It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Become a sponsor and help this site.

How You Can Support the Fight
RubyM
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby RubyM » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:31 am

OK I have to ask ;) How do you know which user paid if obviously we don't use our real names here. I'm just going to pay my annual sponsorship :grin:

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:17 am

Simple. There's a window to add the username you use here when you complete the payment form.

RubyM
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby RubyM » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:30 am

Really? It didn't see such a window and I already made the payment :eek:

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:58 am

It's possible you donated before it was added, as we only put it in late yesterday. You also need to click on "Please provide your username on RS" to open the window. We knew it was you tho as the email address matched the one you joined the site using. So thank you for helping the site out. I'll change your status when I go to the admin panel to do my admin type stuff for the day :)

RubyM
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby RubyM » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:29 pm

You're welcome, anything to help the site that helped me from being scammed :) And thank you, I feel one of the privileged with such a nice title in my profile :)

mariainmd
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mariainmd » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:32 am

I will help out when I can. I am not sure if I can do it this month, but hopefully I can next month. Between the money the scammer just got from me and the phone bills, it really drained my account. Thankfully I had an extra paycheck to cover my mortgage. I just wish I looked at this site closer before I sent my hard-earned money. I panicked when I couldn't get to this site to report a new scammer. The only person I have ever told about the actual dollar amount has been on this site. There is no one else I can tell besides the authorities. Thanks for everything you are doing here!

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:14 am

I have to say a huge, heartfelt thank you to all those that donated so far. In less than 4 days, people gave enough to cover the server upgrade for the next 12 months. Seeing that makes me so proud of this site and the people here :smile:

But let's not end it there. We have 12 months to get enough money together to cover the fees for the 12 months after that. Please continue sending money. Give $5 a month, more if you can afford it. Every dollar you send helps keep romancescam online and fighting to save others from losing money to the scammers.

Thank you, from both Marisa and myself. We truly are touched by both the contributions and the kind words sent to us over these past few days :applause:

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:35 am

I want to personally express my deep thanks to everbody who donated for our server upgrade. I've already placed a request for upgrade, and we will be moved to a shiny new BETTER server around June 15th.

We will finally be able to put scamdigger back. As any program that deals with images, SD is very resourse consuming. It has to create a color histogram for every image submitted, and compare it towards thousands of other histograms in the database. As you can imagine, it takes a lot of memory. On the current server, there is simply no room for scamdigger to run!

Your donations were our lifeline. Once we are moved, SD will be back and hopeflly everything will run much faster. We have other plans on improving this site, that we could never implement becuase of limited resources. Now we will be able to think of the ways to make this site even better.

Thanks to all who donated, that was kind of emergency, but once again: if you can donate at least 5 bucks per month, we will appreciate! You will get a color rank and title "Romancescam sponsor". I will still be paying some of the hosing costs out of my pocket, and while I am absolutely willing to do it (just like I did all these years), every little bit helps. :)
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

strawberryqueen
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby strawberryqueen » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:26 am

(I am still waiting for Paypal to confirm they've received the money from ma bank account)

I think it would help to have two sponsor us icons on the page, also one at the top, especially if you use laptops, you might not scroll that much down. Plus you could also mention the need of donation (if you don't do that already) in your welcome PM.

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:11 am

So here's the situation to date. After many emails back and forth to the server company, we have to wait around 2 weeks before we can start the process of moving to the new server. This is for purely monetary reasons. The last payment was made on the 23rd of last month, and the company doesn't allow refunds for part used months, even if we are moving to a faster, more expensive server. If we moved now then we'd be paying for 2 servers and only using one. So what we have to do now is sit out these 2 weeks, then give them the OK to start moving everything to our new home. It can take up to a week for the move to be made, so we'd only end up paying for 2 servers for a few days. In the meantime, the mods will go through the threads and remove as much non scammer report related posts as possible to help shrink the forum down ready for the move. Please, don't take offence if you notice your postcounts dropping. It's purely so we can make the move more efficient. It'll be a spring clean before we move to our shiny new home :grin:

howling21

Bookmark and Share

Postby howling21 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:47 am

Sounds good-- and would actually be glad if some of my posts disappear(including this one) I'm still not the most knowledgeable person around when it comes to using computers or asking scammer questions--so maybe some of my less intelligent posts will be history!

Gigs
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Donations

Postby Gigs » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:11 am

Hi Everyone :grin:

I just wanted to say that I didn't have a P.Pal account and just used a C.Card on PPal, it was easy like Wayne said ,fill out the form, pop your RS ID in and click submit and then ya get a confrimation email, click that ,and your Good$ are good to go !! ;) took all of about 2 mins. ;)

NEVER EVER EVER SEND $ MONEY $ !

Finding Headers , http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 18&t=10910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Want to fight back, http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... f=18&t=484" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=66" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On A Mission
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

How To Get A Promotion

Postby On A Mission » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:46 am

Just a little add on to Gigs post... I have never even used P.Pal so I pulled out my Visa Debit Card and thought I filled in all the blanks. I got to the end and was directed back to fill in my RS ID before I could continue and send the monies. I guess it will not let us make a mistake.
The big guys are really working hard and even gave us a new button at the bottom of the page SPONSOR US and at least we can use it and follow through!
Have you gotten your promotion yet?
Last edited by On A Mission on Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are here to help you free of charge
but there are charges to keep this site running.
If we were able to help in any way,
a small donation would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

>>REAL FACES OF SCAMMERS<<[/b]

curiousvixen
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

$$$

Postby curiousvixen » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:23 am

So what exactly is Pay Pal and how do I make a donation?
If you seek...you'll certainly find, however; is it what you sought?

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:24 am

PayPal is an online payment system and CC processor for the websites. You can click the button "Sponsor Us" at the bottom. Thanks!
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Return to “Supporting Romancescam”