It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:15 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Woman Sends $1.4 Million To Her Online 'Boyfriend'

Articles and media
Scam Slayer
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Scam Slayer » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:44 pm

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/ ... -boyfriend" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Amanda Andrade-Rhoades, Fri, February 27, 2015

Dating can be tricky. A woman named Sarah has sent $1.4 million to a man she fell in love with online.

Though they’ve been “dating” for the last 17 months, Sarah has never met “Chris Olsen” in person.

Sarah will be on the Dr. Phil show on March 3 to hopefully meet Chris face to face, but she told the talk show host she’s pretty sure he’s not a scammer.

Chris, who is supposedly a businessman from Milan, Italy, has told Sarah he’s being detained in Africa after being falsely accused of money laundering. She’s allegedly bailed him out of jail, paid his legal fees and funded his nanny. Chris has told Sarah he’s tried to leave the country to see her, but that he keeps being detained.

"I am 95 percent certain that Chris is telling me the truth, that this is all legit,” Sarah said. "He assured me that when he gets home he's going to pay me back every dime.”

While Sarah might be sure of Chris’ intentions, the casual observer might believe that she’s been deceived by his loving emails and sickly sweet phone calls. He calls her endearments like "queen" and "flower."

Even Sarah admits Chris, who told her he was a widower, has changed over the course of their relationship. "When I first started talking to him he sounded Italian. Now his accent has kind of changed," she said.

There’s definitely no way this is a scam. Perhaps he’s simply an Italian-Nigerian prince who’s lost control of his throne and needs a loan to get his crown back.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Woman Sends $1.4 Million To Her Online 'Boyfriend'

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:48 pm

Oh, Dr. Phil is doing this subject again, that´s good :)

On the other hand....the former sad record of "money lost to one singular West African romancescam" were 1.2 million lost by a Norwegian trade union leader a few years ago, all went to Ghana then.

=> http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 83&t=25053" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a new high ("low" record) :(
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

knuckles
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

woman sends $£900,000 to african gent

Postby knuckles » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:05 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/01/woman-def ... t-5084321/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

She’s never met her African lover, yet this woman has spent $1.4million (£900,000) on him.

And she has no regrets.

Sarah, who has divorced twice, met Chris Olsen 18 months ago online and the pair have spoken for hours over the phone every day.

In that time he has repeatedly asked her for money and, despite his accent changing over that time, she is ’95 per cent certain’ that he’s the real deal.

He’s even tried getting to the U.S. several times, she says, but each time gets arrested on false charges, Sarah told Dr Phil

He told her that he was from Milan and works in South Africa on business. But he’s also said he’s working in Nigeria and Benin.

coolbreeze1975
R.I.P.
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow with a Martini, stirred, not shaken

Bookmark and Share

Re: Woman Sends $1.4 Million To Her Online 'Boyfriend'

Postby coolbreeze1975 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:53 pm

That's one rich mugu!!!
:cool: CB1975

“Health is like money, we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.”
~Josh Billings

Return to “Articles and media”