and appreciate the effort and time that the two of you are putting into making RS a better place in a quick and efficient manner. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
We are here to help you free of charge
but there are charges to keep this site running.
If we were able to help in any way,
a small donation would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

>>REAL FACES OF SCAMMERS<<[/b]

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:56 pm

The move is going along well. I've been uploading and downloading files between servers for almost 48 hours solid, and Marisa has been doing all the technical stuff to get it working. Scamdigger is up and running, but still with the basic interface the last time I looked. I had a quick test of it, and it runs brilliantly compared to the old version. Much faster. The RS forum is up and running, DNM should now be done, and I'm in the process of uploading all of RSB to the new server. Of course, you won't see any of this until we switch to the new server, and - if we've done our job well - you won't see any difference except for things being faster. All the cosmetic stuff was done when we updated the forum software to what you can see already. The new server just makes things run a whole lot faster. And you'll all be glad to hear that I've managed to stay away from the caffeine so far :D

barbarakathryn
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby barbarakathryn » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:01 pm

Wayne---How do I donate and where do I donate to? Happy to do IBan; though like with others I find paypal a pain

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:10 am

Sorry I didn't reply to you earlier but as you may have read, I was over in the "other" version of the forum today. Thanks for your donation :) As you can see, you now have a shiny new title and color...

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:05 am

I want to give my special thanks to everybody who donated to this site during the last month. The move to a better server that we did yesterday was ONLY possible because of your donations. To be honest, for me alone this new server would be too expensive, and I would probably never be able to accomplish it by myself. We would be still sitting on the old slow server, suffering and struggling.

The fact that we are now on the new better server is the merit of all these people listed on the first page of this topic.

THANK YOU!! You ROCK!!!

:hugz: :hugz: :hugz:
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Gemini67
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Become a sponsor and help this site.

Postby Gemini67 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:38 am

I've been an impulsive buyer and my bills were growing monthly. To save me from more troubles, I don't use credit cards anymore. Please tell me other ways to donate....like bank transfers or can I send it tru post? Or the scammers' favorite ---Western Union??? Yes, this way is fast and easy...no wonder they love it most!
Last edited by Gemini67 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:57 pm

Hi Nancy! Welcome and we're very pleased that you're willing to help support this site. It's all run by volunteers and no one takes a profit but I know the advertising revenue does not cover the sites operating expenses.

Like you, I don't use credit cards. I have a PayPal account that debits my checking account and that is how I make donations here. It is secure and private.

And speaking of pivate . . . you might want to ask Wayne to alter your user name if that is your real name. We don't want any unethical person to find you through our site.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

Gemini67
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Gemini67 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:36 am

Please tell me how can I send my donation..by cash or bank transfer....coz I don't use credit cards anymore.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:30 am

I have a PayPal account that debits my checking account.
Which means, register PayPal and let them have your bank account details. Then technically you make a money transfer to PayPal´s partner bank, which forwards it on to RS.
I know this is quite impersonal but for obvious reasons, RS must stay anonymous...
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Return to “Supporting Romancescam”