It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

RomanceScam - The book. NOW AVAILABLE TO BUY!!!

How You Can Support the Fight
The Wild Geese
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: RomanceScam - The book. NOW AVAILABLE TO BUY!!!

Postby The Wild Geese » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:37 am

Yes of course I am a Building Contract! :D Improve your English SCAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: This is a kind of book I can read aloud to my whole family on Christmas Eve to digest the heavy meal! Work well done :applause: :applause:
Nothing wrong of being an Engr. as long as you are real. :-)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:43 am

:) :) :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

The Wild Geese
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby The Wild Geese » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:42 pm

Muah! ha!ha!ha! :mrgreen: I really enjoyed reading the phrases from these jelly headed scammers! :lol: Work well done ! :applause: :applause: Now, I degrade these jelly headed evils but mind you, one of them outsmarted me! :cry: I just finished reading 1/4 of the book and it's really very entertaining. I even forgot that I was once a victim of these dirts.
Nothing wrong of being an Engr. as long as you are real. :-)

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:22 am

I've whipped up a quick Youtube video to promote it if anyone wants to watch it. You can find it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXrkGjJ7nXU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

charlotte
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby charlotte » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:27 am

Only half way thru it and loving every bit of it. Thanks for the labour of love.

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:03 pm

Hanne. I've received your payment, but the email address supplied bounces back as unavailable. Can you PM me with your full name and an alternative email address so I can resend the link please.

howling21

Bookmark and Share

Postby howling21 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:20 am

Just got started on the book. Had to finally stop when reading through scammer "names" because my sides hurt from laughing- literally! :mrgreen:

I should have stopped, that is. Just wanted to check the 1st page of the next chapter on scammer "location names", thinking nothing could be funnier than the 1st chapter. Ohhhhhhhhhhh..... I laughed just as hard. Thought I'd wake up everyone in the house :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

It's not only hilarious, but just reading that much itself goes far in educating others. Not only on how scammers work, but the magnitude of the romance scam world; for those who've never heard of such a thing to those who've heard of it happening to someone else and not being able to comprehend someone falling victim.

The fact that this has been written up in a book, along with realizing the extremes scammers go to, including the absolutely crazy names that have come about from it... somehow helps one see in their mind how big and far-reaching it all is. I'm not sure, but suppose this is because we start realizing there must be many, many more with less crazy names(tho I can't think of Any normal ones at the moment-ha), and it makes the scam world appear far bigger than we imagined. And that brings us closer to the truth. The reality is the scamming world is HUGE.

Can't wait til I get a chance to read more. In fact, can't wait to show someone tomorrow the parts I've already read. :lol:

Thanks for writing the book. :applause:
It's FANTASTIC!!!

p.s. was extremely tempted to quote a couple of names, but instead will mention some posted just today.

From Topic Isaac, Mike Larry, Tom David -
Jeffrey from Dallas, Texas has 15yr.old son by the name of "Yohermry". Maybe he named him that because it rhymes w/his own dad's occupation - an "attoney".
After seeing this in type, I think perhaps the Topic title is even funnier-lol
(from posting by Oam)

howling21

Bookmark and Share

Postby howling21 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:39 am

And on a more serious note, at least one of the scammers behind all the names of Isaac, Mike Larry, Tom David is extremely mean & nasty when he doesn't get his way(see Topic in White Males).

I'd recommend this book for that reason as well; b/c it's very educational - read some of it to your friends, your family. Not only will they get a huge laugh, they'll learn a lot. :) (And maybe help someone among them avoid the same nastiness & heartache that comes along with these "romance" scams.)

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:41 pm

I woke up this morning to find this in my inbox:
i have recieved it and read it it has saved me from spending 1980 euros and im a pensioner so thanks a million and cool, that it only costs 10 bucks, because you can save you self from a heartbrake and empty wallet, so again thanks i have found 2 scammers by now am baiting them as i write!!!!
It's important to mention again that not only is the book packed with funny quotes, but it contains enough educational material to help make sure the person reading it knows how the scammers work and what to look out for so they don't get caught out by the scammers. Comedy, education AND Frumpy's brilliant illustrations. What more could a person ask for? :D

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:42 am

http://www.romancescamthebook.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; now leads to the web page as well :)

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:51 pm

For a bit of fun, Frumpy and I decided to ring a lad and see if we could get him to loan us the money to sell the book in Nigeria. We picked a lad out of the "more 419s" section here and rang him up. Here's his details if anyone else wants to say hi to him.

Name : Mr. Maxwell Page
Email:atm_claimsdepartment02@discuz.org
Tell:+234-706-901-4094.

Call is about 25 minutes long, and we get to tell him exactly what the book is about and where to find it. At one point I even spell out the name of the site, romancescamthebook.com. Remember that the site's security is set up in such a way that he can't see the page even if he tried to look at it ;)

http://www.4shared.com/file/150169979/8 ... loan2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:51 pm

Have you sent him a copy now as eee-male attachment or not? :D

He´s much better than the first sleepy head we called. This lad needs only 2 minutes to have the main points cleared (whereareyoucallingfrom, whoisspeaking, whodoyouwanttospeakto, hellohellohello, yousaywhat)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Gigs
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Gigs » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:09 pm

:mrgreen: Thats really funny guys, did yous do that on the Dans blog talk radio show last sunday ?
NEVER EVER EVER SEND $ MONEY $ !

Finding Headers , http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 18&t=10910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Want to fight back, http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... f=18&t=484" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=66" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:54 pm

There hasn't been a show for several months, since Dan moved on. We're currently looking at doing our own podcasts for this site, but real life has stopped us so far. I think these past 2 or 3 months have been absolutely hectic for the usual suspects involved with the show from this site. That call was done just for some fun and to see how blatant we could make the book's content to a lad without his backing off. We couldn't have been any less subtle to the lad about what the book was about if we'd tried :mrgreen:

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:47 pm

I was making a custom banner for another site that's offered to plug the book for us (thanks Elena) and figured I'd whip up a small one people can put on their websites, in their siglines on forums and so on. So please, help us spread the word about the book by using this wherever and whenever you can.

In more good news, when I Google "romance scam book" I see this as the first hit
Romance Scam • RomanceScam - The book. NOW AVAILABLE TO BUY!!!
14 posts - 1 author - Last post: yesterday
I just finished reading 1/4 of the book and it's really very entertaining. I even forgot that I was once a victim of these dirts. ...
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... f=13&t...p.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. - Cached
That put me in a good mood :)

Return to “Supporting Romancescam”