It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:49 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Vet accused of stealing $170k from mother to send to scammer

Articles and media
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:31 pm

http://www.wave3.com/story/19886911/vet ... n-overseas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;:
Veterinarian accused of stealing $170,000 from mother to send to man she met online
By Katie Bauer -

MOUNT WASHINGTON, KY (WAVE) – A veterinarian is arrested at work, accused of taking thousands from her mother's bank account.

Investigators said Dr. Pamela Johnsen took $170,000 from her mother's bank account during a two week time period in August. She wasn't keeping the money for herself and that's why her co-workers say, she is the victim in this case.

"That's the thing, she doesn't actually think she was stealing, she was just borrowing money," said Lieutenant Mike Murdoch, Bullitt County Sheriff's Office.

Detectives and co-workers of Dr. Pamela Johnsen believe she got caught up in an international scam, wire transferring money overseas to a man she met online. Investigators said she stole money from her mother's account, who is currently in a nursing home.

On Monday, Johnsen was arrested at work, Johnsen Veterinary Services, a clinic she owns in Mount Washington.

"The only thing she said pretty much was call my appointments and pick up my son from school," said Jimmie Sue Bible, who works for Johnsen.

This all started this past summer, Bible said Johnsen would tell her co-workers about a man she met online. Bible said she met him on the website, "MarryMeSugarDaddy.com." She said his name was Harry and he lived in Chicago, but did business all over.

Office manager Debbie Johnson said he sold her a story that his company was in trouble and he needed the financial help.

"I mean he promised to come here and marry her, you know help me with this project and we'll make millions and I'll take care of you for the rest of our life," said Johnson. "I mean she was told everything that she wanted to hear."

She said the two never talked on the phone or met in person. It was all texts, emails and Facebook.

"We kind of questioned, hold on, let's think about this, she kind of clammed up," said Johnson.

According to police, Johnsen had Power of Attorney over her mother due to health issues, so she had access to her bank accounts.

"I understand, Ms. Johnsen probably feels like she is a victim, considering sending the money in the mail and getting caught up in the moment, but her mother's the true victim," said Murdoch.

The employees at the vet clinic aren't exactly sure what's going to happen next.

At this time, Dr. Johnsen remains behind bars here at the Bullitt County Detention Center and she declined our request for an interview.

Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
What is particularly tragic is that we heard about the victim six weeks ago already :(
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 08#p266908" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 90#p266890" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Her friend "Devilscammers" sent me a message today, this is why I´ve found the article:
Well she hit bottom and made the national news. Stole $170,000 from her mom to send to this guy/guys/whatevers. will probably lose her vet practice. a week in jail.

Unbelievable that she would do this. Google vet steals $170,000 to send to guy online.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Return to “Articles and media”