It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Become a sponsor and help this site.

How You Can Support the Fight
Gemini67
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Become a sponsor and help this site.

Postby Gemini67 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:50 pm

Thanks for the reminder Pinky....I am too honest (stupid actually). I tried altering my user name but can't do it. I really need to know how to change my user name??? :(

I don't have any checking account and I cut all my credit cards. Can I buy a check from the bank and send it via registered mail. Where do I send this? Can I have the address?

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:48 pm

PM a mod about your user name change.

As for donating by mail, that cannot be accepted. I'm sure you can understand why the owners of this site must have complete anonymity. They have family and lives that must remain private. Why not find a friend or family member that you can give the cash to and ask them to do an anonymous PayPal donation.

I know your desire to support this valiant cause is very much appreciated.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:53 pm

Actually you need to PM me about a name change as I'm the one in charge of the big boy buttons :D

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:47 am

Oh Wayne, you're always fiddling with those buttons.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

Gemini67
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Gemini67 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:26 pm

The two of you are really nice and funny!! :lol: I have a friend in the US, but she doesn't use credit cards, too. I understand your situation...but why not just give me a postal box number....or just give the address of this site....the one which is registered in public. We are kindred spirits and that's why we came to know each other
in this site. :) Wish you both a lovely day! :kissing:

Gemini67
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Gemini67 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:14 pm

In case you can help me change my user name...hope you can use Gemini67 or Gemini1967. Thanks a lot! :)

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:19 pm

Changed for you.

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:37 pm

If anyone know of a way that we can accept donations whilst still keeping our anonymity we'd really appreciate hearing about it. The biggest problem is that scammers will try to (and have tried to with PP on at least one occasion) find out our real life details by offering a donation. We've pretty much got prices on our heads, so have to be so very careful what we do.

On A Mission
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby On A Mission » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:33 pm

Can a PO Box be done for checks with a photo copy of a ID sent also with a check. Or is there a way that the bank can set up for wire transfers from one bank to another and still keep your location private?
We are here to help you free of charge
but there are charges to keep this site running.
If we were able to help in any way,
a small donation would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

>>REAL FACES OF SCAMMERS<<[/b]

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:23 pm

A normal PO box would cost us $100 a year, which would mean we'd need over that to go into it to even start making it worthwhile. Plus it's possible to get the details of the owner unless you're able to make one with fake details, but you need to know the right people to be able to do that. Anonymous ones cost twice that amount! I have a number now to speak to someone from PayPal about alternate ways to pay into an account for those not able to use the usual methods, but have to wait til Monday to speak to them. They may say it's not possible, but at least I'd have asked them.

Gigs
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Gigs » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:50 am

Mission , Yes talk to your bank and ask them to auto deduct $ from your account once a month ect.to RS acct. Wayne can hook you up with a link for them to send it to , right Wayne !!?? :D
NEVER EVER EVER SEND $ MONEY $ !

Finding Headers , http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 18&t=10910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Want to fight back, http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... f=18&t=484" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=66" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On A Mission
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby On A Mission » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Gigs, you've been spending to much time on the boat (envious). I have been donating my little dollars every month with my Visa debit card that is included with my checking account and since it is reoccurring the lady at the bank had mentioned to me (as a service from the bank) that they could do a direct debit every month. I guess it is included in the Bill Pay services that some banks offer. With all of the services that the banks offer now I would think that there has to be a way to donate through them and at the end of the year it would be easy to retrieve the records for tax time since donations are a deduction.
We are here to help you free of charge
but there are charges to keep this site running.
If we were able to help in any way,
a small donation would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

>>REAL FACES OF SCAMMERS<<[/b]

Joeycat
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Joeycat » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:59 pm

I made a donation yesterday through PayPal because this site has helped me so much. I am on a mission now to help others as well as guard myself from these scam artists. I am grateful to all for their help and support.

I will continue to make donations everytime I can afford to do so. Thanks!

Joeycat

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:03 pm

That´s nice of you :) thanks
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:27 am

Thank you. Unfortunately Marisa (who deals with the money side of things) is unable to get any kind of internet access until Wednesday as she's spending time with her family, so we can't give you your sponsor status until then. As soon as she comes back we can sort it out for you.

Return to “Supporting Romancescam”