It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Next of Kin Scam (Japanese)

Questions to be Answered in Your Own Language
mariko
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mariko » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:50 am

最近、アジア系男性の写真を使い、カンボジアの銀行家を名乗り、「あなたと同じ苗字の海外で亡くなった方の遺産を親族として受け取ってほしい」という人物が日本人のフェースブックユーザーにコンタクト取ってくると言う話をよく聞きます。この種の詐欺をNext of Kin(親族)詐欺といいます。

海外に本当に親族がいたり、明治大正時代の親族に海外に移民した人がいる場合、「もしかして」と思う方がおられるようです。また、「珍しい苗字」の方の場合も、「自分の苗字は珍しいので本当かもしれない」と期待されるかもしれません。しかし、苗字が「珍し」さんでも「よくある」さんでも同じメッセージが来ますよ。

その手口は以下の通りです。

どこかの国、(アフリカだったり、アラブだったり、東南アジアだったり、日本国内だったり)であなたと同じ苗字の方が亡くなっていて、その巨額の遺産を外国の銀行が預かっている。その人と同じ苗字を持つ親族として;
●その亡くなった方の多額の遺産を受け取ってほしい、あるいはあなたが受け取る権利があると言われる。
●或いは、受け取り手のない資金を腐敗した現地政府に取り上げられる前に故人の意思に従って然るべきところに移すための手助けをしてほしい、その謝礼としてその金額の数十パーセントをあなたに差し上げると言われる。

どうやって自分の名前を知ったのかと聞けば、おそらくは故人が自社・団体の関係者と懇意にしていた信頼できるパートナーとして、日本の知人からあなたの名前を紹介されたなどと語るでしょう。

その受け取り手のない遺産を受け取ることに同意すると、その「手数料」や「税金」などと称して、偽銀行や税関などがお金を請求してきます。

そして、お金を振り込ませた後、相手は消え去ります。当然ですがその巨額の資金はあなたの口座には入りません。

フェースブックのように実名が前提となっているSNSでは、例えばあなたの名前が鈴木太郎さんだとすると、実名がわかってしまいますよね。そうすると、詐欺師は『ガーナで建築プロジェクトに携わっていた鈴木次郎さんという人の親族を探していたらあなたを見つけた。鈴木さんに鈴木次郎さんの親族として銀行に残されている数億ドルの資産を受け取るのを手伝ってほしい、等と言ってくるわけです。

この手口は典型的なナイジェリア詐欺の一種です。日本貿易振興会の注意喚起もご参照ください。
https://www.jetro.go.jp/contact/faq/419.html
https://www.jetro.go.jp/contact/faq/419case.html

以下、フェースブックでメッセージを送ってくる詐欺師の文例です。

Jeong Kyu O, jkyu0038@gmail.com
Kookmin Bank Cambodia Business Manager
KB Kookmin Bank Cambodia PLC. Business Manager
Banker Manager
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010502344178
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010980588897
I am a bank manager here in Cambodia. I contacted you for a reason , one of my late customer have the same name as yours . he died 6 years ago and left , 10.7 million United States dollars in his account . Since then no relative have come to claim his money .. I think we can work things out.

Unfortunately, my client died with his family in a car crash during summer holiday of 2010 in France. His account mandate does not have any contact of any of his relatives as next of kin. I have made several inquiries to your embassy to locate any of his relatives without any success so I decided to track any of his relative through the last name over the facebook.. I have been mandated by my bank management to provide the next of kin to his account. If i don't get any of his relatives in 29 days the account balance of $10.700,000 will be returned to the government treasury.

If you are interested write to me and i will tell you what we need to do to claim the money within 1 week .
jkyu0038@gmail.com

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

mariko
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Next of Kin Scam (Japanese)

Postby mariko » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:12 am

Jeong Kyu O, jkyu0038@gmail.com
Kookmin Bank Cambodia Business Manager
KB Kookmin Bank Cambodia PLC. Business Manager
Banker Manager

彼の話に応じると以下のようなメールが届きます。ここで個人情報を送ってしまうと、大金を受け取るための手数料などとしてお金を要求される筋書きです。もちろん亡くなったあなたと同じ苗字の人というのは存在しないので、お金が本当に口座に振り込まれることはなく、お金が振り込まれたらカバーできると思った金額はすべて犯罪グループの懐に入ります。

I feel very comfortable doing this transaction with you, from my few communication with you i think you seem to have a good and open spirit of fairness. I only worry about your ability to keep this transaction secret to protect my job and also for a successful completion. Please, i will also appreciate you send me a signed agreement that the money would be shared 50/50 without any conditions as soon as it gets into your account.

This transaction will go through the following very simple procedure. I can assure you there is no risk or any trouble from my side.

(1)
The probate lawyer i am recommending to you now will apply on your behalf to the Kingdom of Cambodian Probate and Estate Administration Registry for legal rights and claims to the bank account of late Mr.Shinji ( )

The Kingdom of Cambodian probate administrative Authority would verify the claims from my bank. I was his account manager before he died so my bank management will ask me to provide the the names and address of the rightful next of kin to the account. I will provide your name and contact details. This verification process will take about one week or less. After the verification process a grant of administration of the deceased Estate would be issued with your name as the beneficiary. This legal document would be copied to the bank and the supreme court. With this document you will become an authorized signatory to the account and can make online transfers or can authorize the bank to transfer the
bank to any Bank account of your choice in any Country.

(2)

Copy this letter below and send it to the probate lawyer's email address ( vannakchamber@justicebarr.com( tanvannak@justicebarr.com)

Dear Barrister Tan Vannak,
My name is............................................
I am the relative of late Mr..Shinji ( ) and next of kin to his account with KB -Kookmin bank Cambodia. I hereby solicit the services of your law firm for the probate application and legal grant of administration to the account.
Below are my contact details;
Contact address:...............................................
Phone Numbers:......................................................
Nationality:............................................................
Profession:........................................
Also attached is a copy of my international passport

Please, for more information regarding this claim you can contact KB -Kookmin bank Cambodia at No 214D St. 73,Boueng Keng Kang, Chamkar Mon, Phnom Penh Cambodia.

I anticipate your urgent attention to my request
Yours Faithfully......

Return to “Non-English speaking users”