It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Become a sponsor and help this site.

How You Can Support the Fight
Joeycat
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Become a sponsor and help this site.

Postby Joeycat » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:18 am

I am not worried about whether I have the sponsor status by my name or not. We are all on a mission here against evildoers and that is what is important. Again, I am grateful to my daughter for listening to her instincts, convincing me that this man was a scam artist, and for sending me the connection to your site. It was a blessing in the midst of utter shock and heartbreak.

Joeycat

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:16 am

Let me just say thank you to the people that donated this week. There's just one problem. None of you gave your usernames when you donated, so we can't work out who sent what. Could you please PM me with the email address you donated with so we can change your status. Thanks again, and please keep those donations rolling in. Remember, everything you donate helps keep the site running and saving people from losing money to the scammers. Now isn't that worth donating for? :D

On A Mission
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby On A Mission » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:02 pm

I really don't feel that guys can get across what they are really trying to say with their true emotions because I do believe that Wayne is truly saying Thank You All from the bottom of his heart to all that have donated to RS. These donations enabled the recent upgrade but it does require money to keep it up and running and I do know that it has and will continue to help many people. Everything has started growing since the upgrade has been done, new members, guests, new posts and replies to existing ones. To me that means people are gaining knowledge of the scamming problem and are fighting back too. I know that the people here put in a lot of their time and will stop what they are doing when someone is is need because they feel like their life has been taken from them. So is Wayne really asking for much?
Please don't get me wrong, I have been contacted by many people that have had private questions or statements and have been told by some that if it had not been for RS that they would of lost money or more money to their scammer and some were in the thousands.
P.S. I would like to say thank you too because the old system (or whatever you call it) was very slow.
:applause: :hugz: :)
We are here to help you free of charge
but there are charges to keep this site running.
If we were able to help in any way,
a small donation would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

>>REAL FACES OF SCAMMERS<<[/b]

mcindyv
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mcindyv » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:18 am

How can I auto deduct monthly a certain amount for my donation thru my Visa Credit Card? How secure is my credit card information.....

It would be easier for me to this for I don't spend time much on the computer and I could keep track on it thru my billing statement.

I wholeheartedly support RS. Even though it was to late for me to know this site, it save my sanity. And I'm truly grateful to all of you. THANK YOU ! :kissing:

I don't have much extra money right now but I'll try to give my financial support and I hope someday when I get fully on my feet again I'll give more.

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:34 pm

One thing we see a lot of here besides the romancers, is internet credit card fraud. West Africa and the romancers are a major factor in that particular crime. For that reason, I'm fairly certain that romancescam.com would never be interested in taking or processing credit cards via the net. RS is not a business. This is a non profit, volunteer web site.

Check with PayPal. I think you might be able to set up a recurring payment schedule with them, but if not, even a one time donation is a great help here. Don't even worry about the size. Anything helps.

Like Wayne is always saying, "Size doesn't matter." :mrgreen:
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:22 am

Just want to take a minute and thank everybody who generously donated to this site. Please keep in mind: I pay $210 per month out of my own pocket to pay for this site and scamdigger, and I will keep paying until I can, as I know how important it is. But we all have our financial ups and downs. ;)

So, every 5 bucks counts. THANK YOU, GUYS!! :)
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:15 am

$210 per month out of my own pocket to pay for this site and scamdigger
Woooaagh :-o I didn´t know our hobby was that expensive!! :( :( :(
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

The Wild Geese
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby The Wild Geese » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:04 am

Hello Marisa,
$210 per month? :thinking: Yes I can understand that some donations from us members will be of great help. Come on people! We spent thousands of dollars to these evil leeches and irritating goat, a few dollars for RS is a well spent money for all the help and all the laughs we get on here! Don't forget RS when you plan whom you will give a gift this coming Christmas. :party:
Nothing wrong of being an Engr. as long as you are real. :-)

hunter_hunted
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby hunter_hunted » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:19 am

i do agree with this is a great hobby as frumpybb has said here
hobbies normally coust money, and this special hobbie wasnt going different,
we all are doing a good job into this special hobbie,
we all need to keep this website opened 'cause this is more than a simple hobbie
we all are warning people and doing a great labor, so people who pay off for a swimming pool,
for to take drawing lessons...or other things, why not for to prevent people of this kind of leeches?
drop by drop we all intent to built a much better world.
so please donate the same as you are wasting for a coffee and a tobaco box, for example
it worths.
H_H :D
Ateh Malkuth ve-Geburah ve-Gedulah le-Olam Amen...

RSfan
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby RSfan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:19 pm

This web site has saved me hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars through the "therapy" I have received here, which I did not have to spend on a "professional therapist". This site is what I call my "Salvation Station", and through it, I have gone from devasted "basket case" just two weeks ago to being almost back to normal....close anyway. :silly:

I figure the least I can do is to "support" RS through donation(s), so I started today. Here is my question....is it possible to set-up a monthly donation automatically, so that I do not have to go through manual process every month? Today, I used both credit card and Paypal.

Such a small price to pay for SO MUCH GOOD. Thank you...all of you. :D
Google is my best friend

kyra
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby kyra » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:20 am

Greetings to all
become a sponsor is very easy.
for such a small sum, you get a lot, I am a member of "the family RS" only two months. I find people here who have the same problems, helping each other, share feelings and experiences with each other, respect each other and advise each, no one is left waiting for help, each trying to do more than what is possible.
I learned a lot, and I'm grateful for that, I know, the sum is just extremely small, but, think about how many of us, victims, here, have found help and "shelter", and how many potential victims were settled. I am one of them, a victim once and saved for the future, it is worth more than the sum of one individual to sponsor-RS-, right? My contribution is a drop in the sea, indeed, one drop does not mean anything, but every drop is part of the sea, I'm happy and I can say, even proud, that I am also a drop in the sea.

Gabriella
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Gabriella » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:38 am

Hello, after all, what the scammer did to me and others ,so good i can i will help every Month,
Regards
Annaroeselie

you are so right Kyra , I got hurt so bad and since I am in her I feel alot better to talk about this and get help,and i can search my self to what im doing ,i guess he is hart to get ,but we try,Thanks to all in her.

WorryWart
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Made a donation

Postby WorryWart » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:16 pm

Just did a lump sum rather than monthly thing. Hope it helps prevent some broken hearts and empty bank accounts.

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:41 pm

Thank you. I'm away on holiday right now, but will be home Monday and will any donations then. TIA for you understanding.

Gabriella
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Gabriella » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:47 pm

Hello have a nice weekend ,and i will help ever Month a little .so i do.Annaroselie

Return to “Supporting Romancescam”