It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

RomanceScam - The book. NOW AVAILABLE TO BUY!!!

How You Can Support the Fight
wayne

Bookmark and Share

Re: RomanceScam - The book. NOW AVAILABLE TO BUY!!!

Postby wayne » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:55 am

If you check out http://www.romancescamthebook.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; now you'll see a new design that shows both books.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:08 pm

You can now buy the book in Kindle format.
Americans can find it at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004GHN69K" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brits can find it at https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004GHN69K" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:29 pm

I've also had Kindle versions of The Scam Survivors' Handbook made, but Amazon charge 99c for it. Nothing I could do about that as there's a minimum price you have to place on them. Links are at http://www.romancescamthebook" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The PDF version is still free of course.

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:38 pm

Look what arrived today.

We're almost at the stage where the book will be released as an actual physical book you can hold in your hands. I got my proof copies today, but the cover art is slightly off centre so needs to be redone. The inside however is perfect. There's very little difference in the physical book to the PDF version. The cover had to be altered to give myself a last name and a few of the smaller illustrations have been removed. To give you an idea of the size, it's leaning against my 19 inch monitor. Hopefully we should be selling them on Amazon within the next 2-3 weeks as long as the new cover art is acceptable.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:42 pm

Me want three whenever it´s ready in print! :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:00 am

The new proof copy came today and it's been approved. So keep an eye out for the book appearing on amazon.com within the next week.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:28 am

At last!! :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:54 pm

It's for sale at createspace right now, and will be available on Amazon in the next few days. Here's the link to the createspace page.
https://www.createspace.com/3531956" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duckhunter » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:09 pm

Oh my gosh, I HAVE to find a way to buy one. It's so hard to buy anything online without a credit card.
Help us keep scammers stupid Post his details here to warn others, then walk away without explanation. Confrontation alerts scammers & makes them change their identities...which makes all your hard work outdated. It messes with their minds if they don't know why you walked away.

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:19 pm

Wow, that was quick. They said 3-5 working days, but the book can already be found on Amazon HERE!

@DH - If you can't sort out a copy from your side, I'll see what I can do for you from here.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:22 pm

!!!

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:51 pm

Right now some reviews from those that have read it would be hugely appreciated. I'd post myself and say how wonderful it is, but for some reason Amazon disapprove of that kind of thing :P

southern lady
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: buddy196544@yahoo.com

Postby southern lady » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:01 pm

Hi guys, First of all Wayne has a great sense of humor!! :lol: In between working some long days lately I've been reading.. Your profile has very much liked me. :mrgreen: My son was in from UGA this weekend and he was laughing. He really like the drawings. And Frumpy you are very gifted!! Loads of knowledge in the book. :applause:
Southern Lady

southern lady
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby southern lady » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:41 am

Marisa I'm new here and still learning people. This book is fun!! I don't just read it I study about their behavior now so not to ever fall for the scam again.In any area, work. business, relationship etc. I do know your voice and have listen to things you talk about on the site with Wayne. I feel that I have learn so much in a short time. I'm looking forward to the next book. :) :)
Southern Lady

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:15 am

I'm glad you're enjoying the book. I have to say it was an absolute riot to write, and I still laughed at stuff when I read it again as a physical book, around 2 years after I first started working on it :)

The next book is going to be even more of a wild ride ;)

Return to “Supporting Romancescam”